BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-24-2021, 01:46 PM   #1145
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj100 View Post
dereksM3, do you actually see the HUD removed from your build? I'm in status 111 as well and my CA just sent me the following screenshot showing it's still on my build. Really trying to figure out what's going...and I guess so is BMW apparently.
Yes, 610 Heads up Display was removed entirely from my build sheet and when I go to Track my BMW online. They have now since made it Premium Package 2 and essentially no charged me for the Premium Package but charging $900 for the Live Cockpit Pro. Ultimately, it's a net $900 discount for no HUD but still rather irritating and frankly even more so being mine has been stuck in status 111 when others are still getting it (my build sheet is posted in another thread below).

More than likely we are backing out and just waiting for 6-8 months and just order what we want. As much as my wife finally wants a new car I'd rather not have some Frankenstein vehicle with some unique packages that eventually kills resale down the line.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #1146
wj100
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Supra 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksM3 View Post
Yes, 610 Heads up Display was removed entirely from my build sheet and when I go to Track my BMW online. They have now since made it Premium Package 2 and essentially no charged me for the Premium Package but charging $900 for the Live Cockpit Pro. Ultimately, it's a net $900 discount for no HUD but still rather irritating and frankly even more so being mine has been stuck in status 111 when others are still getting it (my build sheet is posted in another thread below).

More than likely we are backing out and just waiting for 6-8 months and just order what we want. As much as my wife finally wants a new car I'd rather not have some Frankenstein vehicle with some unique packages that eventually kills resale down the line.
Thanks for the clarification. Just curious, when did you place your order? Mine was placed on 9/3 and has been is status 111 ever since as well. Currently slated for a week 44 build.

Feeling like there could be more bad news between now and then. It's possible they may run out of roundels for the hood and substitute an Oldsmobile rocket instead.
Appreciate 1
mathys202.50
      09-24-2021, 02:41 PM   #1147
dereksM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Just curious, when did you place your order? Mine was placed on 9/3 and has been is status 111 ever since as well. Currently slated for a week 44 build.

Feeling like there could be more bad news between now and then. It's possible they may run out of roundels for the hood and substitute an Oldsmobile rocket instead.
Mine was placed on 9/13 so bit after you
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 02:42 PM   #1148
wj100
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Supra 3.0

Quote:
Yes, 610 Heads up Display was removed entirely from my build sheet and when I go to Track my BMW online. They have now since made it Premium Package 2 and essentially no charged me for the Premium Package but charging $900 for the Live Cockpit Pro.
My CA just told me that the HUD is only being removed from X3 30i's and not from X3 40i's. With this piece of info, assuming your build is a 30i?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 03:35 PM   #1149
Scotboy
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
This is BMW Selective High Beam.

Don't know about the US, but the UK description of the LCI standard lights, which BMW calls Icon Adaptive LED in the configurator, is -

"In addition, they include Adaptive Headlights that follow the steering angle of the front wheels (not active in reverse gear or when stationary), cornering lights that improve vision at close range and BMW Selective Beam for autonomous control of the left and right headlights plus low and high-beam which avoids dazzling oncoming traffic."
I had adaptive (swivelling) headlights on my 2019 X3 30D MSport but the M40i LCI I picked up today doesn’t. I could easily see the lights swivelling in the 30D but there is no movement of light with the M40i.

There are however “extra” lights in the unit that shine down and forwards/outwards to light up the wider front area - they are on continuously while parked and I noticed they brightened when I selected reverse. What I haven’t been able to check is if they switch off when driving off and/or if they switch on for corners…

EDIT:- I’ve just been out in the car again and the “extra” lights do indeed seem to act as cornering lights. It’s difficult to know exactly when you’re driving without someone else watching from outside the car but it would appear that they dim when you start driving and then brighten when you corner, after which they dim again. They seem to fade in and out as there is no sudden switch on or off.

You can see these extra lights clearly on the LHS of this photo:-

Last edited by Scotboy; 09-24-2021 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
avi662692.50
      09-24-2021, 06:16 PM   #1150
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotboy View Post
Quote:
This is BMW Selective High Beam.

