BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-24-2021, 09:49 PM   #1
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

New X3M Comp

Well the sales floor got me....

I go in to have the break-in service for my M8GC Comp done and while waiting I see this glistening blue thing in the distance. I go over and see it and think man this thing looks good. My typical rule is when I have to keep looking at a car I need it. After about 10 laps around the car I had to ask on it.

I've bought 3 M cars from this dealership and being I wasn't searching for a vehicle I wasn't going to get raked over on the #s and having quite a few cars I was was willing to get rid of my Hellcat Durango which frankly was lacking in many areas(including performance as I feel it's slow) and honestly it's for my wife and she has an X7 M50i and the Hellcat Durango and didnt really need 2 3 row vehicles. So I approached the SA and the things stickered as normal in the mid $80k and went for a drive.

Now I drive hard and I mean beyond what most are comfortable at speed wise and have been over 200mph many times and while we were there he actually introduced me to the regional head of BMW genius and I quote "Kevin's the only customer we really have that drives all his M cars the way they're supposed to be" lol. Keep in mind I'm there getting the break-in for my M8GC Comp yet it's already seen 180ish on the dash prior once it hit 1200miles of course.

So we proceed for a test drive and wow, great comfort(I'm 6'5"), great space, feel, fit and finish, so what's it perform like? I double tap M2 and the sales rep says "remember there's a break-in period" so I chuckle and let him know I'll play nice and what accounts to essentially a game of just the tip touching the high 4k rpm range in trans setting 2. I can feel it wants to run, and turn, and frankly it feel like an absolutely well balanced car. Much better driving and handling than the 2021 X6M Comp I sold to them when getting my M8GC Comp. I was sold.

Once we got back he informed me that corporate had initiated a mandatory $5k mark up on the M cars. I told him look, I'm not paying any dealer markup and not taking a dime less than $90k for my Hellcat Durango (it's sticker was $87k, and they're selling for over $100-110k). He comes back to me with this.... $90.5k for my Durango Hellcat with 3k miles and no mark up and all extended warranties sold to me at cost due to my uncanny frequency of purchases.

Winner winner as they say. The dealer moves a unit they have for less than 24hrs and I unload a highly sought after turd of a vehicle imo (It's OK I have a highly modified TRX and Demon so I still love me some some Hellcat platforms), and my wife gets a fun grocery getter.

So with all that said...... it's a 2022. Is BM3 an option for them yet due to ecu lock or do I need to just stick with racechips for now? Also what's recommended for exhaust? It sounds a bit to much like a hair dryer for my liking. Lol

Last edited by Bimmersandmopars; 09-24-2021 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 12
Ilyam5888.50
Max Well4692.00
r33_RGSport12805.00
mathys196.50
kozzi927.00
Savage_M3301.00
LeopardM3232.50
bSwiazzy200.50
      09-25-2021, 12:43 AM   #2
gallagher
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post

I go in to have the break-in service for my M8GC Comp done and while waiting I see this glistening blue thing in the distance. I go over and see it and think man this thing looks good. My typical rule is when I have to keep looking at a car I need it. After about 10 laps around the car I had to ask on it.

I've bought 3 M cars from this dealership and being I wasn't searching for a vehicle I wasn't going to get raked over on the #s and having quite a few cars I was was willing to get rid of my Hellcat Durango which frankly was lacking in many areas(including performance as I feel it's slow) and honestly it's for my wife and she has an X7 M50i and the Hellcat Durango and didnt really need 2 3 row vehicles. So I approached the SA and the things stickered as normal in the mid $80k and went for a drive.

Now I drive hard and I mean beyond what most are comfortable at speed wise and have been over 200mph many times and while we were there he actually introduced me to the regional head of BMW genius and I quote "Kevin's the only customer we really have that drives all his M cars the way they're supposed to be" lol. Keep in mind I'm there getting the break-in for my M8GC Comp yet it's already seen 180ish on the dash prior once it hit 1200miles of course.

So we proceed for a test drive and wow, great comfort(I'm 6'5"), great space, feel, fit and finish, so what's it perform like? I double tap M2 and the sales rep says "remember there's a break-in period" so I chuckle and let him know I'll play nice and what accounts to essentially a game of just the tip touching the high 4k rpm range in trans setting 2. I can feel it wants to run, and turn, and frankly it feel like an absolutely well balanced car. Much better driving and handling than the 2021 X6M Comp I sold to them when getting my M8GC Comp. I was sold.

Once we got back he informed me that corporate had initiated a mandatory $5k mark up on the M cars. I told him look, I'm not paying any dealer markup and not taking a dime less than $90k for my Hellcat Durango (it's sticker was $87k, and they're selling for over $100-110k). He comes back to me with this.... $90.5k for my Durango Hellcat with 3k miles and no mark up and all extended warranties sold to me at cost due to my uncanny frequency of purchases.

