BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-13-2021, 01:30 PM   #45
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealm3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
I don't think the world of electric vehicles is going to be the utopia people think.
You're actually quite incorrect but we all have a different view of the world we're in

The money I save by driving one as a daily completely supplements the cost of owning my lovely M car

Imagine that 💥
What's your daily?
I'm currently leasing a LEAF SL Plus w/225 miles of range

It has Pilot Sport All Season 4's mounted and it's an absolute blast to drive
+1 for the SL plus

I told my wife when we got it that if I could put a slightly better suspension on this thing with some real tires it would be a fun car. She laughed "no thank you".

Oh well, even in full stock set up it's a great daily driver. And super cheap to run with gas approaching $5 a gallon for premium.
Great car for sure

But I am done buying Nissan now that they are a sinking ship

Next is probably the Model Y for us because it's the best offering today besides the 3 for the money
I don't think we'll get another leaf because my wife wants something a little bigger. We were genuinely bummed when the X3 electric was canceled for the US. It would fit our use case very well. Now we are waiting to see what comes to market in the next year or so. Probably look at the awd i4, maybe the Nissan ariya, the Audi suv or some of the plug in hybrids. Though I would rather have full electric if we can find something that works.

Do you really think Nissan is on the way out? I mean Mitsubishi is still around somehow so I can't Nissan disappearing before them.
It's really unfortunate the BMW iX3 is not coming to North America

Nissan is financially where there were 20 years ago

Go drive the Tesla Model Y Long Range

You can schedule it overnight

I think you'll like it
Meh. I have friends and some family members with Tesla's. Both y and 3. I can't get past the interior. It's not for me. Plus the material and build quality is kinda lacking given all years in a bmw or decent Japanese car.

Wife really likes the x5 45e. 35 miles electric is good enough for most of our driving day to day and some gas if we need to. Fine for long trips. May go that route but on a lease so we can get a longer range electric once that is up. We'll see.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #46
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
I don't think the world of electric vehicles is going to be the utopia people think.
You're actually quite incorrect but we all have a different view of the world we're in

The money I save by driving one as a daily completely supplements the cost of owning my lovely M car

Imagine that 💥
What's your daily?
I'm currently leasing a LEAF SL Plus w/225 miles of range

It has Pilot Sport All Season 4's mounted and it's an absolute blast to drive
+1 for the SL plus

I told my wife when we got it that if I could put a slightly better suspension on this thing with some real tires it would be a fun car. She laughed "no thank you".

Oh well, even in full stock set up it's a great daily driver. And super cheap to run with gas approaching $5 a gallon for premium.
Great car for sure

But I am done buying Nissan now that they are a sinking ship

Next is probably the Model Y for us because it's the best offering today besides the 3 for the money
I don't think we'll get another leaf because my wife wants something a little bigger. We were genuinely bummed when the X3 electric was canceled for the US. It would fit our use case very well. Now we are waiting to see what comes to market in the next year or so. Probably look at the awd i4, maybe the Nissan ariya, the Audi suv or some of the plug in hybrids. Though I would rather have full electric if we can find something that works.

Do you really think Nissan is on the way out? I mean Mitsubishi is still around somehow so I can't Nissan disappearing before them.
It's really unfortunate the BMW iX3 is not coming to North America

Nissan is financially where there were 20 years ago

Go drive the Tesla Model Y Long Range

You can schedule it overnight

I think you'll like it
Meh. I have friends and some family members with Tesla's. Both y and 3. I can't get past the interior. It's not for me. Plus the material and build quality is kinda lacking given all years in a bmw or decent Japanese car.

Wife really likes the x5 45e. 35 miles electric is good enough for most of our driving day to day and some gas if we need to. Fine for long trips. May go that route but on a lease so we can get a longer range electric once that is up. We'll see.
I've driven many Model 3's and I had a Model Y for a day and a half and it's actually quite nice inside

No problems with any fit and finish that I could see and I really got use to driving it quickly

Model 3 interesting enough drives very much like a BMW… Model Y drives well to

Currently no company makes an EV that compares to Tesla for the money

Hopefully that will change soon because competition is good

Hard to own an EV and go backwards to a hybrid IMO
      08-13-2021, 04:25 PM   #47
DjCoke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: iX3 2021

Quote:
I've driven many Model 3'# and have have a Model Y for a day and a half and it's actually quite nice inside

Not problems with any fit and finish that I could see and really got use to driving it quickly

Model 3 interesting enough drives very much like a BMW… Model Y drives good to

Currently nobody makes a comparable EV to Tesla for the money

Hopefully that will change because competition is good
I am sorry but the model 3 2021 I tested could not come near the build quality of the Chinese builded iX3. I have exchanged my 520D for the iX3 and I would have cried for years if I drove the Tesla.

