BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-09-2023, 07:30 AM   #1
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Upgrade first editions?

I just got back from a pan-Europe road-trip with my first generation iX3 (Feb ‘21) and noted some improved charging behavior.
I could be wrong but where it used to take quite some time for the car to DC-charge at max capacity, it now was almost immediately after start. It used to take 2/3 minutes to reach max according the charge graph, now it reached max even before I got my coat and locked the car! I noted it first at a 175kW charger, but even at a 50kW charger it looked to ramp up faster than before.
First I thought it was Tesla (my pref DC-charger) but it also showed on Shell and EnBW chargers!

Is it me or did anybody else with a first generation iX3 noted the improved DC-charging behavior? With the introduction of the 2nd generation BMW made faster start of charging possible and told me the first generation would never be able. But it looks like they changed something in the last software upgrade. Or am I just imagining things?

I standard charge at home on 11kW and hardly use DC’s, that is why I noted this not earlier.
Appreciate 0