BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-01-2021, 05:29 PM   #111
X3MCRN
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Chip shortage

Seems like the chip shortage isn't affecting BMW much

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...le-2021-05-07/
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 06:05 PM   #112
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 3 series 328Xi

f82fanatic: Thanks Saw that too on original press release - as well as German configurator. Will await the real one - but everytime I go into you tube with that color - its outstanding. Only offered on M's.
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      07-01-2021, 06:26 PM   #113
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

I agree, Marina Bay looks very nice, I am torn between it and Brooklyn Grey, I keep on going back and forth in the German configurator trying to decide...I did not know that MB was only offered on M's, I wonder if that is also the case for BG?
I come from having a Sakhir Orange M3, that color was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesnewbmw View Post
f82fanatic: Thanks Saw that too on original press release - as well as German configurator. Will await the real one - but everytime I go into you tube with that color - its outstanding. Only offered on M's.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 06:52 PM   #114
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
I agree, Marina Bay looks very nice, I am torn between it and Brooklyn Grey, I keep on going back and forth in the German configurator trying to decide...I did not know that MB was only offered on M's, I wonder if that is also the case for BG?

Quote:
Both of those look awesome, but if I were going with the red inside, I'd pick the grey.

I was set on the tartufo interior coming from an amaro brown. And I like the combination with the blue.

But I'd take any of these too. Love them.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 07:09 PM   #115
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Yea, I am leaning towards the BG with the Sakhir interior, I think if I went with the MB I would do the interior with the two colors and the alcantara. The Tartufo is also very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Both of those look awesome, but if I were going with the red inside, I'd pick the grey.

I was set on the tartufo interior coming from an amaro brown. And I like the combination with the blue.

But I'd take any of these too. Love them.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:15 PM   #116
Baylorguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: On Order: 2022 X3M, ZCP, Exec

Quote:
Came down to those two colors for me and I went with bg in honor of the nardo gray of the Audi RS3 I just sold. I think it looks menacing with the extended shadow line trim that comes with the competition package. Can't go wrong either way. I will say I think Mb goes better with the chrome trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 05:47 AM   #117
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:

Quote:
MB looks good, but I've had a string of blue BMW's and my SMB f80 was by far the best of them, that was a simply stunning colour.

So, I'm going BG, my first encounter if the G80 was in BG and it's a very very nice colour, and very 'current'

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 08:50 AM   #118
taxibummin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC BGM & Sakhir

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere yet, but my dealer gave me exclusive color options on the 2022's: ($4500 option)

- Frozen Black Metallic (U91)
- Frozen Marina Bay Blue Metallic (P5T)
- Grigio Telesto Pearl Metallic (P6M)
- Ruby Red II Metallic (S03)
- Urban Green (A04)
- Malachite Green Metallic (205)
- Nardo Grey (P6K)
- Frozen Deep Grey Metallic (P7X)

Still not ordering guides or allocations yet but hopefully something next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 09:01 AM   #119
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Thanks for the info!

The Frozen MarinaBB looks incredible on the X3M press release car, but $4500?! For me, I rather spend the money on Xpel and Ceramic coating which I highly recommend if you are going to keep the car for a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxibummin View Post
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere yet, but my dealer gave me exclusive color options on the 2022's: ($4500 option)

- Frozen Black Metallic (U91)
- Frozen Marina Bay Blue Metallic (P5T)
- Grigio Telesto Pearl Metallic (P6M)
- Ruby Red II Metallic (S03)
- Urban Green (A04)
- Malachite Green Metallic (205)
- Nardo Grey (P6K)
- Frozen Deep Grey Metallic (P7X)

Still not ordering guides or allocations yet but hopefully something next week.
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN175.50
      07-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #120
wifesnewbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 3 series 328Xi

Thanks for $4,500 color options from taxibummin - thats more than absurd - even for X3M/X4M. I have said elsewhere - before opting for a "frozen" color - beware scratches can't be buffed out - they will shine - and extraordinarily difficult - even for pro - to match when spraying a panel. Watch a couple of videos on this which will prove the point. Hope you V8MAN or f82fanatic can' t get the order guide/price guide shortly.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #121
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for $4,500 color options from taxibummin - thats more than absurd - even for X3M/X4M. I have said elsewhere - before opting for a "frozen" color - beware scratches can't be buffed out - they will shine - and extraordinarily difficult - even for pro - to match when spraying a panel. Watch a couple of videos on this which will prove the point. Hope you V8MAN or f82fanatic can' t get the order guide/price guide shortly.
Let's see, I'll let you guys know when the order guides arrive.

There's no chance I change my color at those price points though. They are charged at full individual color options (from what I recall, the first time somebody created a color the price is close to 7k, 5k afterwards. At least that was the M3 2018 structure).