The Y was not available for a test drive in Holland but the S and X are 30k more expensive then the iX3.

So build quality:
- sound proofing is very bad for the model 3. Even my 520D from 2017 was way better sound proofed.
- the occasion side at Tesla is so bad: you get on the website offers without actually seeing the car and then they say user marks (it has user worn scratches) and you collect it, the whole dashboard is scratched as hell. But hey: it is a Tesla and the friend of mine who bought it, doesn’t even mentioned it. So I had to awkwardly look at those scratches. No Bmw dealer would have done that…
- windshield sweepers are making noises as if you have a car from before 2000. Even my all three owned E46 3 series from 1998 had better sweepers and I dare to say build quality as well
- so rough ride: the suspension and need I really point out that the seats are not as adjustable as any Bmw car?
- when you sit as a back passenger, at 1m67 you can’t sit there correctly. Let alone work on the back seat what I often do for work. iX3 has so much room backside that is a real big difference with the model 3
Etc…

But the model 3 excels in user friendly UI (iDrive could be way better and the bmw my app is just a facepalm), better charger network and possibly better range. But I find this last comparison between a very small car and a big Crossover

The model 3 comes in no way near the driver’s pleasure from a iX3. Mic drop…
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 05:08 PM   #48
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjCoke View Post
Quote:
I've driven many Model 3'# and have have a Model Y for a day and a half and it's actually quite nice inside

Not problems with any fit and finish that I could see and really got use to driving it quickly

I am sorry but the model 3 2021 I tested could not come near the build quality of the Chinese builded iX3. I have exchanged my 520D for the iX3 and I would have cried for years if I drove the Tesla.

The Y was not available for a test drive in Holland but the S and X are 30k more expensive then the iX3.

So build quality:
- sound proofing is very bad for the model 3. Even my 520D from 2017 was way better sound proofed.
- the occasion side at Tesla is so bad: you get on the website offers without actually seeing the car and then they say user marks (it has user worn scratches) and you collect it, the whole dashboard is scratched as hell. But hey: it is a Tesla and the friend of mine who bought it, doesn't even mentioned it. So I had to awkwardly look at those scratches. No Bmw dealer would have done that…
- windshield sweepers are making noises as if you have a car from before 2000. Even my all three owned E46 3 series from 1998 had better sweepers and I dare to say build quality as well
- so rough ride: the suspension and need I really point out that the seats are not as adjustable as any Bmw car?
- when you sit as a back passenger, at 1m67 you can't sit there correctly. Let alone work on the back seat what I often do for work. iX3 has so much room backside that is a real big difference with the model 3
Etc…

But the model 3 excels in user friendly UI (iDrive could be way better and the bmw my app is just a facepalm), better charger network and possibly better range. But I find this last comparison between a very small car and a big Crossover

The model 3 comes in no way near the driver's pleasure from a iX3. Mic drop…
BMW did only what they had to do on the iX3

No xDrive is a deal breaker for many

I'd rather drive the new iX

08-14-2021, 07:54 AM   #49
ObsidianX
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (LBB, 6MT)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjCoke View Post
Quote:

So build quality:
- the occasion side at Tesla is so bad: you get on the website offers without actually seeing the car and then they say user marks (it has user worn scratches) and you collect it, the whole dashboard is scratched as hell. But hey: it is a Tesla and the friend of mine who bought it, doesn't even mentioned it. So I had to awkwardly look at those scratches. No Bmw dealer would have done that…
- when you sit as a back passenger, at 1m67 you can't sit there correctly. Let alone work on the back seat what I often do for work. iX3 has so much room backside that is a real big difference with the model 3
Etc…

The model 3 comes in no way near the driver's pleasure from a iX3. Mic drop…
BMW did only what they had to do on the iX3

No xDrive is a deal breaker for many

I'd rather drive the new iX

This. If it was all wheel drive it might be something I would seriously consider. I live in a climate with lots of snow. The range will improve as this iterates in coming model years, but the fundamental traction from a X vehicle implies it is all-wheel drive. I don't understand why this was not implemented. It is the soul of every X SUV.

I will say I like how this looks. Even the grill looks nice. Way better than their i3 experiment and more on par with what I think of when I say BMW SUV.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16304.50