BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-03-2019, 04:06 AM   #1
Schooey
Private
Rep
Drives: Prev X3M,F15 M50d 335dT

It’s arrived, oh.......

I have a slight issue, my Black Sapphire X3M has arrived, however, it’s actually Sophisto Grey?!

I had originally specified Black Sapphire with Ivory White, this was changed to Black Sapphire with Adelaide Grey and what has turned up is Sophisto with Adelaide.

I can walk away from the deal at anytime as the car is not what I ordered and obviously my deposit would be fully reimbursed, there is no way that I can have a new factory order as it will be outside of Q4 and what I did order (in the correct spec) was from available stock to qualify for the (UK) offer as we all know.

What has not helped is that over the last 3-4 weeks I’ve been looking at many X3M cars in BS and thinking how good they look and pretty much acclimatised myself to this set up. Clearly this is longer the case.

Any suggestions on what to do? Any thoughts on this as a spec?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 04:36 AM   #2
Craig 1527
Craig
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x3m comp

sophisto looks good on the x3mc maybe get a few extras thrown in definitely the RIS maybe best to go to dealers see the car in the flesh and take it from there good luck hope you get the outcome that suits you
f31 335i mineral grey/coral gone but will be missed.
gone 2014 range rover sport dynamic.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 04:38 AM   #3
MMJD
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 YAS BLUE

Firstly, what a massive fuck up from the dealer!
I personally would prefer the Sophisto with Adelaide over the black.

Only you can decide now, maybe see if you can get some monies off, or 1/2 services included with your dealer as a gesture?

Don’t do anything you will regret.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 04:48 AM   #4
daltonvaas
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooey View Post
I have a slight issue, my Black Sapphire X3M has arrived, however, it’s actually Sophisto Grey?!

I had originally specified Black Sapphire with Ivory White, this was changed to Black Sapphire with Adelaide Grey and what has turned up is Sophisto with Adelaide.

I can walk away from the deal at anytime as the car is not what I ordered and obviously my deposit would be fully reimbursed, there is no way that I can have a new factory order as it will be outside of Q4 and what I did order (in the correct spec) was from available stock to qualify for the (UK) offer as we all know.

What has not helped is that over the last 3-4 weeks I’ve been looking at many X3M cars in BS and thinking how good they look and pretty much acclimatised myself to this set up. Clearly this is longer the case.

Any suggestions on what to do? Any thoughts on this as a spec?
Was this at a dealer in Lancashire by any chance.........
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:07 AM   #5
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

See if they are willing to factory order and match your current deal. If you can live with the colour then you need to get something from the dealer. I would personally be going down the route of seeking the cost of RIS to be covered etc. Or of course you can just say no deal and walk away.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:29 AM   #6
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

RIS and a few freebies would be realistic.

But ultimately you need to be happy that you like the colour.

Second option is to ask to review the current X3M UK stock list and find an alternative car.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 06:46 AM   #7
Carmicro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: T

How did they fuc* that up? I’m assuming you had full build sheet etc. Anyway this imho is a major issue. To give you wrong colour car is totally unacceptable.

They should honour the original order also give you compensation for time wasted. But do have a look at the car you might like it.

If you go for the car that’s arrived you should get RIS free and ask for GAP insurance and Alloy/Tyre Insurance free it’s the least they can do!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 07:55 AM   #8
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

I agree this was the dealer F-up and not your issue at all.

Not sure if it is different in the UK, but in the US they give you the build sheet and you confirm that is the car you want.

Just because they messed up, does not change the fact they committed to giving you a car in a specific color.

Even if you decide you want the gray (not dealing with it, but actually want it), don't tell the dealer and make them compensate you.

If the dealer will not make it right, I would be calling BMW to see what they have to say about it.
Appreciate 1
Schooey37.00
      12-03-2019, 08:04 AM   #9
Schooey
Private
Rep
Drives: Prev X3M,F15 M50d 335dT

Thanks all, yes good point on the RIS and a few extras like rubber mats, I’ll start with top line money off but I guess it will be a struggle on the current deals, that said when I paid my deposit it was against a black car.

