BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-22-2022, 02:07 PM   #1
GAizzie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

BMW X3 (F25 2015) p0036 p0038

Hi,

I was just wondering if you can have an idea with the faults that I have the last few months with my car (Xdrive20d - 2.0 /190PS)and it seems that there is no local garage which can find what is the real issue.

The last few months, I have P0036, P0038 fault and the car does not behave well especially when in 1000rpms or when I smoothly hit the gas pedal , the car starts to surge (power surges). I have checked this fault online and it seems that it is the oxygen sensor 2 which is post catalyst. However, the mechanics are telling me that this car has only one sensor - there is no other sensor after catalyst. Is this possible?

So far, they have checked all the wiring, fuses, catalytic filter and everything seems fine and they have also replaced the O2 sensor and the MAF sensor. Although this may seem cheap …I am located in Switzerland and I have spend more than 2K only for diagnosis and all the replacements and the car still is not behaving well.

Do you have any idea of what I can do more?because at the moment it seems that the mechanics are suggesting to replace the ECU as next step….
Appreciate 0