Don't know about the US, but the UK description of the LCI standard lights, which BMW calls Icon Adaptive LED in the configurator, is -

"In addition, they include Adaptive Headlights that follow the steering angle of the front wheels (not active in reverse gear or when stationary), cornering lights that improve vision at close range and [COLOR="Red"]BMW Selective Beam for autonomous control of the left and right headlights plus low and high-beam which avoids dazzling oncoming traffic[/COLOR]."
I had adaptive (swivelling) headlights on my 2019 X3 30D MSport but the M40i LCI I picked up today doesn't. I could easily see the lights swivelling in the 30D but there is no movement of light with the M40i.

There are however "extra" lights in the unit that shine down and forwards/outwards to light up the wider front area - they are on continuously while parked and I noticed they brightened when I selected reverse. What I haven't been able to check is if they switch off when driving off and/or if they switch on for corners…

EDIT:- I've just been out in the car again and the "extra" lights do indeed seem to act as cornering lights. It's difficult to know exactly when you're driving without someone else watching from outside the car but it would appear that they dim when you start driving and then brighten when you corner, after which they dim again. They seem to fade in and out as there is no sudden switch on or off.

[img]https://clickpix.org/images/jaJPvP.jpg[/img]
So they've added/maintained 'cornering lights' and removed the swivelling/ follow the steering wheel facility. Hmpf…

This might be fine for parking and tight manoeuvres in town, but no good for twisty country lanes (or B roads here in the UK).

Definite cost cutting.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 06:56 PM   #1151
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
My CA just told me that the HUD is only being removed from X3 30i's and not from X3 40i's. With this piece of info, assuming your build is a 30i?
Mine told me this morning it was for all X3s and X4s... Since BMW AG as got no clue of what is going on, I would wait until the car can be seen before cancelling the order.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 07:02 PM   #1152
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
... More than likely we are backing out and just waiting for 6-8 months and just order what we want.,.
Yes, but wait until you see the car...

Fuch knows what will be delivered
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #1153
drjoe66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 & 2019 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Quote:
... More than likely we are backing out and just waiting for 6-8 months and just order what we want.,.
Yes, but wait until you see the car...

Fuch knows what will be delivered
Very simple. I ordered my car with a HUD. If they cut that after my confirmed order because they don't have their supply chain figured out, I am done with BMW.
Appreciate 1
mikeoz2856.00
      09-24-2021, 09:35 PM   #1154
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1gma View Post
So they've added/maintained 'cornering lights' and removed the swivelling/ follow the steering wheel facility. Hmpf…

This might be fine for parking and tight manoeuvres in town, but no good for twisty country lanes (or B roads here in the UK).

Definite cost cutting.
im pretty sure they already had the lower speed cornering lights teamed with swivelling lights with the wheel so it just looks like theyve removed the latter
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 09:56 PM   #1155
mattinfll
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: X1, 428i GC, 128i Conv

Garage List
2022 X4 M40i  [0.00]
It's not just microchips.

The petroleum industry was disrupted by the the deep freeze in Texas last winter. (Plastics, foams, and a host of other products and raw materials).

Then there are the dozens of ships stuck outside of major shipping ports throughout the Americas and Europe. All loaded with products (and parts) that can't get offloaded. And those ships can't carry empty shipping containers back to China (or wherever) to pick up more goods.

It's a perfect storm.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 10:35 PM   #1156
jlde
Rep
Drives: Gone 73 911S & 84 911 Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
im pretty sure they already had the lower speed cornering lights teamed with swivelling lights with the wheel so it just looks like theyve removed the latter
I called my dealer today about my M40i order as he never emailed me back. He asked if not getting the Sirius/XM was a problem. I told him no. However is anything else is deleted then this will be a huge problem!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 02:54 AM   #1157
Tim@codemybimmer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M Competition F98 LCI

Garage List
Quote:
I had adaptive (swivelling) headlights on my 2019 X3 30D MSport but the M40i LCI I picked up today doesn’t. I could easily see the lights swivelling in the 30D but there is no movement of light with the M40i.

