BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-22-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
JDsX3
Photojournalist, Tech & Product Analyst
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, i4, Corvette Stingray

A review of NxTGEN blind spot mirrors designed for BMW

I just completed a review of the NxTGEN blind spot mirrors designed for our BMWs. In a word they are brilliant

NxTGEN mirrors are significantly different from other after market blind spot mirrors in several ways:
-they are specifically made for our BMWs and shaped to match the contours of our OEM mirrors
-they are made of real glass
-the scale, ratio and curvature of the glass is researched and designed to provide an ultra-clear continuous image despite being actually a combination of nine planes refined to capture all of the blind zone

I conducted pre and post NxTGEN mirror tests of the normal blind zones with my mirrors set to the recommended SAE settings. I was amazed at how much more you could see in the driver side, which IMO, eliminated all of the blind zone.

For my full review please see https://insight.daumphotography.com/...-spot-mirrors/
Attached Images

Current:2024 i4 Mineral White Metallic with Blue Exterior Accents, Canberra Beige Perforated SensaTec, Premium Package, Driving Assistance Pro Package, Drive Recorder. 2019 X3 Mineral White Metallic, Caberra Beige interior with most options. Corvette Stingray Arctic White w red interior.
Past:2002 Z3, Corvette Stingray and about 40 other cars

Last edited by JDsX3; 09-22-2021 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: removed link to vendor
Appreciate 5
      09-24-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
VWAudi2BMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: drei BMWs

Great review! I have had their upper ones on our i3 for about 2 years and the lower ones on our X3 for a few weeks. They both took a little getting used to at first. I would keep making little adjustments until I found the perfect position, and I probably hit memory 1 to relearn the position about 20 times the first week

Now I could not image driving without them. I look in the drivers one more than any other mirror during regular driving. I have had a few issues on the road when I needed to move over and make a split second move to avoid damaging my car or being in an accident. If I have one place to look, that's the spot, because it is clear enough to see what is actually going on (unlike most stick on mirrors). And I can see a similar amount as both the usual side mirror and the rear mirror all in one area.
Sedan
Lots of burbles and POPS
Appreciate 1
JDsX3486.00
      09-24-2021, 03:16 PM   #3
JDsX3
Photojournalist, Tech & Product Analyst
Rep
Drives: BMW X3, i4, Corvette Stingray

Thanks for the feedback VWAudi2BMW and confirmation of what I have experienced.
Current:2024 i4 Mineral White Metallic with Blue Exterior Accents, Canberra Beige Perforated SensaTec, Premium Package, Driving Assistance Pro Package, Drive Recorder. 2019 X3 Mineral White Metallic, Caberra Beige interior with most options. Corvette Stingray Arctic White w red interior.
Past:2002 Z3, Corvette Stingray and about 40 other cars
Appreciate 0