BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-11-2022, 03:11 PM   #1
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

Service Inclusive UK

Car went in today for brake fluid change and a software recall also came up when I logged on to book the service.

First c*ck-up the Service Advisor booked me into the wrong dealership branch so when I turned up at my usual branch they had no record of any appointment.
Not to worry the local branch sorted it and booked me in the same day, car would be ready by 5pm....

Next issue - I have to pay for the brake fluid change myself as it's not covered. It was covered on the 5yr package I had with my previous 5 series but on the 3yr package (the only one available when I bought the X3) apparently it's not covered! Checked all the documentation I was given and there is nothing that actually states what is and isn't covered in the package, tried searching the internet and again there is nothing which actually describes what I get for my £399. My fault I know but I kinda presumed it was covered because of the previous one I had. Funnily enough BMW now selling a 5yr package again which does include brake fluid change - albeit it's £895.

What is inclusive about a service inclusive package if it doesn't include a brake fluid change at the recommended interval?

I turned up early at 4pm on the off chance the car was ready early as I was already in the vicinity, no drama if it wasn't ready I was prepared to have a coffee and wait. When I turned up they hadn't actually started work but I was next in line and would be started any minute.....

Hour and forty minutes later the service assistant apologised that the software upgrade had failed/restarted and would take another three hours to complete. Once it has started apparently they have no option but to let it run its course and the system was now saying three hours to completion.

So........they gave me a loaner for the weekend......... which had enough fuel left in it to go 27 miles! so I was obligated to put more fuel in myself or risk running dry......

Never had an issue with service with this dealership before, in fact they have always seemed to go above and beyond but today? Wow!

Would like to add that the two service assistants could not have tried to be more helpful but everything happening was pretty much out of their immediate hands.

What a day! Hoping to get my car back on Monday now.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #2
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.bands View Post
Car went in today for brake fluid change and a software recall also came up when I logged on to book the service.

First c*ck-up the Service Advisor booked me into the wrong dealership branch so when I turned up at my usual branch they had no record of any appointment.
Not to worry the local branch sorted it and booked me in the same day, car would be ready by 5pm....

Next issue - I have to pay for the brake fluid change myself as it's not covered. It was covered on the 5yr package I had with my previous 5 series but on the 3yr package (the only one available when I bought the X3) apparently it's not covered! Checked all the documentation I was given and there is nothing that actually states what is and isn't covered in the package, tried searching the internet and again there is nothing which actually describes what I get for my £399. My fault I know but I kinda presumed it was covered because of the previous one I had. Funnily enough BMW now selling a 5yr package again which does include brake fluid change - albeit it's £895.

What is inclusive about a service inclusive package if it doesn't include a brake fluid change at the recommended interval?

I turned up early at 4pm on the off chance the car was ready early as I was already in the vicinity, no drama if it wasn't ready I was prepared to have a coffee and wait. When I turned up they hadn't actually started work but I was next in line and would be started any minute.....

Hour and forty minutes later the service assistant apologised that the software upgrade had failed/restarted and would take another three hours to complete. Once it has started apparently they have no option but to let it run its course and the system was now saying three hours to completion.

So........they gave me a loaner for the weekend......... which had enough fuel left in it to go 27 miles! so I was obligated to put more fuel in myself or risk running dry......

Never had an issue with service with this dealership before, in fact they have always seemed to go above and beyond but today? Wow!

Would like to add that the two service assistants could not have tried to be more helpful but everything happening was pretty much out of their immediate hands.

What a day! Hoping to get my car back on Monday now.

Does your dealership name begin with "W".....
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 04:22 PM   #3
Urbi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 640d

Which dealership was that ?

I’m based in north west Cheshire and all BMW dealers and services around me are absolute $#!+

That service plan is rubbish. I was advised by SA to don’t take it as it cost more then actual service over 3 years of using car 🤣
I hope they gave you decent loaner for the weekend but It’s your responsibility to fuel it.
did you paid £19.99 for insurance?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 04:24 PM   #4
Urbi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
And ends with S and have double L in the middle ?

From that story sounds like yes 🤣
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 01:46 AM   #5
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
W*LLIA*S Rochdale

Like I said never had any issues with them before. They didn't charge me anything for insurance for the X2 loaner, at least they haven't said anything yet.
Loaner is OK, a 21 plate X2 but without many bells and whistles. Not that I'm bothered as it's only a runaround until Monday.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 03:45 AM   #6
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
W*LLIA*S Rochdale

Like I said never had any issues with them before. They didn't charge me anything for insurance for the X2 loaner, at least they haven't said anything yet.
Loaner is OK, a 21 plate X2 but without many bells and whistles. Not that I'm bothered as it's only a runaround until Monday.
Different site, I've not had a great experience with them this time around. Not sure how much is down to issues with BMW or just poor service. Sales staff turnover is epic!

