BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-15-2022, 09:32 AM   #23
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I think you can add it as long as it hasn't had its first service or similar. It shows the milage of the car in the portal as part the purchase, in Km as it happens.

There is always a chance that it doesn't offer the deal in Nov, but unless you are about to do 10k in that time and or you are high mileage it might be better waiting, but its a bit of a bet.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #24
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

The dealer I collected my X3 from said that BMW were looking to relaunch the Service Inclusive offers in the next couple of weeks or so. Apparently a lot of 'leakage' (i.e. people getting their Bimmers serviced outside of the main dealer network).

He's gonna call me when there's an update.

Where I am in London, I used to drive out a bit (into Buckinghamshire or Hampshire) and the hourly labour rates would drop significantly; but when I last looked all main dealers' websites quoted the same (high) price… So, I used my local independent (he had access to the KASIO platform back at BMW mothership to log all the work, etc). Workmanship was good and all ok - happy to use them again.

Let's see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 03:26 AM   #25
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1gma View Post
The dealer I collected my X3 from said that BMW were looking to relaunch the Service Inclusive offers in the next couple of weeks or so. Apparently a lot of 'leakage' (i.e. people getting their Bimmers serviced outside of the main dealer network).

He's gonna call me when there's an update.

Where I am in London, I used to drive out a bit (into Buckinghamshire or Hampshire) and the hourly labour rates would drop significantly; but when I last looked all main dealers' websites quoted the same (high) price… So, I used my local independent (he had access to the KASIO platform back at BMW mothership to log all the work, etc). Workmanship was good and all ok - happy to use them again.

Let's see what happens.
To be fair most of the servicing is checkbox BS, so you're better off with an Indy as long as they can update the computer with the right equipment, and they use BMW OEM gear (oil/pads etc..)
Appreciate 1
en1gma200.00
      02-26-2022, 05:30 AM   #26
Tubes23
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive Comp

[QUOTE=MontyB1;28589556]I think you can add it as long as it hasn't had its first service or similar. It shows the milage of the car in the portal as part the purchase, in Km as it happens.

There is always a chance that it doesn't offer the deal in Nov, but unless you are about to do 10k in that time and or you are high mileage it might be better waiting, but its a bit of a bet.[/QUOTE

I bought mine after running in inspection. It starts from date of registration though so only got four years on it when I got a Black Friday deal in Dec20.

They are corporate service packs so just need to advise BMW when it goes in as they don’t show as standard. I’ve just had my second service.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 05:06 PM   #27
Goldiegee
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI

Garage List
For info, if you go into the My BMW app for your car and click “schedule a service” it will give you the prices from your local dealer. You can then change the dealer to see other prices. Lloyd Colne always seem to be the cheapest around the north west. I have found these prices seem cheaper than those on the website.
Appreciate 2
avi662673.50
      03-10-2022, 08:24 AM   #28
TechnoTone
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30D, 718 Boxster, GTV6

I wish I'd never read this thread....

My car went in for brake fluid change last week and the bill came to £133.78, broken down thus:
  • Brake Fluid Service - £28.33
  • Service - Standard Scope - £56.67
  • Brake Fluid - £12.50
  • Replace engine cover grommet £2.22

Looking in the BMW App I see the dealers quoted price as £79.64.

Why such a big difference between the price quoted in the app and the actual price I paid, any ideas?

The last time I had a brake fluid service was on my E87 1 series and that cost £80ish and that was 4 or 5 years ago so I thought £133.78 was a reasonable price, until reading this thread!

Cheers, Tony
2019 X3 30d
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 03:07 PM   #29
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoTone View Post
I wish I'd never read this thread....

Why such a big difference between the price quoted in the app and the actual price I paid, any ideas?
Because they try it on, I would go back and ask to see the service manager and ask for an explanation and refund.

But the figures you have quoted don't add up to £133 anyway?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 04:17 PM   #30
fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

That £56.67 charge sounds like the ‘Vehicle Check’ and not the scope. ‘Standard Scope’ is normally £20-£25.

I’ve booked some service work this week and the ‘Vehicle Check’ was added, but I didn’t need it as one was carried out in Feb when the SOS battery was replaced… under warranty luckily for me.

