BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-13-2020, 07:39 PM   #45
Daninavan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Any initial impressions from people who have BM3 in their X3/X4M? Did you feel/measure the performance increase as advertised? Does it run smoothly? Any other problems?
+1 significant gains feels very fast to me. Comfort mode chill driving feels the same. No issues arisen.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 06:44 AM   #46
jump2man3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Koturbo, thanks for the feedback! Is it Stage 1 or did you do the downpipes? Any problems so far, check lights etc?
Crazy diff homie we’ll worth it. Any engine lights are suppressed in event one shows u could always plug in for reset
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 11:20 AM   #47
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump2man3 View Post
Crazy diff homie we’ll worth it. Any engine lights are suppressed in event one shows u could always plug in for reset
Thanks bro, sounds awesome. Gonna put it.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 12:27 PM   #48
two1bar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Any initial impressions from people who have BM3 in their X3/X4M? Did you feel/measure the performance increase as advertised? Does it run smoothly? Any other problems?
Significant overall improvement in just about every engine performance based aspect. I've had it on my X3MC for almost 2,000 miles and so far it's been great.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 12:52 PM   #49
Richierich32
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d in White

Sorry to be a noob here but how do you get bootmod3 on the car? What kit do you need?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 12:57 PM   #50
Richierich32
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic335 View Post
I'm running Stage 1 93 octane and it's a beast. It is a completely different vehicle on this tune. Everything from part throttle tip in to WOT is a significant improvement.
Got to wonder what sort of figures UK cars will see on 98RON Vpower and the like!!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:11 PM   #51
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richierich32 View Post
Sorry to be a noob here but how do you get bootmod3 on the car? What kit do you need?
We will email you the activation code and send you the Enet cable.

You will use the activation code to download the map, then load it to the car using the Enet cable. Process takes minutes.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:31 PM   #52
Richierich32
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Wow, that simple!

The maps custom built my a company or bimmer enthusiasts?

I am just about to pull the trigger on a approved used with 2k (demo car) and to me there are 2 sticking point with the car.

1st - being the ride, for which I'm hoping a software hack is incoming from the likes of Dinan (please don't burn me here as it's a point the devides opinions!)

2nd - Gap in torque below 3000rpm compared to B58 unit - For me, coming from x3 40d and previously 435d this would be a driving culture shock so would be keen to address this rather than adding to the top end
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 02:06 PM   #53
crst4s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richierich32 View Post
Got to wonder what sort of figures UK cars will see on 98RON Vpower and the like!!
UK/EU 98RON is roughly equivalent to US 93AKI. Different measuring systems.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7835.00
      02-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #54
two1bar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

BM3 Stage 1 93 octane. I have no complaints. 🍻
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      02-16-2020, 01:41 PM   #55
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3

I've had stage 1 93 octane map for a week now, haven't had much opportunity to open it up but what an improvement. Any perceived 'lag' is gone now and car runs smooth.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7835.00
      02-16-2020, 10:33 PM   #56
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

This seems like the perfect tune. A few questions and my apologies if they are redundant.

If the tune is loaded and the driver leaves the car in all comfort mode would they notice the tune was installed? (Wife's daily driver and the car is plenty fast and loud in all comfort for her).

Of you select a tune that is say Stage 1 93 but the last fill up was 91, what would happen?

If BM3 is installed and the car needs service. If you change it back to default would the dealer know the tune had been on the car?

Is it easy just to leave it in OEM mode and then change it to a tune on the days you want the extra power?

What am I missing? Why would anyone not want this tune on their X3M? It seems like a no brainer? What is the risk or the negatives?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2020, 11:18 PM   #57
redcrxsi
Private
Rep
Drives: F97 x3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
This seems like the perfect tune. A few questions and my apologies if they are redundant.

If the tune is loaded and the driver leaves the car in all comfort mode would they notice the tune was installed? (Wife's daily driver and the car is plenty fast and loud in all comfort for her).

Of you select a tune that is say Stage 1 93 but the last fill up was 91, what would happen?

If BM3 is installed and the car needs service. If you change it back to default would the dealer know the tune had been on the car?

Is it easy just to leave it in OEM mode and then change it to a tune on the days you want the extra power?