Re service plans, Williams also offers its own version rather than the third-party one advertised by BMW. It's limited to their BMW service sites and the cost quoted was around £20.50pm over 44 months. Includes -

1x Oil & Microfilter S1 Service
1x Major S2 Service
1x MOT
Wash and scratch per visit
Fluid top-up each visit
Seasonal Health Check
Map Updates

So no mention of brake fluid change either. which from memory in an additional £103, and brakes £402 each end.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 05:04 AM   #7
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
no mention of brake fluid change either. which from memory in an additional £103, and brakes £402 each end.
No real argument with brake pads not being included as that's wear and tear but I don't get the logic of excluding a brake fluid change from a service inclusive package. It's a simple job and not even that expensive to BMW at cost rates.

Checked prices on Williams website and it's a bit cheaper than what you have stated.Name:  A9E4DECC-3E6A-49FC-B850-2CD449789F99.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  182.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 05:25 AM   #8
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I don't get the logic of excluding a brake fluid change from a service inclusive package. It's a simple job and not even that expensive to BMW at cost rates.
I agree and would expect it to be included with service inclusive. especially if the service plan runs over 3 years +.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 06:03 AM   #9
Urbi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No real argument with brake pads not being included as that's wear and tear but I don't get the logic of excluding a brake fluid change from a service inclusive package. It's a simple job and not even that expensive to BMW at cost rates.

Checked prices on Williams website and it's a bit cheaper than what you have stated.Attachment 2810905

Bmw Chester Haliwell Jones tried to charge me £140 for Brake fluid change in wife 1 series. When showed that price on their website to staff member, he disappeared and I was served by supervisor…. They are trying to steal from you on every possible occasion 😡
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 06:08 AM   #10
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I got the 5yr Service inclusive on a Black Friday deal for a nice reduction and it’s included in that.

But Williams seems to be getting worse not better which is a shame. They tried to overcharge my wife for the last visit, erm oops was the response but it got resolved.

Before that they had both scars in one for a service and then they forgot the 2x MOTs, but they did resolve it with a very nice meal out for us all as an apology.

Just check pricing online, I get offers for cheaper service at Preston than Williams (monopoly) dealers
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 06:09 AM   #11
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbi View Post
Bmw Chester Haliwell Jones tried to charge me £140 for Brake fluid change in wife 1 series. When showed that price on their website to staff member, he disappeared and I was served by supervisor…. They are trying to steal from you on every possible occasion 😡
Read above we had the same, so they are all at it.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 01:52 PM   #12
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So.....they tried charging me £98 until I pointed out it was £70 on their own website.

This on the same day that they won the "National BMW Retailer of the Year 2021" award....
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 03:04 PM   #13
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
This on the same day that they won the "National BMW Retailer of the Year 2021" award....
Yeah I saw that, talk about ironic.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 04:09 PM   #14
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So.....they tried charging me £98 until I pointed out it was £70 on their own website.

Chris Brownridge, Chief Executive Officer, BMW Group UK said: “Our retailers seized the opportunity these new products offered, whilst providing our customers with the brilliant customer service that is our brand's signature."

LOL Pure BS - I know, I'm one of those customers and there is nothing brilliant about my BMW customer service experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 05:01 PM   #15
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

OK - so this is interesting for me (apart from the stuff specific to the Williams dealer chain)…

I'm hoping to take delivery of my new X3 in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure when I go to collect, as part of completing the paperwork, the dealer will try and upswell all sorts of stuff.

Alloy wheel, tyre and GAP insurance I'm on top of (plenty of online providers I've used over the years). There was a time when Service Inclusive was a no brainer but not sure now. This new monthly subscription model - like with all the online connected offers - is also a bit of a headache.

Anyone know the UK dealer service offers and done the maths??? I prefer to go in prepared to make a considered decision rather than just a blanket Yes or No. I'm in the South East of England and am getting an X3 30e hybrid.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 05:22 PM   #16
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1gma View Post
Anyone know the UK dealer service offers and done the maths??? I prefer to go in prepared to make a considered decision rather than just a blanket Yes or No. I'm in the South East of England and am getting an X3 30e hybrid.
It's not like the old service inclusive that really was a no-brainer, like you say.

