BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-14-2021, 07:03 AM   #67
Ctriggs5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW X3 M40i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctriggs5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVI8 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3MCRN View Post
Mine stayed scheduled from late August until last week, then it took from last Monday 9/6-9/8 to complete, left the factory and arrived in upstate New York on Saturday. Can't wait to drive it. First, my detailer picks it up and gives full ppf/ceramic coat.
Good choice. Mine will be getting PPF, ceramic, and tint for the first 3-4 days I have it.
Did you buy your car?
Yes. Ordered August 13th, produced September 2nd, and Performance Center delivery October 4th. BG X3 M40i.
Awesome. I've seen some people who said they are leasing and getting PPF lol burning money
I'm leasing. For my case, no way Jose.

I won't put an additional dollar to paint improvements for 3 years of ownership, no matter how much I want to!
It literally makes no sense. The only thing is the usual tint, that's completely reasonable. People spending thousands for PPF on a car they don't own is laughable
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 11:31 AM   #68
SeaZoobies
Lol - What?
Rep
Drives: '22 X4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mine stayed scheduled from late August until last week, then it took from last Monday 9/6-9/8 to complete, left the factory and arrived in upstate New York on Saturday. Can't wait to drive it. First, my detailer picks it up and gives full ppf/ceramic coat.
Good choice. Mine will be getting PPF, ceramic, and tint for the first 3-4 days I have it.
Did you buy your car?
Yes. Ordered August 13th, produced September 2nd, and Performance Center delivery October 4th. BG X3 M40i.
Awesome. I've seen some people who said they are leasing and getting PPF lol burning money

I won't put an additional dollar to paint improvements for 3 years of ownership, no matter how much I want to!
It literally makes no sense. The only thing is the usual tint, that's completely reasonable. People spending thousands for PPF on a car they don't own is laughable
I'm doing ceramic coating on my lease to buy.

Insurance and write off purposes - lease was the right way to go. Because of my job I can literally write off 80(ish)% of all vehicle expenses and they're insured through my company.

I'm considering doing PPF too.
mathys202.50
      09-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #69
DSM517
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 30i (loaded)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you buy your car?

Agreed. I did the tints on my 21 X3 lease. I used Chemical Guys Ceramic that I did myself. There was justifying the price of ceramic and ppf on a lease.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:22 PM   #70
AVI8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 X3 M40i

I would recommend doing a spray ceramic if you don't own the car. I'm only splurging on ceramic and PPF because I bought the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 12:58 PM   #71
Ctriggs5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW X3 M40i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZoobies View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Did you buy your car?

I'm doing ceramic coating on my lease to buy.

Insurance and write off purposes - lease was the right way to go. Because of my job I can literally write off 80(ish)% of all vehicle expenses and they're insured through my company.

I'm considering doing PPF too.
That is for sure a great perk!
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #72
B-Meister
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZoobies View Post
Isn't it the first full week of October?
Looking at the calendar and counting out the weeks, I think you're correct. So I called the genius line again just a few minutes ago and they told me mine is scheduled to complete production during the final week of September. I don't know if that's week 40 or 39 and at this point just hope they're correct.
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #73
duegatti
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Boxster S; '22 X3 m40i

I put a deposit down on September 4, for modifying a build scheduled for week 37 (week of September 12). It entered "Production Begins" today, and I've got a VIN.

The build has Driver Assistance Pro Package, Shadowline Package, and Mocha Vernasca (which would seem to include full driver seat adjustability). Not sure what else we are wondering would impact the scheduling of a build.

The Performance Center is scheduling for deliveries of cars including mine. Trying for October 18.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 04:36 PM   #74
08-335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08-335xi sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by duegatti View Post
I put a deposit down on September 4, for modifying a build scheduled for week 37 (week of September 12). It entered "Production Begins" today, and I've got a VIN.

The build has Driver Assistance Pro Package, Shadowline Package, and Mocha Vernasca (which would seem to include full driver seat adjustability). Not sure what else we are wondering would impact the scheduling of a build.

The Performance Center is scheduling for deliveries of cars including mine. Trying for October 18.
Congratulations on your progress. Did you order a 3.0i or a M40i? Also did you order the included wheels or another option?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 08:36 PM   #75
duegatti
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Boxster S; '22 X3 m40i

Sorry; I should have included that. It's an m40i. It's got the optional 20" 699M wheels.

It appears that, as of today, I am scheduled for a 10/18/2021 Performance Center Delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 06:17 AM   #76
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Ordered an x3 30e M Sport hybrid this week, here in the UK. Initial build slot is week 44 - which is November??? Wasn't expecting that…

With M Sport Pro and Comfort Plus packs, in Tanzanite.

As it's the hybrid, apparently built in the US.
Appreciate 2
mathys202.50
strike4A513.00
      09-16-2021, 08:25 AM   #77
CyGuy8118
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i 2009

Ordered the X3 M40i on 8/28 for a week 40 build allocation. Status went from order received to scheduled for production last week, now I'm back to order received just this morning.

