BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-31-2023, 09:57 AM   #1
Kestral
Rep
Drives: Merces Benz GLB

iX3 Impressive 2021... yes or no and few questions

Hi all,

I am thinking to buy as a second car (first one will be an iX 50 arriving in few months), a second-hand iX3 Impressive, 10/21, 7k km. Same price of a second hand X3 30i, 08/22, 12k km (LCI) or of a new Tesla Model Y. What do you think?

However, it is not a very widespread car and it is difficult to find info online.

From all you owners I would like to know:

- would you buy it again? Why?
- main pros and cons
- is it updated to iDrive 8 / 8.5?
- does it have remote heating / cooling through the app (I understand so from some posts)?
- does it have digital key (plus)?

Many thanks!

Last edited by Kestral; 08-31-2023 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 03:42 AM   #2
Controlix
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

G01 good buy

I just bought a Premium Selection iX3 with 7000km on the clock and I love it.
It drives superbly, it has lots of driving assistant functions and the mileage is ok for me (+400km).
It does have remote heating/cooling and also digital key.
I still have to get acquainted with the park assistant, but I played around with the ACC and it works very well.
I have not regretted buying it for a second.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 02:53 PM   #3
Kestral
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlix View Post
It drives superbly, it has lots of driving assistant functions and the mileage is ok for me (+400km).
I still have to get acquainted with the park assistant, but I played around with the ACC and it works very well.
That's great!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 06:07 PM   #4
Kestral
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlix View Post
Is it LCI version or pre-LCI?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 10:07 AM   #5
sierramike
Electrified
Rep
Drives: iX3 X5 E53 3.0d 520i E39 850Ci

Garage List
1995 BMW 850Ci  [9.00]
2003 BMW 520i  [8.00]
2005 BMW X5 3.0dA  [0.00]
Don't know if you're still waiting for an answer, but I bought mine second hand two weeks ago, this is a pre-LCI 2021/11, and I definitely love it! Tried several EVs from several brands, my girlfriend owns a Tesla Y, and I would not go to any other EV actually on market.

Drives smoothly, quietly, powerfully, absolutely beautiful design, exterior and interior. I'm a BMW owner for two decades, always bought used cars, this is my 7th BMW. Lastly had a X5 E53, I just find some drawbacks for tall people like me (193cm) :
- Seat belt position on B-pillar is a bit low and fixed. The seat belt doesn't go well on my shoulder, I was used to adjustable seat belts on 5 series and X5.
- Headrest goes a bit low, the bottom part of the headrest hurts my bone under my neck, so I can't pull it to have my head properly on it.

To answer your questions :
- yes it has remote climate control via the app (and via the diamond key on the physical keys)
- no it won't be updated to iDrive 8+
- yes it has digital key (didn't find how to unlock the car via NFC chip, I can still unlock it via the app, then put the phone on the charging pad and start the car ... Using Samsung S22 Ultra)
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 10:44 AM   #6
Kestral
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramike View Post
Don't know if you're still waiting for an answer, but I bought mine second hand two weeks ago, this is a pre-LCI 2021/11, and I definitely love it! Tried several EVs from several brands, my girlfriend owns a Tesla Y, and I would not go to any other EV actually on market.

Drives smoothly, quietly, powerfully, absolutely beautiful design, exterior and interior. I'm a BMW owner for two decades, always bought used cars, this is my 7th BMW. Lastly had a X5 E53, I just find some drawbacks for tall people like me (193cm) :
- Seat belt position on B-pillar is a bit low and fixed. The seat belt doesn't go well on my shoulder, I was used to adjustable seat belts on 5 series and X5.
- Headrest goes a bit low, the bottom part of the headrest hurts my bone under my neck, so I can't pull it to have my head properly on it.

To answer your questions :
- yes it has remote climate control via the app (and via the diamond key on the physical keys)
- no it won't be updated to iDrive 8+
- yes it has digital key (didn't find how to unlock the car via NFC chip, I can still unlock it via the app, then put the phone on the charging pad and start the car ... Using Samsung S22 Ultra)
Thanks, I can only say I confirm all your points! Picked mine one week ago for my girlfriend/partner. We are loving it. Now waiting for my iX 50 in few months :-)
Appreciate 0