BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-27-2018, 05:13 AM   #1
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
The G01 like all bmws since the E46 maybe earlier will flash the brake lights if there is hard deceleration. However, hard deceleration often means ABS being activated. So this function will almost never be activated in real life.

Research shows that activating the flashing brake lights earlier reduces the incident of being rear ended.

I changed a couple of parameters in BDC with esys so that now it activates at any speed over 5km/h AND the deceleration is equal to or higher than 0.7G. The original values were werte 32 = 50 km/h and werte 0E for the 2nd line = 14 in dec = 1.4G deceleration.

0.7G is a firm to hard press of the brake pedal.

You can adjust to your liking. The attached picture shows 1 is the speed above which it activates and 2 is the deceleration in G.

I have mine at 5km. 05 hex = 5 dec = 5km/h
07 hex = 7 dec = 0.7G

So if you want higher or lower just convert the number you want into Hex and put that into the werte.

I did this already to my F30 and has saved my ass a number of times.

The code is in BDC, 3075, and as below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-27-2018, 05:47 AM   #2
RichM50d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘22 8 Series Gran Coupe

Is it possible to do this with the Bimmercode app?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #3
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
I've never used bimmercode but if you can change werte values with it then I don't see why not.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #4
thestuarts
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

If you want to avoid coding, you might be able to install an inexpensive part that flashes the brake light.

For example:
https://www.amazon.com/Vehicle-Flash.../dp/B00FADDOL4

Installation videos:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...se+brake+light

However, I don't know how that product would work in conjunction with the BMW's brake pulsing feature under hard deceleration.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 06:00 PM   #5
x3_M_SA
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 G01 20D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
The G01 like all bmws since the E46 maybe earlier will flash the brake lights if there is hard deceleration. However, hard deceleration often means ABS being activated. So this function will almost never be activated in real life.

Research shows that activating the flashing brake lights earlier reduces the incident of being rear ended.

I changed a couple of parameters in BDC with esys so that now it activates at any speed over 5km/h AND the deceleration is equal to or higher than 0.7G. The original values were werte 32 = 50 km/h and werte 0E for the 2nd line = 14 in dec = 1.4G deceleration.

0.7G is a firm to hard press of the brake pedal.

You can adjust to your liking. The attached picture shows 1 is the speed above which it activates and 2 is the deceleration in G.

I have mine at 5km. 05 hex = 5 dec = 5km/h
07 hex = 7 dec = 0.7G

So if you want higher or lower just convert the number you want into Hex and put that into the werte.

I did this already to my F30 and has saved my ass a number of times.

The code is in BDC, 3075, and as below.
Hi x5mad, I have a 2018 G01 that I have retrofitted Adaptive LED Headlights with and since VO Coding 552 the rear tailights with non led have stopped working. Can you please tell me how to find BDC, 3075 on esys? I would like to see what values have changed by VO coding 552. Also what is the latest PsDz file you are using? If you have any ideas on how to overcome this I would really appreciate the guidance. I'm a novice to ESys. Have you come across any cheat code for the G01 yet? Many thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 08:58 PM   #6
gugin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

My car has 552 from the factory. The attachment shows the settings that change when I remove 552 from my car. Scrutinize settings like BL_* (brake lights), FRA_H_* (rear indicator lights), NSL_* (rear fog lights), and RFS_* (reverse lights). If your rear indicator lights have separate bulbs from the rear lights and brake lights, you may also need to disable LIC_FEATURE_14.

What I just wrote is my first impression based on my review of the settings. I am not saying that I identified all the settings that pertain to the rear light assemblies.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Delete adaptive LED lights (552).zip (43.8 KB, 426 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 02:28 AM   #7
comber
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2021 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM50d View Post
Yep. It's available in standard mode, you can choose speed activation, G force and number of flashes per second.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 09:41 PM   #8
gugin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by comber View Post
Yep. It's available in standard mode, you can choose speed activation, G force and number of flashes per second.
I am aware of the speed and deceleration at which the emergency stop signal (ESS) is activated, but are you sure that the flashing frequency can be coded using BimmerCode? It's not listed under Brake Force Display on the BimmerCode website, https://bimmercode.app/cars/g01/. Is it listed under a different heading?

I am trying to figure out how to code the brake lights to flash on a US model (it's standard on non-US models). If BimmerCode already has the feature, I don't want to be reinventing the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 04:30 AM   #9
x3_M_SA
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 G01 20D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
My car has 552 from the factory. The attachment shows the settings that change when I remove 552 from my car. Scrutinize settings like BL_* (brake lights), FRA_H_* (rear indicator lights), NSL_* (rear fog lights), and RFS_* (reverse lights). If your rear indicator lights have separate bulbs from the rear lights and brake lights, you may also need to disable LIC_FEATURE_14.

What I just wrote is my first impression based on my review of the settings. I am not saying that I identified all the settings that pertain to the rear light assemblies.
Thanks Gugin, I'm currently using your info to work through this issue. Really appreciate your time to send this to me!! Will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0