I emailed BMW Genius and they're not providing any further details beyond the Week 40 estimate. Hopefully doesn't mean that I'm being pushed back.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 08:31 AM   #78
Jsoto250
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i M-Sport, 2021 X5 M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-335xi View Post
Online the order has shown as “Order Received” and has shown that status for 3 weeks now. I called the genius line and they are the ones that said production is now scheduled to start Nov. 1. I asked if there were delays on any specific options that I could change with my dealer and they said that they could not tell me any specifics, just that it is now scheduled for Nov. 1. I called the dealership today, but have not heard anything back yet.
My dealer told me the Carbon fiber trim is delaying production.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 11:13 AM   #79
B-Meister
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Meister View Post
Looking at the calendar and counting out the weeks, I think you're correct. So I called the genius line again just a few minutes ago and they told me mine is scheduled to complete production during the final week of September. I don't know if that's week 40 or 39 and at this point just hope they're correct.
Just an update based on the Track My BMW website that is working again. It appears maybe the genius line was correct as the Tracker site now shows my X3 M40i with a "Production Begins" status.
Appreciate 1
mathys202.50
      09-20-2021, 05:17 PM   #80
jones99
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 2024 X1 M35i

Garage List
Quote:
Just an update based on the Track My BMW website that is working again. It appears maybe the genius line was correct as the Tracker site now shows my X3 M40i with a "Production Begins" status.
My X3 M40i also switched today to "Production Begins" - which is earlier than I was last told by the dealership. Originally, my car was supposed to start production last week, but got moved to the first week in October. But it started today. Who knows why.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 06:57 PM   #81
08-335xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08-335xi sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones99 View Post
Quote:
My X3 M40i also switched today to "Production Begins" - which is earlier than I was last told by the dealership. Originally, my car was supposed to start production last week, but got moved to the first week in October. But it started today. Who knows why.
Did you happen to have carbon fiber trim and/or the base A/S 19" wheels? Seems these are the two items that come up as delaying production by dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 07:09 PM   #82
B-Meister
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you happen to have carbon fiber trim and/or the base A/S 19" wheels? Seems these are the two items that come up as delaying production by dealerships.
I have carbon fiber trim and the 699 20" black wheels.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 09:19 PM   #83
JAG1991
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i; 2014 435i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure the carbon fiber option is delaying production. I say this because I placed an order on September 17th for an X3 M40i, that includes carbon fiber trim. I'm using an allocation the dealer already had in the works. Today MyBMW Garage showed the status as "production begins" and when I called BMW for a build week, since the dealer hadn't given me that on Friday, I was told the completion estimate is October 5th.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 01:47 AM   #84
mattinfll
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: X1, 428i GC, 128i Conv

Garage List
2022 X4 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG1991 View Post
I'm not sure the carbon fiber option is delaying production. I say this because I placed an order on September 17th for an X3 M40i, that includes carbon fiber trim. I'm using an allocation the dealer already had in the works. Today MyBMW Garage showed the status as "production begins" and when I called BMW for a build week, since the dealer hadn't given me that on Friday, I was told the completion estimate is October 5th.
I've now read in some posts that carbon fiber is delaying cars, and in others that dark grey aluminum is delaying production (but not carbon fiber). So who knows.

I made my decision on 9/7, and my dealer got me into an existing slot and modified it for my order, and it went into "production begins" on 9/10. It has stayed there, but my dealer says I am still slated for estimated completion on 9/27. At the time he gave me the good news on the production, I was status 112, with "Conf. Prod" of week 39, and a VIN. We shall see. If can get delivery before end of October, I am good.

(X4 M40i, Brooklyn Grey, Red Vernasca, Shadowline, dk grey trim, 20" 699s, red calipers, Premium (just heated front seats), Parking Assistance, Remote Start, Drive Recorder - no HK, no Driver Prof Pkg).

Last edited by mattinfll; 09-21-2021 at 02:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
JAG199110.50
      09-21-2021, 08:43 AM   #85
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

Latest on our order: ordered 26th July, estimated production set for week commencing 1st November, delivery week commencing 20th December (was originally 15th November).

Spec: M40i, Tanzanite, Tech Plus/Visibility packs, carbon fibre trim, M Sport seats, sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 09:41 AM   #86
Jsoto250
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 540i M-Sport, 2021 X5 M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG1991 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe because the order the dealer placed was a while ago. I placed mine on Labor Day and the dealer told me there was a delay of a week or 2 if I went with carbon.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 12:07 PM   #87
Pete17
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0i M Sport

Spoke with dealer today about my order still waiting for a production slot, they said BMW is taking away the dealers own builds and prioritise customer orders from October here in the UK. So still hoping for a December delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 12:18 PM   #88
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete17 View Post
Spoke with dealer today about my order still waiting for a production slot, they said BMW is taking away the dealers own builds and prioritise customer orders from October here in the UK. So still hoping for a December delivery.
I was told way back in June that they were already doing this at that time.
Appreciate 0