BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #45
ParadigmDawg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 AMG GLC63s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
If I recall correctly, I think there is someone on here who lives near Dallas with a GLC AMG begging for a race (will need to take your mods into consideration for the analysis, but would at least yield some numbers).
I don't trust myself, if he is going in modded, I would too and I don't want to tune mine.....

He needs to run the Monkey for a fair fight but his GLC is making in the 800hp range.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #46
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrItaly View Post
They also flashed my displays during the remap. This is what they look like now. Notice the numbers! Also zoom in. Were the red dashes on the speedo before? I don't remember seeing them, but they look cool either way.
I'll gladly play in Dallas before I depart. Now, what about the red ticks on the sport plus display? They don't appear in sport mode, only sport plus. Can anyone chime in and tell me if they're normal? I don't remember them before the flash.

Last edited by MrItaly; 12-06-2019 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #47
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg View Post
I don't trust myself, if he is going in modded, I would too and I don't want to tune mine.....

He needs to run the Monkey for a fair fight but his GLC is making in the 800hp range.
800 would be nowhere close to a fair fight against my paltry 600!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #48
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
They also flashed my displays during the remap. This is what they look like now. Notice the numbers! Also zoom in. Were the red dashes on the speedo before? I don't remember seeing them, but they look cool either way.
Here are the displays in Eff, then Sport, then Sport Plus (ready for LC mode), with the engine off. The red dashes on Speedometer and RPM gauges are present in the Sport Plus mode.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #49
Carmicro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: T

Quote:
Here are the displays in Eff, then Sport, then Sport Plus (ready for LC mode), with the engine off. The red dashes on Speedometer and RPM gauges are present in the Sport Plus mode.
What’s also interesting is you fuel gauge reads 337 mile on full. You have covered over 4K miles probably run now mine has only covered less than 400 miles and full tank only gives just over 300 miles.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #50
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmicro View Post
What’s also interesting is you fuel gauge reads 337 mile on full. You have covered over 4K miles probably run now mine has only covered less than 400 miles and full tank only gives just over 300 miles.
I'm already over 5000 miles and noticed the fuel gauge will predict based off how you've been driving recently. I've ranged from 270 on full to 380
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:20 PM   #51
Carmicro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
I'm already over 5000 miles and noticed the fuel gauge will predict based off how you've been driving recently. I've ranged from 270 on full to 380
Interesting again. I have also noticed certain fuels stations I have used also can increase the mileage. Not only with this car but my other ones. But hey it’s a M why worry lol. But again nice to know.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #52
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:

Run or no run, we need to meet regardless while I'm briefly back in my hometown.... You seem like a good dude.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:42 PM   #53
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for finally setting my mind at ease. Odd how I had never noticed the red ticks and center red area when in sport plus (which is the mode I usually drive in over here). I'll blame it on the constant Italian sunny weather and glare. (cough) Thanks again, I'll sleep better tonight.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #54
Max Well
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmicro View Post
What’s also interesting is your fuel gauge reads 337 mile on full. You have covered over 4K miles probably run now mine has only covered less than 400 miles and full tank only gives just over 300 miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
I filled up 40 miles previous to this afternoon's images, but pluckydks is right, it seems to base that number on your most recent driving. I just covered ~950 miles of Interstate driving over a 60 hour period and mpg was 21.8, so maybe that is still in the system.

