BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-18-2022, 03:12 PM   #1
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard Defamation Trial

Anyone else following it?

Frankly, I don't really care for either individual as I don't know any of them personally. I do care about the verdict and hope they get it correct. However, I caught a YouTube video of the trial and now I'm in a black hole. It's so damn entertaining, more so than anything on TV in my opinion. Amber Heard seems batshit crazy, her legal team is childishly unprepared (maybe because of who they're representing and what they're dealing with), Johnny Depp is super charming on the stand, and his psychologist witness is stunning.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 03:17 PM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

I've looked at this from time to time with some of the details, boy! Depp chose the wrong one there.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 03:18 PM   #3
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

I've watched more than I care to admit (actually listen to it while working ). Anyway, I think - rather it's clear Depp is a drug addict and buddies with mega cringe worthy Marilyn Manson… I think there was never a chance of their relationship working - its clear they both had their moments - it's clear Depp was very generous to Heard and Heards friends & family.
I do think there was likely abuse - and that Depp is likely a diff person when he's high - as most are. I don't feel sorry for either of them - and it is amazing how much personal info has been shared. If I had to pick a bigger scumbag of the 2 I lean toward Depp given the age and life experience discrepancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 03:18 PM   #4
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I've looked at this from time to time with some of the details, boy! Depp chose the wrong one there.
That seems to be the consensus.
      05-18-2022, 03:20 PM   #5
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Guess Elon chose the wrong one too…. Depp and Elon must both be crazy to mess with Texas.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 03:25 PM   #6
whofelt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340ix

She’s not mentally stable, her facial expressions and reactions seem fake . She doesn’t think she did anything wrong and it’s border line a psychopath. Definitely not one you bring home to momma.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 03:33 PM   #7
dtox9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25-X

I've stayed away from any of it..............
But it keeps popping up all over the place, so now it has actually turned into a purposeful effort not to pay attention - haha

Is it really that addicting ? (pardon the pun)
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 03:55 PM   #8
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
It’s like a train wreck. You just have to look. I have not followed it other than clips I see on the news. I do sometimes read things that pop up in my news feed if the title sucks me in. It’s pretty sad. How dysfunctional?!?!? They are both guilty of poor behavior but I honestly think she is a psycho manipulative bitch.
      05-18-2022, 04:07 PM   #9
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Clearly none of y'all have ever dated an actor/actress.

They are manipulative by nature and liars by trade. In a relationship with a drug addict who isn't interested in reality (which is fine btw), if they fought he could just go to his other mansion. He had way more power - and I'm sure he flexed that power a lot. I'm sure she wanted more than he had any interest in giving and when she didn't get her way - which often husbands will allow for - she probably would poke the bear…. the only problem there is the bear was Johnny Depp. A guy who doesn't have to take sh*t from anyone.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?"

Well when that woman is a celebrity actress from working class Texas - guess what - you're gonna get the witchy side.

Depp has turned and burned many actresses. Heard is a child in comparison. Depp has a massive PR firm telling ppl who have only casually engaged how to feel about it and most ppl are buying it. I know it's fun fodder but if Heard is being 25% honest - then screw'm. I've got low tolerance for a millionaire who loves coke and is physically abusive.

They should have done a lot of things different - Heard very well may have used the hell out of Depp, we'll never completely know for sure.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113229.00
      05-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #10
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Clearly none of y'all have ever dated an actor/actress.

They are manipulative by nature and liars by trade. In a relationship with a drug addict who isn't interested in reality (which is fine btw), if they fought he could just go to his other mansion. He had way more power - and I'm sure he flexed that power a lot. I'm sure she wanted more than he had any interest in giving and when she didn't get her way - which often husbands will allow for - she probably would poke the bear…. the only problem there is the bear was Johnny Depp. A guy who doesn't have to take sh*t from anyone.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?"

Well when that woman is a celebrity actress from working class Texas - guess what - you're gonna get the witchy side.

Depp has turned and burned many actresses. Heard is a child in comparison. Depp has a massive PR firm telling ppl who have only casually engaged how to feel about it and most ppl are buying it. I know it's fun fodder but if Heard is being 25% honest - then screw'm. I've got low tolerance for a millionaire who loves coke and is physically abusive.

