BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-06-2022, 11:37 AM   #23
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The shadow View Post
Mine was ordered from dealer last September and I had to say my requirements and was told they secure a slot build of the same spec
Mine arrived in Southampton in late September.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 02:59 AM   #24
CactusDog
Rep
Drives: ix3

I can't help but feel that i'm experiencing some bad luck as compared with many of you lot. I ordered a MSport Pro in September and when emailing LexAutolease for an update on the delivery date the best they can suggest in expect the car between June and August or maybe October.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 03:30 AM   #25
handymanuk
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wh View Post
I had a call from the dealer on the 23rd March saying my car had been built and had left the factory (build code changed to 165) and delivery moved to week 21 (w/c May 23rd). After seeing China is locking down different areas I checked today to see if my car was still on track but expected delivery has slipped 2 weeks to week 23 (w/c June 6th). Code looks to stay at 165 until it arrived in Bremerhaven so no updated between leaving the factory and arriving in Europe unfortunately.
I think our cars could be on the same ship (whichever one that is). Mine is a company car via Arval. It went to status 9620 (at sea) on the 23rd of March and my delivery date has gone to the 6th of June now.

Mine is an M Sport Pro, Carbon Black with Black interior. Personally, I wanted a different colour spec, but we all know how it works, have to take what there is.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 03:58 AM   #26
Dave Wh
Rep
Drives: 540i Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by handymanuk View Post
I think our cars could be on the same ship (whichever one that is). Mine is a company car via Arval. It went to status 9620 (at sea) on the 23rd of March and my delivery date has gone to the 6th of June now.

Mine is an M Sport Pro, Carbon Black with Black interior. Personally, I wanted a different colour spec, but we all know how it works, have to take what there is.
I think yours must be ahead of mine. Do you know your build date?

Ships on the way (arrival Bremerhaven):

Docked 03/04 - Cepheus Leader - (23/2 in Dalian)
21/04 - Hestia Leader - (2/3 in Dalian)
29/04 - Dionysos Leader - (21/3 in Dalian)
03/05 - Garnet Leader - (1/4 in Dalian)

It's funny that when I contact Genius or the dealer they tell me that it is currently code 165 which is registered on the BMW systems as "At sea from the US to Bremerhaven". I have to laugh knowing it is built in China. I think 165 is a code for "Left factory complex" for the IX3
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 04:12 AM   #27
handymanuk
Private
Rep

I think my build week was the 8th of Feb.
I had 165 on 16th of March. I believe 165 is the same as 9000 below:

1100 Scheduled
1200 Scheduled for Production
5000 Confirmed for Production
5050 Chassis Number Allocated
5055 Confirmed by Production Control

5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete
5200 Paintshop Start
5260/5270 Paintshop Complete
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete

6000 Transfer to Distribution
8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9605 Pre EU port of exit.
9610/20/30/40/50/60 In Transit
9615/35/45 In Storage
9620 At sea
9630 Port of Entry
9650 Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
9660 Dispatched to BMW Dealership
9800 Arrived Dealer

These are what I've found online.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 05:00 AM   #28
BMW_MAD
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 Msport Pro & 98 E36 M3 Evo

Garage List
2016 330e  [0.00]
1998 BMW E36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

It's funny that when I contact Genius or the dealer they tell me that it is currently code 165 which is registered on the BMW systems as "At sea from the US to Bremerhaven". I have to laugh knowing it is built in China. I think 165 is a code for "Left factory complex" for the IX3
I think mine also could be on the same boat. I had 165 on 16th March. Last update I had was it should be with me in May.... I guess that's slipped now.

Starting to get a little excited now.

Si
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 05:48 AM   #29
Dave Wh
Rep

Those are the old codes.

The new codes are: -

0 Order deleted by BMW
17 Order not specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production.
Up to this point you can usually make changes to your order. Once it goes into the next status, 150, the vehicle is already on the assembly line and cannot be changed.
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival

Note that 165 is not on the list which mine has been sat at since 18/3. I think it hits code 168 when it arrives in Bremerhaven.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 06:33 AM   #30
Dave Wh
Rep

BTW - If you have your VIN and want to see build date/options fitted to the car you can enter you VIN here. https://www.mdecoder.com/

Entered mine and as feared the passenger lumber adjustment has been deleted.