The current service plan is just a spread the cost over x months and it "may" possibly make a bit of saving. The BMW offering is managed by a third party called EMaC, and for the M40 it was around £900/£25 pm over three years from new. If not new a bigger "deposit" is needed.

From my own comparison there isn't a massive saving - maybe £100-200 over fours years, compared to paying full wack for services. Obviously, if you get a service offer/deal any potential saving is errored. At the time I enquired, the Williams Group offered their own version, limited to Williams sites, which was also £900 based on two services but could be spread over 44 months i.e. £20.xx pm.

Last edited by avi66; 02-15-2022 at 02:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
en1gma200.00
      02-15-2022, 03:54 AM   #17
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's not like the old service inclusive that really was a no-brainer, like you say.

The current service plan is just a spread the cost over x months and it "may" possibly make a bit of saving. The BMW offering is managed by a third party called EMaC, and for the M40 it was around £900/£25 pm over three years from new. If not new a bigger "deposit" is needed.

From my own comparison there isn't a massive saving - maybe £100-200 over fours years, compared to paying full wack for services. Obviously, if you get a service offer/deal any potential saving is errored. At the time I enquired, the Williams Group offered their own version, limited to Williams sites, which was also £900 based on two services but could be spread over 44 months i.e. £20.xx pm.
They do offer a service inclusive or 5years on the connected drive site, I think as mentioned its £900+ ish now not the £500 it used to be.

However they do or did for the last few years a black friday deal for a week limited to 1000 customers approx. I ended up getting it for £690 ish from memory it depends on the model / engine / car as to the actual cost and how much milage you have already done.

Which for me it seemed close enough to just pay it up front and then drop the car off to any dealership to get the servicing done for 5x years and not worry about any price rises over that time, as they aren't going down anytime soon are they.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 04:28 AM   #18
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
They do offer a service inclusive or 5years on the connected drive site, I think as mentioned its £900+ ish now not the £500 it used to be.
Don't have access to that yet. Do you have a screen cap ?

Here's what I was going off -

"What is BMW Service Inclusive?
BMW Service Inclusive covers the cost of parts, labour and fluids for the following service items: engine oil service, air filter, micro filter, fuel filter (diesel models only) and spark plugs. Coverage starts from the date of first registration and runs until the mileage limit is reached or the time limit is reached (whichever is reached soonest).

Service Inclusive is currently only available on corporate vehicles and can only be purchased via a BMW Centre. For more information about corporate Service Inclusive, please speak to your preferred BMW Centre.

Service inclusive is not currently available to purchase online. For information on our BMW Pay Monthly, please click here to find out more.

Due to the variety in servicing packs offered we are unable to provide T&Cs for all Service Inclusive packages, on this page. If you have any questions about existing Service Inclusive packages please contact your preferred BMW Centre"

https://discover.bmw.co.uk/help/owne...vice-inclusive
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 05:05 AM   #19
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Don't have access to that yet. Do you have a screen cap ?
I can only show I have it not that its available the picture below doesn't show a value now I've purchased it, if I click into it it just gives me the date it will expire now only.

I don't know if they only make it visible for personal customers during black Friday deals or its there all the time, some seem to be given the option others don't. You can also add camera and other things if available for a reduced price at the same time, I'd purchased the camera subscription a few weeks before black friday otherwise I'd have saved a few ££ on that.

Over in the 3/4 Series forum a few people got frustrated that the subscription was for the build date not registered date but mine was 5 years from the registration date so all good there. Also just had a look most there seem to show it only gets opened for purchase during the sale.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1875091

Name:  BMW Digital.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  282.5 KB
Appreciate 1
avi662660.00
      02-15-2022, 05:21 AM   #20
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
I can only show I have it not that its available the picture below doesn't show a value now I've purchased it, if I click into it it just gives me the date it will expire now only.
Sorry, I was being a numpty. I've just logged into connected drive and it shows up at £895 currently. I'll defo keep an eye out for Black Friday deals.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 05:30 AM   #21
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I was being a numpty. I've just logged into connected drive and it shows up at £895 currently. I'll defo keep an eye out for Black Friday deals.
Great, keep an eye out I think it was 20 or 25% off remember figures between £680-730 ish from memory depending on the engine / car, I'd have to check my CC what I paid it doesn't appear on the invoice BMW sends via e-mail annoyingly only that you have requested it. Then a few hours later you get an e-mail confirming its been added.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 09:26 AM   #22
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

So… I shouldn't buy it when I collect my car (just been told this Saturday!) but keep an eye for Black Friday/similar offers…

Is there a backstop on how old a car you can add this to retrospectively???
Appreciate 0