BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-18-2024, 08:43 AM   #1
mcdanielvzw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i (times 2)

Garage List
2 x 2021 X3 M40i - rim swappage!

The wifey agreed to it, and I have some new 20" tires on the way thanks to doug_999 so I went ahead and swapped the rims between my Sonnenstein M40i and the wife's Phytonic Blue M40i. I purposely avoided getting a car with 21's due to higher cost of tires, but we got another good deal on my wife's with 21's soooo..... I took them! The combination really does look much better for both vehicles.

I showed her pictures of 20 vs 21 on her car prior to the purchase a few weeks back, and after swapping out one side for her to compare she actually liked the look even more than the preview I did so win-win! It was funny (to me), my car had the more expensive paint and hers the more expensive rim option so now mine has both!

I'm reaching out to my local Dealer today, the center cap area of 2 of the 20's has delaminated some - I'm hoping that's covered under the car warranty. Hopefully this doesn't turn into the Infiiniti-gate problem with delaminating rims

Next will be adding in the OEM tow retrofit on my car, parts come in this week!

P.S. I know I need to tint my front windows - I just haven't had a chance yet. I'm a little jealous of the tint on her front windshield (which I know is illegal in Florida), it must be an 80% but all it does is keep out some UV heat.
Attached Images

About to sell 2016 550i M Sport - Arm DP, Arm Front-Facing Intake
Sold - 2009 328i - Stock, 195,000 running strong.
Appreciate 2
BigMart107.00