BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-14-2023, 06:36 AM   #1
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Mini SE EV, iX3 M Sport Pro

iX3 has disappeared from Ohme app log in.

We tried to log the car into the Ohme API last night to charge on IO but the iX3 was not on the list!
It looks like there have been some updates to the car list.
If you connect without your account there are dozens of BMWs and the iX3 is there at the end of the list.
We had to connect without logging in to get the 6 hours off peak but no smart charging.
Emailed Ohme and they say they are aware of a BMW API problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2023, 02:22 AM   #2
Bluefoz
Private
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Ltd Ed., iX3 Pro

There’s been a lot of disruption over the last few weeks with Ohme API / Intelligent Octopus. Yesterday the car was connected / recognised, although this morning the little “connection circle” on the Ohme page that has the picture of the car (hopefully that makes sense!) refers to it being “unknown.” There’s obviously something going on.

As an aside, there’s a really good Facebook group dedicated to Ohme / IO called “Ohme EVSE integration with Intelligent Octopus tariff group.” The pinned post gives clear and really good advice about setting it up properly. Apologies if I’m telling you something you already know!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 03:26 AM   #3
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoz View Post
There’s been a lot of disruption over the last few weeks with Ohme API / Intelligent Octopus. Yesterday the car was connected / recognised, although this morning the little “connection circle” on the Ohme page that has the picture of the car (hopefully that makes sense!) refers to it being “unknown.” There’s obviously something going on.

As an aside, there’s a really good Facebook group dedicated to Ohme / IO called “Ohme EVSE integration with Intelligent Octopus tariff group.” The pinned post gives clear and really good advice about setting it up properly. Apologies if I’m telling you something you already know!
Thanks for that I'll have a look. Been trying to log in for the last few days but the iX3 is still not there to select!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2023, 05:25 PM   #4
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

We had an update from Ohme tonight.
It would appear that BMW have made some changes to the API which is causing some problems with car selection in the app.
They are investigating the issue and trying to find out what is going on.
Has nobody else had any issues with this?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2023, 04:08 AM   #5
hollpe
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport

I'm having the same issue as well. On the plus side, it always assumes the car is on 0% and my charging slot (and cheap home electric) is often much earlier than the 1130pm - 530am slot!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2023, 07:52 AM   #6
Bluefoz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGirl View Post
We had an update from Ohme tonight.
It would appear that BMW have made some changes to the API which is causing some problems with car selection in the app.
They are investigating the issue and trying to find out what is going on.
Has nobody else had any issues with this?
Coincidentally, I had to charge another vehicle using my charger yesterday so used the "switch car" option - a bit fearful of what would happen when I switched it back. All worked well - in fact now I've effectively disconnected and re-connected, there was a new set of BMW car options (including the iX3 that had apparently disappeared) and now the car is recognised again.

I have read that by switching the car to another random car and then re-selecting to your correct one, does (sometimes) kick things back into life..... that said I've tried before and it hasn't

There's clearly issues with the BMW API, although fortunately it hasn't affected my charging.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2023, 11:12 AM   #7
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoz View Post
Coincidentally, I had to charge another vehicle using my charger yesterday so used the "switch car" option - a bit fearful of what would happen when I switched it back. All worked well - in fact now I've effectively disconnected and re-connected, there was a new set of BMW car options (including the iX3 that had apparently disappeared) and now the car is recognised again.

I have read that by switching the car to another random car and then re-selecting to your correct one, does (sometimes) kick things back into life..... that said I've tried before and it hasn't

There's clearly issues with the BMW API, although fortunately it hasn't affected my charging.
Yes we can switch to our Mini and it all works as it should. However if we then switch back to the iX3 it doesn't come up as an option to connect to. We've tried loads of times but no joy. It will let me connect as an i4 and then reads the correct charge % and range same as the iX3 app but the battery is bigger on the i4!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 04:27 PM   #8
EVGirl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Just been away for week. We arrived home today and logged into the Ohme app tonight with success!
The iX3 M Sport is now back on the list and set up to smart charge tonight.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2023, 11:24 AM   #9
Bluefoz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVGirl View Post
Just been away for week. We arrived home today and logged into the Ohme app tonight with success!
The iX3 M Sport is now back on the list and set up to smart charge tonight.
Good to hear - it’s still not 100% reliable though, we still see reasonably regular instances of the app not recognising or being able to communicate with the car. Although it does seem to automatically reconnect again after a while.
Appreciate 0