BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-26-2023, 12:46 PM   #1
pgiulekas
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3

2020 X3 rattle when accelerating

This vehicle only has 20K miles on it and runs flawlessly. I have been to the 2 different dealerships and they cannot seem to find the problem. The first thought it was the turbo and replaced it and the related components. Still makes an annoying rattle when accelerating. I checked the exhaust baffle clip and it does not seem to be loose or malfunctioning. The waste gate part is not loose either and was replaced when the replaced the turbo. I took it to another dealership and they could not find any noise but did check all the xdrive components and bearings and said everything appears normal. The noise is subtle and can only be heard with windows down, radio off, and is more pronounced when next to a wall or something tall like a bus. I hear the noise every time I drive. What they need is a dyno or a lift which engages the wheel to simulate driving as the noise is not made while in park it has to be driving.

It could be a transmission noise or perhaps something with the engine valve train. There are no codes or lights on. The noise continues. I am due back to the first dealership next week. I find these technicians are not be good in situations like this. As i take them for a ride they hear it, then when I get the car back they say nothing is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 01:41 AM   #2
BMWBataviaan
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Wrong part of the forum!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 03:50 AM   #3
Supa Koopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Sorry I can't be of any help, I don't hear any rattles when I accelerate. To be honest I don't hear anything at all.
Appreciate 0