BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-13-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
VinX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3

PDC Issue

Before I start, I have a AW 2015 X3 with M sport package.

The rear bumper of the X3 was hit, dented part of the bumper and the parking sensor fell inside, held up by the harness. Right after that, every time I put the car in Reverse, a message popped up stating there's an issue with Parking Assist, and I need to contact the Service Center. I clicked OK, and the camera would turn on.

Yesterday, I tried to test by turning off the car, turning on Parking Assist and press my ear against each sensor to listen to the clicking sound. Every sensor produced clicking sound, which means they're functional. What I gather so far is that most likely the sensor that fell off was damaged. I couldn't hear it because it was inside the bumper.

Now, if I buy a new sensor, do I just plug it in, and PDC will return to work normally, or is there any programming involved after that? Also, the price of the parking sensor is about $147 online unpainted. That's very steep IMO so I wonder if there are other cheaper solutions for this.

If you guys have a better and cheaper solution or the cheapest place to get the sensor, feel free to let me know.
Appreciate 0