There are however “extra” lights in the unit that shine down and forwards/outwards to light up the wider front area - they are on continuously while parked and I noticed they brightened when I selected reverse. What I haven’t been able to check is if they switch off when driving off and/or if they switch on for corners…

EDIT:- I’ve just been out in the car again and the “extra” lights do indeed seem to act as cornering lights. It’s difficult to know exactly when you’re driving without someone else watching from outside the car but it would appear that they dim when you start driving and then brighten when you corner, after which they dim again. They seem to fade in and out as there is no sudden switch on or off.
I have the Laserlight Headlights on my X4 M Competition LCI and have found the same issue as well.

They seem to have removed the mechanical left and right movement of the headlights, and have instead used the cornering light function to light up the corners at sharp turns, while "brightening" the outer areas when turning on more subtle turns.

Definitely feels like they cheaped out, even on the Laserlight headlights. However the anti-dazzle high beams (coded) definitely are working as intended by shading out the cars while keeping the high beams on. Of course when driving without any vehicles ahead, it does indeed brighten up the road quite a bit more with the lasers.

Otherwise they're using the matrix LED technology to help "offset" the missing mechanical movement of the LEDs, which our LCI F25 X3 seem to have as well.
Appreciate 2
Scotboy31.50
avi662692.50
      09-25-2021, 03:33 AM   #1158
mattinfll
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: X1, 428i GC, 128i Conv

Garage List
2022 X4 M40i  [0.00]
Jon over at Bimmerfest posted the bulletins from BMW about what is being decontented. The bulletin confirmed SiriusXM/HD is being removed from ALL X3 and X4 variants, however the bulletin implies there will be a retrofit option available once the parts shortage eases. It will result in a $350 credit.

HUDs, Shadowline (ZHO) and the usual M Sport 19” tire (887) are not available on the X3 30i or X4 30i. ZPP is being replaced with the Premium Pack 2 without HUD.

I’m guessing because I’m status code 155 assembly finish, I still have Sirius, but it would not have been a dealbreaker for mr.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 04:35 AM   #1159
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:

Definite cost cutting.
Also not as advertised. Here's what the BMW UK configurator states, which is the same as the dealer supplied brochure, as the feature of standard lights -

"In addition, they include Adaptive Headlights that follow the steering angle of the front wheels (not active in reverse gear or when stationary), cornering lights that improve vision at close range and BMW Selective Beam for autonomous control of the left and right headlights plus low and high-beam which avoids dazzling oncoming traffic."

To be frank, I'm getting so fed up with the situation that I'm at the point of canceling, as I don't believe anything BMW or dealer says. I get it's a difficult situation, but I think BMW is being deceptive and vague re what's missing from under the skin.

So far,-

Adaptive Drive Mode - Gone
Standard Sport Seat Passenger Lumbar/Bolster adjust - Gone
Wireless Charging/phone signal boost - Gone
Digital Key - Gone
Camera/s reduced quality - ????
HUD - ????
H&K - ????
Headlights to advertised spec - ????

Who knows what else will be quietly missed off, or what options will be removed from the build.

Don't fancy paying £50K+ for a car that has a spec from 2005.

Last edited by avi66; 09-25-2021 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 3
zequic3.00
mathys202.50
      09-25-2021, 06:22 AM   #1160
zequic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Quote:

Definite cost cutting.
Also not as advertised. Here's what the BMW UK configurator states, which is the same as the dealer supplied brochure, as the feature of standard lights -

"In addition, they include [COLOR="Red"]Adaptive Headlights that follow the steering angle of the front wheels (not active in reverse gear or when stationary)[/COLOR], cornering lights that improve vision at close range and BMW Selective Beam for autonomous control of the left and right headlights plus low and high-beam which avoids dazzling oncoming traffic."

