BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-28-2024, 05:06 PM   #23
Captain22
Registered
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i & '17 328d Wagon

@Supa-Clean

I have a '23 X3 M40i and I don't get any cracks or pops with the stock exhaust. I have waited until the engine was warm and put it in Sport Plus and gotten the revs high in second and third and let off... nothing. Was this similar to your experience before you deleted the resonator? Do you have audio clips revving your car with the exhaust valves both open and closed after the resonator delete?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 03:15 PM   #24
Mariokhng
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain22 View Post
@Supa-Clean

I have a '23 X3 M40i and I don't get any cracks or pops with the stock exhaust. I have waited until the engine was warm and put it in Sport Plus and gotten the revs high in second and third and let off... nothing. Was this similar to your experience before you deleted the resonator? Do you have audio clips revving your car with the exhaust valves both open and closed after the resonator delete?
Hey! I think I can answer this question. I’ve scoured the forums about the x3 m40 for a while now. From what I understand, BMW has tuned the pops and crackles out of the LCI models with the hybrid system now. Prior to my active autowerke downpipe, resonator delete, and muffler delete (essentially straight piped), the car would have overrun burbles at high rpm with load while letting off. Otherwise, at a standstill, it doesn’t have much pop or burble.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 12:34 PM   #25
Pchoi902
Back at it again
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40I

How long did it take for your order to come in ?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 08:00 AM   #26
speedsnice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchoi902 View Post
How long did it take for your order to come in ?
I have one for sale in New York that I removed from my 2023 M40i if you are interested.
      04-22-2024, 08:25 AM   #27
Leem40i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariokhng View Post
I’m assuming you’re talking about the warranty being voided? Pretty sure the Magnuson-Moss law has been spoken about numerous times on so many different forums, that you’d think it’s common knowledge by now lol.😝
Are you offering to pay his legal fee's. The issue here is manufacturers know that the customer is not going to pay thousands of dollars for an attorney to represent them on a Magnuson case that they may not even win. I always love it when someone starts talking about Magnuson-Moss without the knowledge of what that means.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 11:17 AM   #28
HotGandalf
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3

Yall are a bunch of weenies. The Magnuson Moss warranty act protects the consumer, not the dealership. "it's illegal for a dealer to deny your warranty coverage simply because you had routine maintenance or repairs performed by someone else, or installed aftermarket parts deemed acceptable by your state's particular legislation." If your car, under warranty, suddenly blows up the engine it is the responsibility of BMW to prove that your aftermarket part was the main culprit. Have fun proving a resonator delete ruined an engine. The Magnuson Moss act isn't a get out jail free card, but it is in place to protect the CONSUMER not the dealers or manufacturers. I don't know why the magnuson moss act is brought up in every single forum thread on cars from here under the sun but at this point it seemingly continues just to put fear in to people.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 12:55 PM   #29
Leem40i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotGandalf View Post
Yall are a bunch of weenies. The Magnuson Moss warranty act protects the consumer, not the dealership. "it's illegal for a dealer to deny your warranty coverage simply because you had routine maintenance or repairs performed by someone else, or installed aftermarket parts deemed acceptable by your state's particular legislation." If your car, under warranty, suddenly blows up the engine it is the responsibility of BMW to prove that your aftermarket part was the main culprit. Have fun proving a resonator delete ruined an engine. The Magnuson Moss act isn't a get out jail free card, but it is in place to protect the CONSUMER not the dealers or manufacturers. I don't know why the magnuson moss act is brought up in every single forum thread on cars from here under the sun but at this point it seemingly continues just to put fear in to people.
And you have a very naive viewpoint of how the legal system works. Where do you think the battle on weather a dealerships claim of warranty denial is Valor or not will happen? It's going to happen in a courtroom. Please share with us the details on the last case you've experienced in court on a dealership warranty issue. A manufacturer can easily claim any item that affects the performance of the engine with the cause of a catastrophic failure. They will have all the data and information to show that your intake was the final straw that through readings off in the ECU causing the engine to fail. Now the fact that you know that's bullshit has no bearing because your opinion is not what's going to sway them. The action of an attorney is. That attorney will cost you thousands of dollars at best and that's if it doesn't go to court. Are you prepared to offer to pay someone's legal fees if they follow your advice?
Appreciate 0