BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-23-2021, 04:00 AM   #23
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 LCI M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talljed View Post
I’ve got an order in, waiting impatiently. Ordered 1st week in July, 30th August scheduled build, should arrive October I hope. Ordered from park lane in the end but also had some good quotes from Tony Lewis.

X3 m40i, phytonic blue (was stuck deciding between this and BG), pano roof, comfort pack and 726 wheels.

Trying to wean myself off looking at posts and photos on here daily while I wait, unsuccessfully.
Awesome I’m exactly the same, can’t help but keep searching social media platforms for new photos or videos, particularly of the M40i.

Park Lane are brilliant, can’t fault them so sure you got a great deal
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:01 AM   #24
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Great choice of car. Loved ours for 2 odd years, but with residuals high on cars at the moment, have traded in for an X3MC, coming sometime in October.
Don’t blame you it’s for that reason I sold the Z4 and ordered the X3.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:03 AM   #25
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla91 View Post
How close are Tony's discounts to what Park Lane are offering? Was promised a callback from the latter a week ago and never heard back from them
I’ve dealt with both, although only ever ordered via Tony. The deals are going to be very much the same, however I am bias and will always stick with Tony. He is a breath of fresh air to deal with. No dealership BS, honest and genuinely cares about the customer and their car.

Drop him an E-Mail and just be patient. He is a victim of his own success really, gets lots of E-Mails and with that a lot of time wasters I’m sure.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:04 AM   #26
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombag View Post
Hi there

End of June. It’s hard work getting info and no way to track (as far as I am aware), but dealer said it was in production last week so should arrive before end of Sept.
can’t wait
You can track online by pestering the online genius. Just ask them for an update on your build and provide the AG number, which will be located on the top of your order paperwork. They’ll tell you what stage your build is at. Saves pestering the dealership and you get an instant answer.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:30 AM   #27
PAS
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i LCI BG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raesy View Post
Anyone else here in the UK awaiting delivery of one?
Pretty much exactly the same spec as yours with only the tech pack plus additional I think, of course ordered through Tony, I had my M140i off him almost 4 years ago in Estoril blue with Cognac.

Once I saw that the M seats could only be ordered in Cognac or Black is was a no brainer for me. Ordered Cognac blind on the M140 and its a gorgeous colour, always get compliments on it and wouldn't be without it now, hence ordering on the M40i. Initial delivery is scheduled for end of Nov. Think there will be a fair few BG's about Judging from Tony's Insta looks like he has one ordered in BG too

Here is my cars digital brochure...

https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/bcf0f87

Last edited by PAS; 08-23-2021 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: add text
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:34 AM   #28
tombag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
You can track online by pestering the online genius. Just ask them for an update on your build and provide the AG number, which will be located on the top of your order paperwork. They’ll tell you what stage your build is at. Saves pestering the dealership and you get an instant answer.
Thanks for the info.

Just out of curiosity, I got about 10.5% off the on-the-road price for my build. Is this a good deal for uk ?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:44 AM   #29
Shaun170
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i LCI

Garage List
2006 Ducati 749  [10.00]
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talljed View Post
Trying to wean myself off looking at posts and photos on here daily while I wait, unsuccessfully.
I’m doing exactly the same but failing miserably. I’ve got about every photo of an LCI in BG I can find and watched every video on YouTube.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:55 AM   #30
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAS View Post
Pretty much exactly the same spec as yours with only the tech pack plus additional I think, of course ordered through Tony, I had my M140i off him almost 4 years ago in Estoril blue with Cognac.

Once I saw that the M seats could only be ordered in Cognac or Black is was a no brainer for me. Ordered Cognac blind on the M140 and its a gorgeous colour, always get compliments on it and wouldn't be without it now, hence ordering on the M40i. Initial delivery is scheduled for end of Nov. Think there will be a fair few BG's about Judging from Tony's Insta looks like he has one ordered in BG too

Nice one

Yeah Tony is a top bloke isn’t he? When I ordered my M140i from him I went for the Sunset Orange, was a gamble as it was a brand new colour and couldn’t find it anywhere to look at but was proper chuffed with it. I almost went for Mineral Grey though and Cognac back then. Can’t wait to have it, think the contrast will work so well, especially on the M seats too!

Yeah I think BG will be the most popular for now. It does look great, but would have preferred Dravit Grey, had it been an option.

That digital brochure is proper cool, how did you get that? I want one!!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:56 AM   #31
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombag View Post
Thanks for the info.