S48Z DEL.FR.PASS.LUMBAR SUPP./FR.PASS.BWA.

My order does however say "Front Lumbar Support" on the order form so I wonder if the dealer will compensate for it being not being on the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 05:51 AM   #31
Dave Wh
Rep

BMW Build Codes

For anyone who has a car on order and is tracking it, below are the BMW Build codes and descriptions.

My car was built on the 18/3 and sat at 168 until 7/4 when it changed to 195. So it looks like 168 is left plant and on its way to the port. Status 195 is on a ship from China. Currently looking at week 23 dealer delivery (w/c June 6th).

000 Order is cancelled
017 Order registered without quota - dummy model (master data not released); not confirmed and not scheduled [Order not specified]
027 Order registered without quota - outside the ordering time window; not confirmed and not scheduled
037 Order registered without quota - technical approval is missing; not confirmed and not scheduled
047 Order registered without quota - no quota in the entire planning period; not confirmed and not scheduled [Order bank request entered]
057 Order booked with quota - technical approval is missing; not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Spec. not released - available quota]
087 Order booked with quota - sales release is missing (e.g. for large customers); not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Order not released for production]
097 Order booked with quota - transfer to the central system is not carried out online; not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Transmission to AG - confirmation pending]
102 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; Special request not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Special request order received - AG]
105 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; not yet confirmed due to capacity limits and not scheduled [No production week available]
111 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; capacity checked production date is confirmed [Order Received]
112 Order for daily package planning (production) provided [Scheduled for Production]
150 Planning of bodyshell / display of chassis number and F2 date [Production begins/Production started] [Shell = "Body in White"]
151 Receipt of shell / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 date [Exterior body assembly begins/Entry body shop-serial # assign]
152 Receipt of paint shop / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 appointment [In the paint booth/Entry paint shop]
153 Receipt of assembly / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 appointment [Entering Assembly Line/Entry assembly]
154 Final assembly / inspection and, if necessary, correction of the F2 date [Assembly in progress/Assembly]
155 End of assembly (F1) and final inspection / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 date [Quality Check, Production completed, Final Assembly/Assembly finish-quality check]
160 Vehicle handover from the factory to sales / determination of F2 date (actual) / initiation of invoice and registration document creation transit [Released to Distribution, Ready For Transport/Vehicle handover to sales]
165 Factory exit and transit [In transit - Plant of Manufacture to Port of Departure]
168 BMW Group factory warehouse [AG Stock]
170 Vehicle intended for workshop cycle (BMW Welt car pick-up / retrofitting / direct sales + vehicle fleet/waiting for workshop)[Vehicle planned for workshop]
172 Vehicle scheduled for workshop run (Workshop planned)
174 Vehicle in the workshop run (Workshop entry)
176 Exit workshop - vehicle is ready (Workshop Complete)
180 Waiting For Export Dispatch [Vehicle awaiting release of consign.]
181 Handover to shipping (at foreign plant: port of destination) / vehicle is in the central brokerage warehouse) [Handover to Distribution/Dispatched from factory, Waiting for Domestic Dispatch]
182 Handover to freight forwarder - vehicle is loaded (Schedule for Carrier) [Handover to Carrier/Load Assignment]
190 Vehicle has left the factory (at the foreign plant: transshipment warehouse) / exit from the central brokerage center (In transit to port of exit) [Dispatched from AG]
191 Goods receipt BMW Group (retrieval of an already delivered vehicle with corresponding invoice credit, returned to BMW AG)[Returned to AG]
193 Entrance to the forwarding warehouse (car) [Arrived at Port of exit]
195 Exit warehouse (car) (Shipped from Port of Exit) [In transit]
196 Shipment Arrival
198 Entrance to the dealer warehouse [At the Dealership]
199 Delivery to BMW Welt for self-collectors / direct sales / fleet entrance [Handover to Customer in Munich]
295 Approval of demonstration and fleet vehicles (note the bonus-relevant registration deadlines)
298 Registration or delivery notification by retailers to end customers (note the relevant registration deadlines)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 09:38 AM   #32
Lookback
Registered
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
For anyone who has a car on order and is tracking it, below are the BMW Build codes and descriptions.

