BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-19-2022, 08:51 AM   #1
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
Anyone a Caldera hot tub owner

So I figure a handful of you crazy kids have a hot tub at home. Had an interesting question. Moved into a new home recently, and it came with a nice Caldera Cantabria.

I have been working to get it ready to fill and open, which included getting a new cover since the one that is there right now is completely water logged and cracking... While I wait for that cover, I have been cleaning the tub, and getting some of the required maintenance stuff.

As i was removing the filter, the darn standpipe snapped in half, which shows me that they hadn't been using it for a bit. I ended up getting a new filter, and a new standpipe, but noticed something very interesting. The standpipe sits in the filter basin crooked. It looks like the PVC connection at the bottom of the basin is sitting at an angle.

Now i'm still able to get the filter to slide over the pipe, and screw on the standpipe cap, but it worries me that this is recipe for a leak.

Anyone ever run into this before? Going to try calling one of the local dealers to see if they can come out to take a peek and possibly repair.
      05-19-2022, 10:05 AM   #2
CrownGlass
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i 2008, 335d 2011

I have the same spa model, just not sure of year.

The pipe my filter slides onto is vertical, no angle. If angled, the filter would not sit properly and seal to bottom of filter area.
Appreciate 0