I had tanzanite in my previous car and paid around 2k versus the standard 550. It wasn't that big of a difference. And frankly, the M3 standard colors sucked. The X3M colors are actually pretty good in my opinion love BG, MB, even CB would look great.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 09:58 AM   #122
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Let's see, I'll let you guys know when the order guides arrive.

There's no chance I change my color at those price points though. They are charged at full individual color options (from what I recall, the first time somebody created a color the price is close to 7k, 5k afterwards. At least that was the M3 2018 structure).

I had tanzanite in my previous car and paid around 2k versus the standard 550. It wasn't that big of a difference. And frankly, the M3 standard colors sucked. The X3M colors are actually pretty good in my opinion love BG, MB, even CB would look great.
Forgot to mention. Dad used to have a frozen black M3. PITA to maintain, not worth it in my opinion. It got "glossy" after a while. Maybe somebody messed it up? In any case, not looking for that kind of headache…
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #123
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

I'll give BMW credit for the color options - this is the best color mix I've seen in a long time.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:09 AM   #124
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Agree, frozen colors are a no no for me, I rather wrap the car with something like Xpel Stealth and achieve a very similar look that will actually protect the paint, but the price point for that is pretty darn high also.

Believe me, I have been a squeaky wheel with this order guide/price stuff, at this point I don't think we are getting anything today since we are heading into the 4th of July Holiday. I am trying to be patient but man this is killing me, I want to place this order already!

Quote:
Appreciate 1
X3MCRN175.50
      07-02-2021, 10:22 AM   #125
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
I'll give BMW credit for the color options - this is the best color mix I've seen in a long time.
You mean the standard colors or the exclusive colors?

I agree that the standard palette Is very good.

The exclusive ones you already had them on the German built Ms before. You could pick whatever you wanted (that had already been used to paint another individual car) for 5k.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:24 AM   #126
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Agree, frozen colors are a no no for me, I rather wrap the car with something like Xpel Stealth and achieve a very similar look that will actually protect the paint, but the price point for that is pretty darn high also.

Believe me, I have been a squeaky wheel with this order guide/price stuff, at this point I don't think we are getting anything today since we are heading into the 4th of July Holiday. I am trying to be patient but man this is killing me, I want to place this order already!

Quote:
Do you have your allocation? Just place it and make changes afterwards if you need to. St least you'll get the picture and a timeline that doesn't move at all 🤣
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #127
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Quote:

The exclusive ones you already had them on the German built Ms before. You could pick whatever you wanted (that had already been used to paint another individual car) for 5k.
I didn't think the Individual color program was available on the X3M?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:36 AM   #128
V8MAN
Captain
Rep

Supposedly I do, but my CA recommended we wait for the order/price guide so the dust can settle on what is available, not available, etc due to what is going on with these car industry issues, plus we would also have more concrete info on what available programs would be in place that way we can solidify everything at one time when placing the order.

Quote:
Do you have your allocation? Just place it and make changes afterwards if you need to. St least you'll get the picture and a timeline that doesn't move at all 🤣
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:54 AM   #129
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't think the Individual color program was available on the X3M?
It wasn't before, but all these "exclusive" colors seem to be individual colors. They're being charged as such (almost same price).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 10:56 AM   #130
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

Quote:
Supposedly I do, but my CA recommended we wait for the order/price guide so the dust can settle on what is available, not available, etc due to what is going on with these car industry issues, plus we would also have more concrete info on what available programs would be in place that way we can solidify everything at one time when placing the order.

Quote:
Got it!

FYI, new programs available here.

Official X3M / X4M Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1620929

Not that bad. 56% 36/10 residual. Only $500 loyalty. No word on MF yet, I'll start looking around to see if I find anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:00 AM   #131
f82fanatic
Major
Rep

On other news…

Just called BMW with my production number for more details:

- ordering guide still unavailable

Build process:
- week 31 production for my car, which is July25-31 apparently.
- build time is probably 1-2 weeks
- after that it's taken via train to the final processing center
- subsequently, taken via truck to dealership.

A rough estimate, if everything works as planned, is that my car will be at the dealership by mid to late august.

If you want to find out about your cars, call 1-800-831-1117. Say "vehicle production status" when prompted.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #132
ngc_choop
Rep
Drives: '22 X3M Comp '20 MK5 Supra

Set to be built in Week 31 .

'22 X3M Competition
Brooklyn Grey Metallic
Tartufo Extended Merino Leather
Exec Package
892M Wheels

Was unable to add the Laser Lights and change our brake caliper color but hoping we have the option before it goes into production!

Also, got the $500 off from loyalty discount!
Appreciate 0