My car was built on the 18/3 and sat at 168 until 7/4 when it changed to 195. So it looks like 168 is left plant and on its way to the port. Status 195 is on a ship from China. Currently looking at week 23 dealer delivery (w/c June 6th).

000 Order is cancelled
017 Order registered without quota - dummy model (master data not released); not confirmed and not scheduled [Order not specified]
027 Order registered without quota - outside the ordering time window; not confirmed and not scheduled
037 Order registered without quota - technical approval is missing; not confirmed and not scheduled
047 Order registered without quota - no quota in the entire planning period; not confirmed and not scheduled [Order bank request entered]
057 Order booked with quota - technical approval is missing; not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Spec. not released - available quota]
087 Order booked with quota - sales release is missing (e.g. for large customers); not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Order not released for production]
097 Order booked with quota - transfer to the central system is not carried out online; not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Transmission to AG - confirmation pending]
102 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; Special request not yet confirmed and not scheduled [Special request order received - AG]
105 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; not yet confirmed due to capacity limits and not scheduled [No production week available]
111 Order booked with quota - transferred to the central system; capacity checked production date is confirmed [Order Received]
112 Order for daily package planning (production) provided [Scheduled for Production]
150 Planning of bodyshell / display of chassis number and F2 date [Production begins/Production started] [Shell = "Body in White"]
151 Receipt of shell / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 date [Exterior body assembly begins/Entry body shop-serial # assign]
152 Receipt of paint shop / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 appointment [In the paint booth/Entry paint shop]
153 Receipt of assembly / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 appointment [Entering Assembly Line/Entry assembly]
154 Final assembly / inspection and, if necessary, correction of the F2 date [Assembly in progress/Assembly]
155 End of assembly (F1) and final inspection / review and, if necessary, correction of F2 date [Quality Check, Production completed, Final Assembly/Assembly finish-quality check]
160 Vehicle handover from the factory to sales / determination of F2 date (actual) / initiation of invoice and registration document creation transit [Released to Distribution, Ready For Transport/Vehicle handover to sales]
165 Factory exit and transit [In transit - Plant of Manufacture to Port of Departure]
168 BMW Group factory warehouse [AG Stock]
170 Vehicle intended for workshop cycle (BMW Welt car pick-up / retrofitting / direct sales + vehicle fleet/waiting for workshop)[Vehicle planned for workshop]
172 Vehicle scheduled for workshop run (Workshop planned)
174 Vehicle in the workshop run (Workshop entry)
176 Exit workshop - vehicle is ready (Workshop Complete)
180 Waiting For Export Dispatch [Vehicle awaiting release of consign.]
181 Handover to shipping (at foreign plant: port of destination) / vehicle is in the central brokerage warehouse) [Handover to Distribution/Dispatched from factory, Waiting for Domestic Dispatch]
182 Handover to freight forwarder - vehicle is loaded (Schedule for Carrier) [Handover to Carrier/Load Assignment]
190 Vehicle has left the factory (at the foreign plant: transshipment warehouse) / exit from the central brokerage center (In transit to port of exit) [Dispatched from AG]
191 Goods receipt BMW Group (retrieval of an already delivered vehicle with corresponding invoice credit, returned to BMW AG)[Returned to AG]
193 Entrance to the forwarding warehouse (car) [Arrived at Port of exit]
195 Exit warehouse (car) (Shipped from Port of Exit) [In transit]
196 Shipment Arrival
198 Entrance to the dealer warehouse [At the Dealership]
199 Delivery to BMW Welt for self-collectors / direct sales / fleet entrance [Handover to Customer in Munich]
295 Approval of demonstration and fleet vehicles (note the bonus-relevant registration deadlines)
298 Registration or delivery notification by retailers to end customers (note the relevant registration deadlines)
I think my car is on the same ship as yours - was told it had left port on 7th April. Do you know the ship name they are on? My dealer will not commit to delivery date yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 12:27 AM   #33
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