If you take your bill total and minus the Check, you get get close to the £79 quoted by the App.

Have a word with the dealer. I find the breakdown of invoices baffling sometimes.

J.
2007 - Vauxhall Corsa CDTi
2004 - Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 11:03 AM   #31
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Had a phone call from the dealer I got my car from. Says that it will be around £720 for a 5- year/62,000 inclusive package for my X3 30e hybrid, as per the elements they now show on the main BMW UK website. That is, standard inspections, oil and brake fluid and spark plugs.

As just a regular inspection with oil change looks around £300, might be worth it???

Note you have to contact a dealer to get the service inclusive price as they don't list it on the website…
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 03:51 PM   #32
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

Quote:
Had a phone call from the dealer I got my car from. Says that it will be around £720 for a 5- year/62,000 inclusive package for my X3 30e hybrid, as per the elements they now show on the main BMW UK website. That is, standard inspections, oil and brake fluid and spark plugs.

As just a regular inspection with oil change looks around £300, might be worth it???

Note you have to contact a dealer to get the service inclusive price as they don't list it on the website…

As it's condition based servicing then probably depends on how many electric miles you are going to do vs ICE.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 12:06 PM   #33
Goldiegee
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI

Garage List
Quote:

I suppose that doesn't include brakes?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 04:17 PM   #34
Tubes23
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive Comp

I got my pack on some Black Friday deal an M40i and that included brake fluid changes - was about £700 discounted.

5 years/60k worth of cover.
Appreciate 1
en1gma200.00
      05-22-2022, 05:21 AM   #35
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiegee View Post
Quote:

I suppose that doesn't include brakes?
Correct - no brake pads, just brake fluid.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 05:24 AM   #36
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubes23 View Post
I got my pack on some Black Friday deal an M40i and that included brake fluid changes - was about £700 discounted.

Hmm, the question is do I accept the offer from dealer (as it's around £700-ish), or do I wait and see if there is a Black Friday deal this year?

The fact BMW UK don't list a 'standard' price online (you have to ask a dealer for a quote) doesn't help!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 09:11 AM   #37
Peternb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Disco Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Hmm, the question is do I accept the offer from dealer (as it's around £700-ish), or do I wait and see if there is a Black Friday deal this year?

The fact BMW UK don't list a 'standard' price online (you have to ask a dealer for a quote) doesn't help!
Hi are these prices for Service Inclusive package £720 inclusive of VAT or is that extra?My dealer has just quoted £864! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2022, 05:59 AM   #38
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peternb View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Hi are these prices for Service Inclusive package £720 inclusive of VAT or is that extra?My dealer has just quoted £864! Thanks
I stand corrected: dealer forgot to add VAT….
Appreciate 1
Peternb17.00
      05-31-2022, 07:34 PM   #39
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.bands View Post
So.....they tried charging me £98 until I pointed out it was £70 on their own website.

This on the same day that they won the "National BMW Retailer of the Year 2021" award....
Chris Brownridge, Chief Executive Officer, BMW Group UK said: "Our retailers seized the opportunity these new products offered, whilst providing our customers with the brilliant customer service that is our brand's signature."

LOL Pure BS - I know, I'm one of those customers and there is nothing brilliant about my BMW customer service experience.
Words like "whilst" and "brilliant" help one to understand why Cornwallis surrendered to Washington at Yorktown…just saying
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 03:30 AM   #40
huggy509
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
They do offer a service inclusive or 5years on the connected drive site, I think as mentioned its £900+ ish now not the £500 it used to be.

However they do or did for the last few years a black friday deal for a week limited to 1000 customers approx. I ended up getting it for £690 ish from memory it depends on the model / engine / car as to the actual cost and how much milage you have already done.

Which for me it seemed close enough to just pay it up front and then drop the car off to any dealership to get the servicing done for 5x years and not worry about any price rises over that time, as they aren't going down anytime soon are they.
Yea they often do black friday deals, I got mine too for 5 year inclusive plan including brake fluid, but stealer did try to say it was limited to 50,000 miles to avoid a second oil change service so I had it out with them and BMW UK as it was sold as 5 years or 100,000 KM, and with that being 62K mike’s that’s what i would insist on, they soon caved and agreed
Appreciate 0