Winner winner as they say. The dealer moves a unit they have for less than 24hrs and I unload a highly sought after turd of a vehicle imo (It's OK I have a highly modified TRX and Demon so I still love me some some Hellcat platforms), and my wife gets a fun grocery getter.

So with all that said...... it's a 2022. Is BM3 an option for them yet due to ecu lock or do I need to just stick with racechips for now? Also what's recommended for exhaust? It sounds a bit to much like a hair dryer for my liking. Lol
May I ask, what is your profession?
Appreciate 1
LeopardM3232.50
      09-25-2021, 10:28 AM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Congrats on the new ride.
Somehow that front end looks very good at that angle.

Been debating to upgrade to the LCI or F95 X5M or F96 X6M next year.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 03:22 PM   #4
Derek.H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post

x5m for sure inside looks amazing
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      09-25-2021, 03:24 PM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek.H View Post
Quote:

x5m for sure inside looks amazing
The dilemma.
I also have G05 X5. Interior wise looks the same, just the two front seats.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 03:43 PM   #6
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Honestly the front looks like a smaller version of the X7 which I'm more partial to. I've for some reason never been fond of X5s.

Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12805.00
      09-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #7
Gsavarese
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:

Man after my own heart. I aspire to the M8GC. Loved my M6GC. Traded it for my X3MC for the AWD. 560hp is too much for RWD

Your 22 DME is locked and there’s some sketchy way to unlock (sending to Russia for a bench unlock etc) but I don’t see many of us going for it. I have a Racechip GTS I’m happy with. As for exhaust sound I think a midpipe is way to go from a cost/benefit standpoint

Best of luck!
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12805.00
bSwiazzy200.50
      09-25-2021, 09:44 PM   #8
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagher View Post
May I ask, what is your profession?
Roofing
Appreciate 2
Oldgixxer1688.00
LeopardM3232.50
      09-25-2021, 11:28 PM   #9
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Roofing
Plumber/pipe welder here(retired). Glad to see another Blue Collar Trade among us,I was getting lonely
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 3
      09-26-2021, 10:45 AM   #10
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Plumber/pipe welder here(retired). Glad to see another Blue Collar Trade among us,I was getting lonely
Lol. I think it's entertaining how many millionaire(and billionaire) Rednecks are here in Texas. Good freind who passed was worth $5 billion at time of passing covered head to toe in tats with shagy hair. He started as a natural gas tech and worked to owning one of the largest completions companies in North America. He was a hard-core geared and I'll never for get him having the first UGR built TT Aventador making nearly 2100hp at the wheels. Sadly people would be easily judged by people by his looks and profession, but attitudes would change when they saw his rides.

I hate exotic cars passionately, but the sheer brute power abilities of Mopars combined with how proven their platforms are is intoxicating. Then BMWs are just fantastic for what they come packaged as and the linear power delivery and handling is unparalleled IMHO. Had a financial advisor ask me once "why not look at Porsche?" My response was simple... Porsche's have their place, just not in my driveway lol.

Although I'm love my fast diesel trucks( have 2 that run low 11s, and an old build that ran in the 9s) it's entertaining when I'm checking in with my customers and the whole looks can be deceiving when you show up in cars like the M8GC and have a customer say "you make too much money" and simply respond..... nope I make what I'm worth because nobody else wanted to do it.

Trades are forever and the true backbone of an economy. Tech, pharma, and many other fields are reliant on trades for without people willing to work with their hands they have no product to push or sell.
Appreciate 7
Poffman493.00
Oldgixxer1688.00
X3MCRN174.50
LeopardM3232.50
bSwiazzy200.50
FrankieNuo1210.00
eddesq16.50
      09-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #11
SoCalX3M-Bro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M LCI Brookly Gray

Quote:

Great Job!

You Don't need an exhaust.

Get the RG-Sport/ER Mid-pipe. Will make her breathe and sound WAY BETTER.

Racechip is the only option as of now. Still transforms the car.
      09-26-2021, 10:19 PM   #12
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:

“Much better driving and handling than the 2021 X6M Comp“

Interesting comment.

Can you add to the comparison ?

Wife’s X3MC is due an upgrade next year and it’s between another X3MC or X5MC. Just spent a day in a X6Msport 50i. Not a pure M , but M ish. Definitely felt heavier and much less connected in the curves. Interior leather, etc was very impressive. Seats were also.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 11:08 PM   #13
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
“Much better driving and handling than the 2021 X6M Comp“

Interesting comment.

Can you add to the comparison ?

Wife’s X3MC is due an upgrade next year and it’s between another X3MC or X5MC. Just spent a day in a X6Msport 50i. Not a pure M , but M ish. Definitely felt heavier and much less connected in the curves. Interior leather, etc was very impressive. Seats were also.
Don't get me wrong the X6m Comp was and is great(my original BMW crush was an E71). The weight of the X6m is very noticeable and honestly felt its size in turns as you speak was very felt including roll. It wasn't this way with the E71 and that thing was so planted it was dumb. Fit and finish its great and especially if equipped with the Carbon interior trim its absolutely dripping with Carbon. Our was Donnington Grey with Shadowline and Carbon interior with the black/ yellow interior. The level of sportiness was very defined with that combination and wouldn't want it any other way.

