BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-06-2023, 07:03 AM   #1
silent ninja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Unlock all doors after 'engine' off

When I switch the car off and open my driver door, the other doors remain locked. How do I get them to open automatically?

I can see the setting for the fob to unlock all doors. That is different though.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 07:29 AM   #2
Bluefoz
Private
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Ltd Ed., iX3 Pro

Go to: CAR : Settings : Doors/vehicle access : and then select "unlock at the end of journey"

You might have to also have selected that all doors are unlocked (not just the driver's) which is under the same section in the menus from memory. I'm guessing when you unlock on the key fob only the driver's door unlocks and another press unlocks the others?

Alternatively you could always
Appreciate 1
CodeX63.00
      06-06-2023, 08:23 AM   #3
silent ninja
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Thanks

So tested this:

1) at the end of the journey, if I hit the power button and switch off the 'engine' all the doors open. Great!

2)at the end of the journey, if I open my door and step out, the 'engine' automatically switches off. Only driver door is unlocked.

I've played with the settings and there doesn't seem to be an option for unlocking doors in all scenarios when engine is off.

It's a first world problem. When I'm in a rush, I park, open driver door and try to get child 3 out from passenger door. The door won't open so I have to go back around to driver's side to unlock the doors or fumble around to find my keys.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2023, 09:51 AM   #4
brownejp
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 MSport Pro Carbon Black

If you have comfort access you can go into the settings and turn on where the door will unlock if you grab the handle when the key is in the pocket.
I have the unlock the car when you approach option turned off on my comfort settings.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 10:14 AM   #5
sierramike
Electrified
Rep
Drives: iX3 X5 E53 3.0d 520i E39 850Ci

Garage List
1995 BMW 850Ci  [9.00]
2003 BMW 520i  [8.00]
2005 BMW X5 3.0dA  [0.00]
I went the same way : unlock all doors at the end of journey, but yes it's a pitty BMW didn't implement the option of unlocking the whole car when grabbing the driver's door handle.

What frequently happens to me is I park, open my door and jump out. My girlfriend does the same on passenger side. Then she want's to open rear door from outside to ger her coat/bag/whatever, and complains the door is locked. Even if I am near the vehicle with the key in my pocket, and comfort access, she won't be able to unlock. I have to put my fingers on my side handle to unlock whole car, so she can open her door.

So now I have to mentaly always think of hit "start/stop" button to unlock the whole car when she's aboard ... Dumb ...
Appreciate 0