It’s not that I do not like Sophisto as a colour but I am unsure on that & Adelaide.

I am due to call in later to see it for myself, I’ll get some photos.

On the plus side if it’s right then I can have it this week.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:23 AM   #10
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

In pictures I really don't like that Adelaide leather as it looks like flat grey with a pinky/red insert, however I think in real life it's a pleasant taupe colour.
      12-03-2019, 08:41 AM   #11
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

To put a different perspective on it, blank your original order from your mind and go and view - then think about whether the car in front of you is worth what you are paying...

Personally I think Sophisto and Adelaide sounds like a great combination, but I've never seen it "live".

I'd also choose grey over black every day, think it shows up the nice contrasts outside well and is of course easier to look after...
Appreciate 3
Schooey37.00
BMWZ41908.00
      12-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #12
mjrennie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
To put a different perspective on it, blank your original order from your mind and go and view - then think about whether the car in front of you is worth what you are paying...

Personally I think Sophisto and Adelaide sounds like a great combination, but I've never seen it "live".

I'd also choose grey over black every day, think it shows up the nice contrasts outside well and is of course easier to look after...
I've had black cars. They look great but as this post says, tough to keep from showing every splash. Sophisto is very nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #13
zeusrazvy
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

I have adelaide, beautiful in real life. I’ve also seen black and sophisto... I prefer donington ). ask for a hefty discount and don’t look back you have a chance to break their hand
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:17 AM   #14
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusrazvy View Post
I have adelaide, beautiful in real life. I’ve also seen black and sophisto... I prefer donington ). ask for a hefty discount and don’t look back you have a chance to break their hand
I dont think so - stock is low and deal runs to end of Dec so will be people who will happily take the car in that colour scheme - so ask for RIS for free and go with it - if it makes you happy.

If not hold on for the next mega deal to come up and hope its what you want....
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:25 AM   #15
Scatman
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3M

Quote:

Agree with this - that’s a great combo IMO. You will know when you see it. Just get something chucked in for the cock up. RIS etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #16
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Sophisto is also a great color.

My take on it, play it dumb, act like you are mad and hated it. Get some discount and play the game with the dealer.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #17
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:

+1 on this..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #18
aliwtsn
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

I'd probably be happy with the exterior colour however that interior imho doesn't go well with Sophisto grey.

Like others have said, give it a chance I think the grey and black exterior are great choices but interior......would have to be seen
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #19
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Sorry to hear that, thats nuts.
How is it possible to order the wrong car - Build sheet...

You sure they didn't get someone over sticker on what you ordered?
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #20
X3MSteve
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M

Firstly, what deal did you get on the car, if it was already good they may not move? You have some big negotiating power here if you like the car. As above, look at it from a fresh if you like it or not. There are some black ones still available in the uk but only 3/4 I think

Is it just the colour that’s changed or other specs too?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #21
russellg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

If the colour is right for you then you will be in good stead to exploit some discount on non cost accessories, rubber mats etc and the RIS, but achieving discount off the top line might be more challenging.

In the UK at least, the eyes of the law will state that they are only ‘offering’ to sell you a vehicle in BS, despite what you signed for so (unless it was the final bill of sale) they are in no way obligated to conclude the bargain.

However, a premium manufacturer represented by a reputable dealer should be able to honour the agreement as it was understood by both parties (whether verbally or in writing).

My take would be push for the original deal in the agreed colour, and only at your discretion accept the compromise of the alternative colour with as much discount or extra accessories that you can get.

Last edited by russellg; 12-03-2019 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
moff1362.50
      12-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #22
Gritty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Not much meat on the bone for the dealer, so they may sell this car for more than you paid? If you like the color work a deal for a cash discount, if you don't wait for your new car to arrive. Unfortunately with low inventory in the UK this car will move and the dealer won't sweat too much.
Appreciate 0