BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
bikemanx3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

2013 F25 Left mirror "popped" up and hanging by wires

Driving down the road at about 45mph yesterday when out of the corner of my eye I thought something had hit the left mirror. Body hung there and until I could get off the road couldn't look at exterior.

When I got a chance it didn't look like anything hit it and noticed what looks like a metal break (red arrow) in the interior btw the mirror body and holder. Can't find any items in forum on repairing this.

I believe the mirror is part of the ZPP 410 Auto-Dimming interior and exterior mirrors package as the F25 XP has the M sport cladding packing.

So is there anyway to repair this as seems to be much more than the stuck pin issue I keep seeing in forums? How do I determine part / assembly # I need to order and where to get that without paying a fortune as probably replacing this vehicle within a year?
Attached Images

Last edited by bikemanx3; 08-08-2020 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: new text & pics
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 05:56 PM   #2
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
I saw a guy on BMW X3 F25 (2nd Gen) OWNERS CLUB facebook making the metal part that broke in his machine shop. He's overseas somewhere. I think his name is marcin. If you don't need it right away, you might be worth checking if he can make and ship you one.
Appreciate 0