BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-01-2022, 12:26 PM   #1
Mjones1707
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

BMW IX3 Msport Pro UK Delivery

I’m currently waiting for delivery of my IX3 msport pro in the UK. It’s due mid June time, and I keep checking it’s progress with the genius’s on the website. However today it seems to have gone backwards… has anyone else experience this? Is anyone else waiting for theirs?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 02:16 PM   #2
shrinkwr4p
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d / X2 2.0i

I checked last night and was told my car was en route to Bremerhaven with an expected delivery date of June 13th.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 01:34 AM   #3
maRRty75
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjones1707 View Post
I’m currently waiting for delivery of my IX3 msport pro in the UK. It’s due mid June time, and I keep checking it’s progress with the genius’s on the website. However today it seems to have gone backwards… has anyone else experience this? Is anyone else waiting for theirs?
I have also experienced delivery codes going backwards and I think that's fairly typical tbh. My understanding is that BMW UK moved from the four digit codes (e.g. 9645) to three digit ones (e.g. 193) recently, which seemed to have caused my vehicle to apparently move backwards in the process.

However, after seemingly moving two steps backwards this week I found out yesterday it is now at the dealership and I have been given a date of delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 11:29 AM   #4
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Just picked my new m sport pro today from London (what a car). Whilst I was there I did ask where the lead times are at the minute and was told that for an ix3 order today you would be looking at approx December collection and to add to the mix production of all bmw (along with other manufacturers)models is hampered somewhat not just by the chip shortage but also now wiring looms which are made in the Ukraine.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 03:56 AM   #5
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkwr4p View Post
I checked last night and was told my car was en route to Bremerhaven with an expected delivery date of June 13th.
That’s what my expected delivery date is aswell. However I’m being told mine is still not even in production. If anything it’s gone backwards.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 03:58 AM   #6
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The shadow View Post
Just picked my new m sport pro today from London (what a car). Whilst I was there I did ask where the lead times are at the minute and was told that for an ix3 order today you would be looking at approx December collection and to add to the mix production of all bmw (along with other manufacturers)models is hampered somewhat not just by the chip shortage but also now wiring looms which are made in the Ukraine.
Ah amazing! Congrats for you! Glad you love it! Yes I’ve heard the same, 12-18months for some cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 03:59 AM   #7
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maRRty75 View Post
I have also experienced delivery codes going backwards and I think that's fairly typical tbh. My understanding is that BMW UK moved from the four digit codes (e.g. 9645) to three digit ones (e.g. 193) recently, which seemed to have caused my vehicle to apparently move backwards in the process.

However, after seemingly moving two steps backwards this week I found out yesterday it is now at the dealership and I have been given a date of delivery.

Oh brilliant! Hopefully that’s the case for mine aswell! Hope you enjoy your new car!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 11:34 AM   #8
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

I was told a March build for my M Sport Pro. I have been given a VIN but this is not recognised in My BMW app so I can't track progress of whether it has been built or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 01:51 PM   #9
Executive Suite
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

I was told a week ago I could be in a car by October, I was very lucky though an IX3 M Sport Pro had landed that day to be a group demo and was given the option to have that before they registered it. Got into it last Thursday, its an awesome car.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2022, 04:50 PM   #10
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVFan View Post
I was told a March build for my M Sport Pro. I have been given a VIN but this is not recognised in My BMW app so I can't track progress of whether it has been built or not.
Have you contacted genius? They will tell you where it is
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 01:51 AM   #11
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

Quote:
Have you contacted genius? They will tell you where it is
I'm not sure exactly how to contact Genius for build enquiries - is this through the dealer, or is there a way to find out online?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 05:45 AM   #12
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep

On the bmw uk homepage there should be a chat now box in the bottom right of screen, however if they are busy there is no chat box to type into so just keep trying
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 09:49 AM   #13
jonjo001
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i3s and G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjones1707 View Post
Mine had the order confirmed at the end of Jan this year, with collection at the start of May. That has slipped to the end of May. I didn't get to make any choices on spec, just managed to get dibs on an allocation that a dealer had.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 10:50 AM   #14
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro 2022

I ordered my iX3 MSport Pro in February and have an expected delivery of late June/early July.