They should have done a lot of things different - Heard very well may have used the hell out of Depp, we'll never completely know for sure.
I'm with you. They both seem abusive and at fault. I have no idea why people love Johnny Depp (well, I do) but it's pathetic the lengths people are going to worship this dude. He's an actor, not Ghandi.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #11
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
I'm with you. They both seem abusive and at fault. I have no idea why people love Johnny Depp (well, I do) but it's pathetic the lengths people are going to worship this dude. He's an actor, not Ghandi.
I agree. Neither of them are great people, but people are basically picking the lesser of two shitty people and worshipping them. I heard that someone spent tens of thousands of dollars to be outside of the courthouse to "support" Johnny Depp. It's astonishing.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 04:45 PM   #12
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox9 View Post
I've stayed away from any of it..............
But it keeps popping up all over the place, so now it has actually turned into a purposeful effort not to pay attention - haha

Is it really that addicting ? (pardon the pun)
It got me hooked from an entertainment perspective. The drama involved can't be written in any script.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 04:49 PM   #13
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
It boggles my brain that people are so obsessed with celebrities behaving badly. There was that Kardashian vs Black Chyna (sp) going on at the same time. WTF? These are worthy headines? There are so many other news worthy topics but people are obsessed with this nonsense. I don’t get it.
      05-18-2022, 05:02 PM   #14
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It helps them remember money, fame, beauty, etc etc doesn't solve life's problems it adds on more - usually… many ppl need that reminder imo. then you have those who just enjoy the schadenfreude of seeing A-listers fall from grace. TMZ, The Enquirer, The Daily Mail do pretty well financially I reckon for a reason.

This side of Depp is great

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3781.50
      05-18-2022, 05:05 PM   #15
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Couple of drama queens. I like Depp but too much booze/drugs will make you act a fool.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 05:27 PM   #16
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
It boggles my brain that people are so obsessed with celebrities behaving badly. There was that Kardashian vs Black Chyna (sp) going on at the same time. WTF? These are worthy headines? There are so many other news worthy topics but people are obsessed with this nonsense. I don’t get it.
I normally don't follow celebrity stuff. Don't care for it too much. I am guilty of following this story, though. But it's not so much the celebrity of it, it's more like a dramatic sitcom. I see it as any other show I would watch on TV.

I am proud to say I've never seen an episode of the Kardashians or any other similar show in my life. But if that's anyone's thing, you do you.
Appreciate 2
Tyga113229.00
cmyx6go15671.50
      05-18-2022, 05:45 PM   #17
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
I normally don't follow celebrity stuff. Don't care for it too much. I am guilty of following this story, though. But it's not so much the celebrity of it, it's more like a dramatic sitcom. I see it as any other show I would watch on TV.

I am proud to say I've never seen an episode of the Kardashians or any other similar show in my life. But if that's anyone's thing, you do you.
I’ve never watched an episode either but they had a trial running the same time which was in the headlines.

Last edited by cmyx6go; 05-19-2022 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 06:28 PM   #18
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

I first saw Amber in The Informers, which was a terrible movie, but it's quite worth watching for her scenes...

Anyway, I remember thinking, damn, I'd light my soul on fire for that. Guess Johnny had to do just that.

I like Johnny, I have a bit of a twisted movie preference, so he's one of my favorites.

I keep up on the trial, no surprises really, most know her cheese slid off her cracker long ago.
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2022, 06:44 PM   #19
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

when did you first become aware of the cheese sliding?

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 07:19 PM   #20
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Other than bothering to make a single post here I'm steering clear of that mess, who cares really? I guess Will Smith's fake slap heard around the world fizzled out so they gotta make up another distraction.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 08:57 AM   #21
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

The kind of men any Father would want their daughter to bring home for Turkey Day.

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 05-19-2022 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 12:15 PM   #22
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Aware of it but not following it. Unless they're paying my bills or impacting my life in any meaningful way, I don't really care about the personal lives of artificially important people. The situation sucks for them but that's their problem.