BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-11-2022, 04:09 PM   #1
devm69
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 e70 3.0 m sport

My IX3

Hi all, just wanted to share my experiences since I got my white msport pro back in December. First I think it looks great in white with the black windows and the 20 inch black and chrome alloys and went for the non blue option which I thought was a bit cheap looking, I love that it’s fully loaded and it drives much better than I was expecting, over the last 20 years or so I have had a mix of 3’s, 5’s and x5s and it is as fun to drive than all of them , love the one pedal driving. I was actually looking at etrons and or jags but think I made the right decision. I prefer the normal interior of the x3 over the Tesla minimalist look and having actual buttons and switches , but can use voice , touch screen, I drive , so many options. In the winter I have it plugged into home charger even if it doesn’t need charged so I can pre condition the battery which means I have a warm car and 100% of battery before heading off. So have had a couple of issues , the main one was the plastic inserts in the alloy’s which started to fade already, had all the inserts replaced under warranty and whilst in it was due a software update which took 2.5 hours, don’t know what’s changed as yet but once I do will let you know
Notice that it seems to have gained 20 miles more range or it’s just reporting differently , also I thought the Hans zimmer sounds you get with in sport mode is now there in comfort mode but not as loud.
Pros
Looks great
Performance, not as fast as other evs, but car feels balanced and fun to drive
The ride. Even in sport mode
1 pedal driving
Interior quality
Fully loaded
The my bmw app
The msport door lighting ( looks cool)

Cons
The faded alloys ( replaced under warranty)
Slow speed jerkiness when parking ( think that’s an electric thing over bmw )
Apple CarPlay can randomly start up itself when other media being used . Think could be my mobile issue over bmw
Range- never seen it more than 199 but meant to be 283
Appreciate 2
Rathian153.50
      05-12-2022, 04:12 AM   #2
bilbabon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ix3

Thats nice report of your car. I was watching video about top 10 new cars that have many problems, like new Skoda Octavia, Renault, Operl or Volvo that have huge problems with different things. Like electric or electronic not working. Problems with humidity in volvo etc, where people after driving like 1k kilometers have to return car to dealer for repairs. IX3 looks very good in comparison. Those are really minor problems that I read on forums.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 05:50 AM   #3
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Good write up, regarding the slow speed jerkiness, I had this but was to do with I had the auto hold button on, turned off and in my case it’s fine
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 08:40 AM   #4
SpaceRock
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Could we have some photos please?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 10:06 AM   #5
Archer-s
Captain
Rep
Drives: on order

Try parking in B mode to get rid of the jerkiness, only just started doing this myself and so far it seems better
Appreciate 0