Just out of curiosity, I got about 10.5% off the on-the-road price for my build. Is this a good deal for uk ?
Thanks
Yes you should be pleased with that
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 04:58 AM   #32
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun170 View Post
I’m doing exactly the same but failing miserably. I’ve got about every photo of an LCI in BG I can find and watched every video on YouTube.
I’m so glad we’re not alone
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:01 AM   #33
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Nice one

Yeah Tony is a top bloke isn’t he? When I ordered my M140i from him I went for the Sunset Orange, was a gamble as it was a brand new colour and couldn’t find it anywhere to look at but was proper chuffed with it. I almost went for Mineral Grey though and Cognac back then. Can’t wait to have it, think the contrast will work so well, especially on the M seats too!

Yeah I think BG will be the most popular for now. It does look great, but would have preferred Dravit Grey, had it been an option.

Me too! It even has the steering wheel on the right side.
      08-23-2021, 05:12 AM   #34
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Who are people using for insurance ?

My current insurer, LV, will not provide cover for the new MHEV version of the M40D, only the previous version.

LV is one of the few that covers all glass under the windscreen, hence lower excess for sunroof glass breakage.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:15 AM   #35
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Who are people using for insurance ?

My current insurer, LV, will not provide cover for the new MHEV version of the M40D, only the previous version.

LV is one of the few that covers all glass under the windscreen, hence lower excess for sunroof glass breakage.
Unfortunately this is always an issue with brand new models. Have they not referred it to the underwriters? I had similar when I got my M140i Shadow Edition.

Not got quotes yet for mine as still a bit to soon.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:16 AM   #36
Raesy
Insta @M40i_X3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Me too! It even has the steering wheel on the right side.
Cool isn’t it? I’ve no idea how to do this, searched online and can’t find out either!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:28 AM   #37
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Cool isn’t it? I’ve no idea how to do this, searched online and can’t find out either!
I seem to remember that this was the interface when I was in the dealer picking the options. so it might just be a link that the dealer supplied?
      08-23-2021, 05:37 AM   #38
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately this is always an issue with brand new models. Have they not referred it to the underwriters? I had similar when I got my M140i Shadow Edition.

Not got quotes yet for mine as still a bit to soon.
This isn't the LCI version but the current M40D which got the MHEV added last year IIRC. The LCI M40i will also get the MHEV, so not sure if this will also be affected.

Did ask LV to review, and they came back and said would not cover, but will cover X3 M Comp ?????

Last edited by avi66; 08-23-2021 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:44 AM   #39
zilla91
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Nice one

Sunset Orange was a class colour. A year on since I got rid of my M140i and I still miss it
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:53 AM   #40
Shaun170
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i LCI

Garage List
2006 Ducati 749  [10.00]
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAS View Post

Nice videos. Wish I had those for my build.

I wanted BG my wife wanted Phytonic. I wanted cognac, my wife didn’t like it. It’s a lot darker in real life than the configurator it just didn’t sit well with the black plastics on the seat, just MHO.

That was the compromise, if we went with BG instead of Phytonic it had to be black leather.

I think if the cognac was as light in colour as the configurator is I would have been able to convince her.

As I’ve said in a previous thread, the dealer also gave duff info saying the sensatec dash stitching would still be in blue which would clash with the cognac. Now I know that isn’t true and it’s actually grey, I don’t think that helped with the decision but I’m happy with our choice of black with blue stitching. It will go well with the blue callipers and I think it will look better with the carbon interior trim than cognac would have done. Again just MHO.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:08 AM   #41
KNicholson
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Looks like BG is gonna be popular in the UK…

My spec also from Tony:
BG
21” 718
Red Brakes
Fiona Red / Black Extended Merino Leather
Ash Trunkwood
Technology Plus Pack
Comfort Pack
Pano Roof
Galvanic

Coming out of an M140, which I’ve had 3 of and loved each one. Would’ve kept the 1 series but struggle to get in and out post knee surgery. Will be sad to see the 140 go but quite excited for the X3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:10 AM   #42
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

Quote:
I’ve dealt with both, although only ever ordered via Tony. The deals are going to be very much the same, however I am bias and will always stick with Tony. He is a breath of fresh air to deal with. No dealership BS, honest and genuinely cares about the customer and their car.

Drop him an E-Mail and just be patient. He is a victim of his own success really, gets lots of E-Mails and with that a lot of time wasters I’m sure.
He's on holiday now so anyone chasing him won't get a reply for a few days.

Worth following him on Instagram also: https://www.instagram.com/trldeals/?...dium=copy_link
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:23 AM   #43
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNicholson View Post
Looks like BG is gonna be popular in the UK…
The colour looks different on the configurator images.

The configurator colour reminds me of a darker Donington Grey but BG looks nothing like this first hand.
Attached Images

Last edited by avi66; 08-23-2021 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 06:37 AM   #44
Talljed
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 m40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun170 View Post
I’m so glad we’re not alone
Ha ha, we must have the same YouTube search and watch history on the M40i. It's not making the time pass any quicker though. I've resisted contacting BMW genius for updates though, one genius told me they get customers contacting daily for status updates.
Appreciate 0