When I check my VIN on mdecoder it shows steering as Left Hand Drive! which is a bit worrying.
Anybody else have this?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 02:57 AM   #34
mobworld
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW, VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVFan View Post
When I check my VIN on mdecoder it shows steering as Left Hand Drive! which is a bit worrying.
Anybody else have this?
It's gonna be solved by an OTA update..
Appreciate 1
sahajesh2294.00
      04-15-2022, 03:31 AM   #35
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobworld View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVFan View Post
Anybody else have this?
OTA update, a hacksaw and some new wiring
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 04:40 AM   #36
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobworld View Post
Mine always said LHD and no engine 😂
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 03:50 AM   #37
pjm807
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3, i3, GS1200

Quote:

My build date was 14 Feb 22. Genius have stated that car will be with dealership, week commencing 02 May 22. Dealer has said that ships will dock in UK before Bremerhaven to reduce the delay. So I am guessing (hoping) mine is on the Dionysos Leader, which is due to dock at Bristol on 25 Apr 22. Getting excited now!!!!!!! Update this morning, iX3 has arrived in the UK, so no more need for me to track ships, just waiting for it to arrive at the dealership.

Last edited by pjm807; 04-19-2022 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: Update from BMW Genius
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2022, 03:58 AM   #38
handymanuk
Private
Rep

Exciting. I wonder if mine is on the same ship.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 02:41 AM   #39
pjm807
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3, i3, GS1200

Further Update - Genius not so Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm807 View Post
My build date was 14 Feb 22. Genius have stated that car will be with dealership, week commencing 02 May 22. Dealer has said that ships will dock in UK before Bremerhaven to reduce the delay. So I am guessing (hoping) mine is on the Dionysos Leader, which is due to dock at Bristol on 25 Apr 22. Getting excited now!!!!!!! Update this morning, iX3 has arrived in the UK, so no more need for me to track ships, just waiting for it to arrive at the dealership.
Having asked for a further update, vehicle is now back at sea. Yesterday I was informed it was in the UK with a delivery expected week commencing 02 May 22. Today I have been informed that it is status 195, with a delivery week commencing 08 May 22. They also said the status had not been updated since 03 Mar 22, so not sure which 'Genius' is correct. Very strange and slightly annoying!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 09:09 AM   #40
bilbabon
Enlisted Member
Rep

current situation is a joke. I have been waiting many months for production to start, then two long months for ship to arrive to Germany and now my car is collecting dust somewhere there for a month and there is no eta for delivery to dealer. And car is not even waiting for fitting missing parts. Just waiting.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #41
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro 2022

I visited my dealer this morning (current X3 needed a wiper blade) and they confirmed my car went into build this past Wednesday, with deliver scheduled for mid July.

Without wishing to be cynical, I'll believe it when I see it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #42
Mjones1707
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardgb1111 View Post
I visited my dealer this morning (current X3 needed a wiper blade) and they confirmed my car went into build this past Wednesday, with deliver scheduled for mid July.

Without wishing to be cynical, I'll believe it when I see it.
Mine went to build this week aswell (finally!) with also an estimated delivery of mid July. Much like yourself… I’ll believe it when I see it. 🤦*♀️
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 02:30 PM   #43
kebl2555
Private
Rep
Drives: X1, iX3 M-Sport Pro on order

Mine is going to build next week. The date has been holding since it was previously delayed by the plant closure so I am somewhat optimistic it might go ahead.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 03:11 PM   #44
bilbabon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbabon View Post
current situation is a joke. I have been waiting many months for production to start, then two long months for ship to arrive to Germany and now my car is collecting dust somewhere there for a month and there is no eta for delivery to dealer. And car is not even waiting for fitting missing parts. Just waiting.
Need to update my post because it turned out, that the problem was not with BMW delivery system but my local dealer that gave me answer without checking what is going on with the car. It turns out it was already transported and is waiting for documents before handing it to the dealer. Looks like not all of them are competent enough.
Appreciate 0