If still looking at the X3Ms when time comes definitely look at the 2022 refresh. Very well done and perfect balance of form and function. It really comes down to her drying style.

The X7 M50i for example is an absolute beast. When I built her current one which is mineral white/ Ivory on navy interior, ash trim all the bells and whistles except tow package we went ahead and opted for the dynamic steering which articulates all the wheels into the turns.

Hands down phenomenally well mastering of turn with the X7 M50i and pin point precision in curves that in some ways rivals the M8 GC.

Took a bit of getting used to at first since it can turn so sharply you have to be careful to not over steer when first getting used to it.

Overall in comparing all around winner of comfort, performance, interior options, ect..... of all them the X7 M50i with Dynamic steering is easily the winner, and I've ran a 12.3 with it which is plenty for what it is. Plus it has a great exhaust not..... actually sounds better than the X6m competition did aswell.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 11:27 PM   #14
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Don't get me wrong the X6m Comp was and is great(my original BMW crush was an E71). The weight of the X6m is very noticeable and honestly felt its size in turns as you speak was very felt including roll. It wasn't this way with the E71 and that thing was so planted it was dumb. Fit and finish its great and especially if equipped with the Carbon interior trim its absolutely dripping with Carbon. Our was Donnington Grey with Shadowline and Carbon interior with the black/ yellow interior. The level of sportiness was very defined with that combination and wouldn't want it any other way.

If still looking at the X3Ms when time comes definitely look at the 2022 refresh. Very well done and perfect balance of form and function. It really comes down to her drying style.

The X7 M50i for example is an absolute beast. When I built her current one which is mineral white/ Ivory on navy interior, ash trim all the bells and whistles except tow package we went ahead and opted for the dynamic steering which articulates all the wheels into the turns.

Hands down phenomenally well mastering of turn with the X7 M50i and pin point precision in curves that in some ways rivals the M8 GC.

Took a bit of getting used to at first since it can turn so sharply you have to be careful to not over steer when first getting used to it.

Overall in comparing all around winner of comfort, performance, interior options, ect..... of all them the X7 M50i with Dynamic steering is easily the winner, and I've ran a 12.3 with it which is plenty for what it is. Plus it has a great exhaust not..... actually sounds better than the X6m competition did aswell.
Thanks for the insights.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:13 PM   #15
gallagher
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Roofing
Business must be good! Congrats on the fleet. I’d probably drive my M8 GC C
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 11:18 PM   #16
M4Ghost
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Quote:
Quote:

Honestly the front looks like a smaller version of the X7 which I'm more partial to. I've for some reason never been fond of X5s.

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/25cwrLF/20210925-154202.jpg[/IMG]
Crying in poorness
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1210.00
      09-30-2021, 04:39 PM   #17
LeopardM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 M3, '20 X3MC, '03 540i MSp

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

I love this color so much.
2003 540i MSport
1991 Red 318i (M50B25 engine swap)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 05:02 PM   #18
bSwiazzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
Lol. I think it's entertaining how many millionaire(and billionaire) Rednecks are here in Texas. Good freind who passed was worth $5 billion at time of passing covered head to toe in tats with shagy hair. He started as a natural gas tech and worked to owning one of the largest completions companies in North America. He was a hard-core geared and I'll never for get him having the first UGR built TT Aventador making nearly 2100hp at the wheels. Sadly people would be easily judged by people by his looks and profession, but attitudes would change when they saw his rides.

I hate exotic cars passionately, but the sheer brute power abilities of Mopars combined with how proven their platforms are is intoxicating. Then BMWs are just fantastic for what they come packaged as and the linear power delivery and handling is unparalleled IMHO. Had a financial advisor ask me once "why not look at Porsche?" My response was simple... Porsche's have their place, just not in my driveway lol.

Although I'm love my fast diesel trucks( have 2 that run low 11s, and an old build that ran in the 9s) it's entertaining when I'm checking in with my customers and the whole looks can be deceiving when you show up in cars like the M8GC and have a customer say "you make too much money" and simply respond..... nope I make what I'm worth because nobody else wanted to do it.

Trades are forever and the true backbone of an economy. Tech, pharma, and many other fields are reliant on trades for without people willing to work with their hands they have no product to push or sell.

love that brotha

i say this to alot of people who want to have expensive shit

"if it were easy then everybody would do it!"
2021 X3M // RGSport Midpipe + MSS + RaceChipGTS // Retired
2016 Rav4
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 09:09 PM   #19
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopardM3 View Post
I love this color so much.
The way MBB hits in all lighting is just wow.

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 11:14 PM   #20
Klazu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3M Competition

I tip my hat off for your enthusiasm and posts. Enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0