BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #23
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
OT - but does anyone know or has been able to order a trim of their choice without ordering the premium pkg? Maybe there's a code the dealer can use? Just thinking outloud here.
It's worth a try. Only way to find out is to ask your SA. If he/she is any good you may be in luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #24
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymk5 View Post
If you buy 28i, silver matte trim is the default one, you will not be able to change to wood trim, is what I was told by my dealer.
Like you've said, silver matte trim is the default trim for a 28i and there's a total of 4 trims for that model. In order to get wood or brushed aluminum you'd have to add the premium package which includes leather and some other goodies.

Without the choice of silver matte trim the 35i has 3 trim options that are standard on the car and does not need the premium package added.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #25
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

FWIW, the silver matte trim is pretty cheap feeling. Even the 328 and 128 come with all the trim options. Not sure why BMW is cheaping out on this one. If I had decided to get the 28 instead of my 35, I would have had to get the premium package. Lame.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #26
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OT - but does anyone know or has been able to order a trim of their choice without ordering the premium pkg? Maybe there's a code the dealer can use? Just thinking outloud here.
Yeah try asking your dealer as sometimes they'll be able to add individual options. Regardless if you can add it through the dealer or not, I'm sure you can still buy the parts yourself and either DIY or pay for the labor. There's even a $375 option not listed in the ordering list that includes chrome inserts that surround areas with wood trim.

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDet...g&utm_content=
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

[QUOTE=Beyu;9112962]
Quote:
Yeah try asking your dealer as sometimes they'll be able to add individual options. Regardless if you can add it through the dealer or not, I'm sure you can still buy the parts yourself and either DIY or pay for the labor. There's even a $375 option not listed in the ordering list that includes chrome inserts that surround areas with wood trim.

[URL="http://www.shopbmwusa.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CategoryType=Accessories
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #28
flash3
Captain
Rep

Not sure what happened to my post, maybe it's my phone.

But I'm OCD in that i wouldn't want anyone to touch the car with it being brand new.

Since I'm paying $1450 for leather seats, the Prem Pkg is only $3450 and the net is $2000 since I backed out the cost of the leather seat.

I'm trying to justify an add'l $2k for the pkg but i really don't want the moon roof. So I'm going to see if I can delete that and save some $.

This site is dangerously expensive lol
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #29
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

But I'm OCD in that i wouldn't want anyone to touch the car with it being brand new.

Since I'm paying $1450 for leather seats, the Prem Pkg is only $3450 and the net is $2000 since I backed out the cost of the leather seat.

I'm trying to justify an add'l $2k for the pkg but i really don't want the moon roof. So I'm going to see if I can delete that and save some $.

That it is man.

I had the same dilemma when trying to decide on sport package or not in the 35i since you can't add paddle shifters as an individual option like in so many other BMWs and it's omitted altogether from the 28i when they're practically the same car.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #30
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
It's a bug in the iPhone app when you have an ampersand in your text it just terminates and you lose everything you've written afterwards. If anyone's listening who can, please fix

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #31
flash3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Quote:
It's a bug in the iPhone app when you have an ampersand in your text it just terminates and you lose everything you've written afterwards. If anyone's listening who can, please fix
No wonder!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #32
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:

I initially thought of not having the panoramic moon roof, but as soon as I saw one with it, I am really impressed with the following
A) amount of light that it brings into the cabin, also
B) I wanted the auto dimming interior, exterior and rearview mirrors, plus
C) the leather
the cost of the package is cheaper than the cost of the 3 individual items I mentioned. In addition package comes with lumbar support, univ garage door opener, interior light pack, storage pack which I consider not must but good to have. So weighing the plus and minus, I decided to go with it. Also when I consider selling/ tradein my car after 4 or 5 years, my car will have more value than the same car without all the extra perks.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #33
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

In the uk we get the satin silver as standard but can upgrade to aluminium or the wood trims as stand alone options

Might be worth trying the UK order codes for the trims (below)

Satin Silver = 4CG
Brushed Aluminium = 4AD
Fineline Sienna Wood = 4DE
Fineline Wave Wood = 4CH

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps

Last edited by BIMMER UK 76; 03-13-2011 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #34
flash3
Captain
Rep

So I went to another dealer today and actually saw the silver matte trim (as I am not a fan of the wood trim, and wanted the brushed aluminum), I am gonna settle on that.

I was debating the Prek Pkg only because of the trim, because the Sunroof is not important to me, and I won't use it much at all, plus the other little things here and there aren't vital either.

Now, I just have to decide on an exterior color and I'll be set. I am settled on Black Nevada Leather inside and debating Alpine White, Sapphire Black and Silver for my exterior.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #35
wagsoja
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
yeah i am going w/o the prem pkg and was hoping there was a brushed aluminum option but there isn't.

When are you getting your X3 an what are the full specs?
My specs aren't nearly close to the specs everyone has on here. This is my first BMW, and I am upgrading from a Chevy Equinox, so even the base model is a HUGE step up. I had always wanted the wood trim, but when it came down to paying for the premium package (we don't mind the leatherette) it just didn't seem worth it to pay for the wood trim (the wheel upgrade would have been nice too). The moonroof seemed a necessary option for us to open up the interior space a bit since it will be all black.

My full specs are:

X3 28i
jet black exterior/ black leatherette interior
heated front seats/steering wheel
panoramic moonroof

We feel lucky since our BMW is already in production (1 week after order) and is projected to be finished in 1 week as well.
Appreciate 0