What am I missing? Why would anyone not want this tune on their X3M? It seems like a no brainer? What is the risk or the negatives?

Thanks
Once the tune is loaded it’s loaded, has nothing to do with driver modes. You can change with the App or PC if you want to revert to stock.

On octane - do not load a map that’s doesn’t match the gas you use. It’s will probably be fine considering safety mechanisms built in to the motor but why mess with it. Kinda like putting 87 in the car stock. You don’t do it even though it would probably be fine.

Don’t think your missing anything except the part about your installing a tune that isn’t blessed by bmw. Unlikely anything bad would happen but if it did AND bmw found traces of the tune then warranty for any damage is out the window. Not saying it will happen but your likelihood does technically increase. Said another way if a big bill from the service center will be the different of keeping or loosing your house then, we’ll you bought the wrong car anyway 😁
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2020, 11:46 PM   #58
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcrxsi View Post
Quote:

Thanks
Once the tune is loaded it’s loaded, has nothing to do with driver modes. You can change with the App or PC if you want to revert to stock.

On octane - do not load a map that’s doesn’t match the gas you use. It’s will probably be fine considering safety mechanisms built in to the motor but why mess with it. Kinda like putting 87 in the car stock. You don’t do it even though it would probably be fine.

Don’t think your missing anything except the part about your installing a tune that isn’t blessed by bmw. Unlikely anything bad would happen but if it did AND bmw found traces of the tune then warranty for any damage is out the window. Not saying it will happen but your likelihood does technically increase. Said another way if a big bill from the service center will be the different of keeping or loosing your house then, we’ll you bought the wrong car anyway 😁
So the tune is there no matter what? Do the drive modes still change throttle response, suspension, steering and exhaust like normal? My wife likes al that when I am driving because she like to see me smile. When she is just driving to work and back she will be 99% in all comfort.

I realize there are some risks and no if something really bad happened we would still make it. Just wondering how traceable it is.

Thanks for the info, I think I am ready to do this and at 600 miles on the OD I still have not opened this beast up fully. I can say so far with certainty that I like this car more than I did the X5M and I never thought I would say that.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 07:12 AM   #59
Craig 1527
Craig
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x3m comp

can you just remove tune for service and retune after ?
and is the tune traceable ?

no idea about BM3 sorry if I sound clueless I am
f31 335i mineral grey/coral gone but will be missed.
gone 2014 range rover sport dynamic.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 09:44 AM   #60
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Any concern in a lease? Like when I turn the car in I would flash it back to default. Would the dealer be able to tell and deny the lease return?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #61
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Any concern in a lease? Like when I turn the car in I would flash it back to default. Would the dealer be able to tell and deny the lease return?
Regarding service, you should be able to find "tuner-friendly" shops that will service your BMW without asking any questions. Those shops may even help you install all the mods.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #62
Craig 1527
Craig
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x3m comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Yes, remove before servicing then re-flash when you get the car home.

A normal dealer can't see too much, but if they look and use BMW Corporate to interrogate the ECU i.e. for a major warranty claim they will see that the car has exceeded the standard torque figure. Apparently something to do with the FASTA data.
Cheers Moff did you put BM3 on yours ?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #63
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Quote:
Regarding service, you should be able to find "tuner-friendly" shops that will service your BMW without asking any questions. Those shops may even help you install all the mods.
+1

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #64
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

So I loaded the stage 1 BM3 and the car feels beastly. Here is my problem. My brakes can’t hold the wheels while the car is boosting during the launch control execution. They were holding before the tune. Does anybody else have this problem? Should I put new pads? Any other way to upgrade the brakes? Thanks for help!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #65
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
So I loaded the stage 1 BM3 and the car feels beastly. Here is my problem. My brakes can’t hold the wheels while the car is boosting during the launch control execution. They were holding before the tune. Does anybody else have this problem? Should I put new pads? Any other way to upgrade the brakes? Thanks for help!
I didn't have that problem after my custom remap. What gas are you using? That's impressive your brakes won't hold anymore.

Last edited by MrItaly; 03-01-2020 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7835.00
      03-01-2020, 07:38 PM   #66
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
I didn't have that problem after my custom remap. What gas are you using. That's impressive your brakes won't hold anymore.
Just normal 93 pump gas.
Appreciate 0