Fingers crossed it does not get pushed back.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2022, 12:12 PM   #15
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjo001 View Post
Mine had the order confirmed at the end of Jan this year, with collection at the start of May. That has slipped to the end of May. I didn't get to make any choices on spec, just managed to get dibs on an allocation that a dealer had.
You can’t factory order any ix3 they are all preconfigured, it is up to your dealer to get the build slot for a preconfigured car
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:10 AM   #16
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
You can’t factory order any ix3 they are all preconfigured, it is up to your dealer to get the build slot for a preconfigured car
Last year you could. Mine was configured exactly how I requested it.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 09:13 AM   #17
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Last year you could. Mine was configured exactly how I requested it.
Mine was ordered from dealer last September and I had to say my requirements and was told they secure a slot build of the same spec
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 03:22 AM   #18
BMW_MAD
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 Msport Pro & 98 E36 M3 Evo

Garage List
2016 330e  [0.00]
1998 BMW E36 M3  [0.00]
I have been told my ix3 Pro has left china and is on route to USA then to UK.... I am being told I should have it in May..... we shall see.

I managed to get the spec I wanted minus the laser lights, I think I am really going to miss them.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 03:56 AM   #19
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_MAD View Post
I have been told my ix3 Pro has left china and is on route to USA then to UK.... I am being told I should have it in May..... we shall see.

I managed to get the spec I wanted minus the laser lights, I think I am really going to miss them.
Think of the £1500 saved, I’ve been in a car with lasers and it’s only main beam where the difference is noticeable
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 05:55 AM   #20
BMW_MAD
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 Msport Pro & 98 E36 M3 Evo

Garage List
2016 330e  [0.00]
1998 BMW E36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Think of the £1500 saved, I’ve been in a car with lasers and it’s only main beam where the difference is noticeable
I have them on my current G20 and they are amazing. It's by far my favorite option. They also look better in my opinion as the DRL's are different with laser lights.

I am sure I will get used to it though.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 08:54 AM   #21
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

Are you sure the DRL´s are any different on the LCI models? Isn´t it just some blue notes in the Lasers?

As it´s only the high beams that are improved, I find them to expensive for what they are. I won´t miss´em
      04-06-2022, 10:45 AM   #22
Dave Wh
Rep
Drives: 540i Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Mine was ordered from dealer last September and I had to say my requirements and was told they secure a slot build of the same spec
I'm so jealous you have your car. It must be awesome!!!

I ordered my M Sport Pro in October and was given an early March delivery timescale as build slot was confirmed. That slipped to the end of June just before Christmas. I had a call from the dealer on the 23rd March saying my car had been built and had left the factory (build code changed to 165) and delivery moved to week 21 (w/c May 23rd). After seeing China is locking down different areas I checked today to see if my car was still on track but expected delivery has slipped 2 weeks to week 23 (w/c June 6th). Code looks to stay at 165 until it arrived in Bremerhaven so no updated between leaving the factory and arriving in Europe unfortunately.

Have been tracking the ships and was hoping it would be on the Dionysos Leader https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-432722000 which docked in Dalian on 21st March and is due to dock in Southampton on the 4th May (Bremerhaven 2nd). Reason they go to Bremerhaven first is that they drop off the IX3's and then pick up the UK bound cards that are produced in Germany to deliver to Southampton with the IX3's.

Doesn't look like it made it on to that ship but next one was Garnet Leader that docked in Dalian on 1st April so hoping my car is on that ship and not sat on the dockside still: - https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-309905000 That ship is due into Bremerhaven on 3rd May so I'm hoping BMW are just giving themselves some breathing space on delivery times and it wont slip further.
Appreciate 0