To be frank, I'm getting so fed up with the situation that I'm at the point of canceling, as I don't believe anything BMW or dealer says. I get it's a difficult situation, but I think BMW is being deceptive and vague re what's missing from under the skin.

So far,-

Adaptive Drive Mode - Gone
Standard Sport Seat Passenger Lumbar/Bolster adjust - Gone
Wireless Charging/phone signal boost - Gone
Digital Key - Gone
Camera/s reduced quality - ????
HUD - ????
H&K - ????
Headlights to advertised spec - ????

Who knows what else will be quietly missed off, or what options will be removed from the build.

Don't fancy paying £50K+ for a car that has a spec from 2005.
What is that on 30 or 40? Just ordered a 40d and hoping it will make it through with its max spec that I ordered
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 06:43 AM   #1161
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zequic View Post
What is that on 30 or 40? Just ordered a 40d and hoping it will make it through with its max spec that I ordered
M40d. The problem is knowing what you get compares to BMW's advertised features. They seem to be downgrading stuff whilst still promoting the previous tech.

BMW UK confirmed by email no Adaptive Drive Mode anymore, and I'm awaiting a reply on what headlights are actually provided compared to the advertised BMW Icon Adaptive LED features/spec advertised as standard.

It seams like a moving feast that until the car arrives you don't know for sure, headlights being an example.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #1162
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Think these are close range cornering lights. On some cars, the left and right front fog lights provide the same function, but these are different to the main headlights following the steering input angle.

For what it's worth BMW Genius is claiming that UK model has ICON Adaptive LED headlights with all advertised features.
Appreciate 1
Scotboy31.50
      09-25-2021, 10:20 AM   #1163
lastsun61
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 xDrive

Garage List
I'm getting worried about all of these features getting removed. These posts are only for X3 s or xdrive 30i right? Not the X3 M40i. I put a deposit down for the X3 M40i order but the dealer said allocations opening up are delayed. Are any features getting removed from X3 M40i yet? Hopefully not
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #1164
mikeoz
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
M40d. The problem is knowing what you get compares to BMW's advertised features. They seem to be downgrading stuff whilst still promoting the previous tech.

BMW UK confirmed by email no Adaptive Drive Mode anymore, and I'm awaiting a reply on what headlights are actually provided compared to the advertised BMW Icon Adaptive LED features/spec advertised as standard.

It seams like a moving feast that until the car arrives you don't know for sure, headlights being an example.
Let us know what they say?

Adaptive lights in UK are a very good feature given our back roads and winters...There could be a trading standards issue if they keep advertising things that they can't supply...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 03:13 PM   #1165
drjoe66
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 & 2019 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastsun61 View Post
I'm getting worried about all of these features getting removed. These posts are only for X3 s or xdrive 30i right? Not the X3 M40i. I put a deposit down for the X3 M40i order but the dealer said allocations opening up are delayed. Are any features getting removed from X3 M40i yet? Hopefully not
I am in the same boat. It seems most cuts are for the base model so far. Mine is supposed to be a week 48 build, they have no earlier allocation.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 04:02 PM   #1166
jsh139
How YOU Doin?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim@codemybimmer View Post
I have the Laserlight Headlights on my X4 M Competition LCI and have found the same issue as well.

They seem to have removed the mechanical left and right movement of the headlights, and have instead used the cornering light function to light up the corners at sharp turns, while "brightening" the outer areas when turning on more subtle turns.

Definitely feels like they cheaped out, even on the Laserlight headlights. However the anti-dazzle high beams (coded) definitely are working as intended by shading out the cars while keeping the high beams on. Of course when driving without any vehicles ahead, it does indeed brighten up the road quite a bit more with the lasers.

Otherwise they're using the matrix LED technology to help "offset" the missing mechanical movement of the LEDs, which our LCI F25 X3 seem to have as well.
So you're saying that coding anti-dazzle back in is still possible on the US LCI vehicles?

I saw someone had posted all of the expert settings for it a while back. Are those the correct settings to use? I'd love to have this coded back in to my car.