Really enjoying the confidence this F97 brings to the table when traveling. Granted it is Driver-dependent, but knowing what is available when you need it (and I did need it, especially through Atlanta) - priceless.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 04:53 PM   #55
Max Well
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I know you would! I've never raced competitively like you did for years, but I found myself not wanting to run 'Eff' or 'Sport' even during my recent time trials when the next lane had a fair match. And kingmonkeyjr wouldn't be a fair fight with his Wt/HP. Either way, we'll get your numbers (and MrItaly's) some time.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #56
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
I know you would! I've never raced competitively like you did for years, but I found myself not wanting to run 'Eff' or 'Sport' even during my recent time trials when the next lane had a fair match. And kingmonkeyjr wouldn't be a fair fight with his Wt/HP. Either way, we'll get your numbers (and MrItaly's) some time.
Damn you all! Amazon Italy had dragy at roughly the same price as Amazon US (2 weeks for mail from the states). It'll be here on the 13th. I'll post results here once it does. This forum is evil! Bear in mind my results will be with scorpion winters in oem size, but hopefully the cold weather here will help compensate. Not to mention, tire rack threw in a prepaid $80 mastercard with that scorpion purchase which will nicely take a large bite out of that dragy purchase!

Last edited by MrItaly; 12-07-2019 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      12-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #57
ParadigmDawg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 AMG GLC63s

Quote:
Run or no run, we need to meet regardless while I'm briefly back in my hometown.... You seem like a good dude.
No doubt
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 05:17 PM   #58
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkeyjr View Post
Let see some dragy numbers!!!!
Well, dragy arrived today (Thank you, Amazon Italy). Guess what else arrived today (see photo)? Luckily, this doesn't happen often here and won't last long. More to follow...... Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      12-22-2019, 10:36 PM   #59
GT500R
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:
Well, dragy arrived today (Thank you, Amazon Italy). Guess what else arrived today (see photo)? Luckily, this doesn't happen often here and won't last long. More to follow...... Stay tuned!
Update on dragy numbers?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 11:26 PM   #60
Abe Frohman
Rep
Drives: X4M Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickclickboom View Post
When you say maryland do you mean Cecil County?
Harford
Howard here. Looking to get mine my year end.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 02:01 AM   #61
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
Update on dragy numbers?
We've had three straight days of rain and a half a dozen Romanian movers packing out my house afterwhich I've been using the bmw to move a freezer and a washing machine. I hope to find the time before it ships on the 27th.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #62
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmonkeyjr View Post
Let see some dragy numbers!!!!
so jelly of ur plate
      12-23-2019, 08:46 AM   #63
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
so jelly of ur plate
Yeah, I lose that plate on Friday. It'll have a Texas tag in March next time you see it.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #64
CaptSlow27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Comp

Quote:
Yeah, I lose that plate on Friday. It'll have a Texas tag in March next time you see it.
Whereabouts in Texas? I was stationed there for a few years, really enjoyed my time.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 02:05 AM   #65
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSlow27 View Post
Whereabouts in Texas? I was stationed there for a few years, really enjoyed my time.
Car ships out Friday to the Dallas Vehicle Processing Center. I'll plate it and my trailer there when they arrive in early March then drive my 460 bottles of wine to my new home in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD with a couple of stops in Georgia and Tennessee along the way to deliver a little of that Italian fermented nectar to some dear friends of mine. I wish I had thrown in the PS4s with my Texas shipment (they went straight to Aberdeen instead). I hope to meet up with Paradym in Dallas while I'm there but wish I weren't still running on Scorpion Winters in March in Texas. But then again, a freak snowstorm up north might make me glad I have them on JIC.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      12-26-2019, 10:55 AM   #66
MrItaly
Major
Rep

0-60 Dragy times posted

So here come the excuses...I'm in a bit of a rush to get some numbers before I ship the car in the morning.

Kid's heavy duty car seat was in the back (weighs 20 lbs)
Stealth hitch trailer hitch was in the trunk
Heavy duty portable Air compressor was in the trunk along with the jack and tire iron
I'm running scorpion winters inflated to 50 psi in the rear and 42 in the front.
Also has a half a tank of gas in her.

This was my first time using dragy and only my third with launch control on this X3MC.

Still, 3.4 slightly uphill ain't bad given all of the above. I promised I'd post a run, and here it is!

One final note: I do have the heavy glass pano roof from the executive package although all speed limiters have been coded out of the vehicle. No M Driver's package here.
Attached Images

Last edited by MrItaly; 12-28-2019 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 3