BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-01-2021, 09:17 AM   #89
supersebbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro (Dec 21)

Glad I found this thread, thought I was going crazy because my PP demonstrator from the dealership had this but nowhere to be found on my delivered model.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 09:19 AM   #90
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
I'll pop a vid up at some point shortly when have a few mins, chaos at work at the moment but will do it.

Wanna get hands free and boost working and post it all at the same time. Having a look through, there's some stuff about pre heating in there too, not figured how it all hooks together yet though, and not sure if it's complete yet either.

Also remember, don't chuck out the vm/Win7 machine once done, as from what I can see BMW will reset a bunch of this stuff on firmware/ota updates and you will have to do it again.
Quote:
I'll pop a vid up at some point shortly when have a few mins, chaos at work at the moment but will do it.

Wanna get hands free and boost working and post it all at the same time. Having a look through, there's some stuff about pre heating in there too, not figured how it all hooks together yet though, and not sure if it's complete yet either.

Also remember, don't chuck out the vm/Win7 machine once done, as from what I can see BMW will reset a bunch of this stuff on firmware/ota updates and you will have to do it again.
That would be enormously helpful. The version I have of the app works on W10…
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 01:55 PM   #91
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

When I connect to my car I use the S15C profile which seems to the the correct one but don't get any of the dialogue Ape refers to. Mines all numbers and hex. The photo is from the file but is identical. The other weird thing is that I can see SAS3 but not SAS2. Also seems to apply to other Files.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 04:12 PM   #92
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ero View Post
When I connect to my car I use the S15C profile which seems to the the correct one but don't get any of the dialogue Ape refers to. Mines all numbers and hex. The photo is from the file but is identical. The other weird thing is that I can see SAS3 but not SAS2. Also seems to apply to other Files.
When I get half hour tomorrow I'll put something together, you should get something like

Name:  Screenshot_20211201-221017_YouTube.png
Views: 2203
Size:  411.5 KB

I'll hook up to the car and grab some screenshot etc, or whack together a quick video
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #93
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
When I get half hour tomorrow I'll put something together, you should get something like

Attachment 2755881

I'll hook up to the car and grab some screenshot etc, or whack together a quick video
Quote:
Quote:

Attachment 2755881

Could I ask what software versions you are using please?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 08:10 AM   #94
E Hahn
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Lane change assist

I also noticed its not working on our brand new iX3 after seeing many reviews of the amazing system. Such a pity.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 09:39 AM   #95
silver82
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray1x View Post
Definitely works on mine. UK model.
What version of IDrive software you have and when did you received your car?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2022, 01:17 AM   #96
R_Soul
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier Pro

According to this it is not an option:

t/media/66113/euro-ncap-assisted-driving-2021-bmw-ix3-datasheet.pdf
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 04:58 PM   #97
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi did anyone get this working?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 03:13 PM   #98
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Its Working

And no thanks to the t0ssers at BMW heres what I did:

1. Go to https://www.bimmerutility.com/
2. Buy their software for $99 they give you links to the latest esys and data files which this works with
3. Run the software - it boots up esys in the background
3. Open esys to coonect to your car
4. Read the FA read svts
5. When you read a CAFD file it automatically opens bimmerutility to do the coding
6. Click the save button in bimmerutility
7. Click code in sys
8. Bobs you uncle

Coding required is:

BDC_Body3 > CAFD_7083 > SPURWECHSEL_ASSISTENT
Default: nicht_activ
Change to: activ

HU_MGU > CAFD_3E52 > SPURWECHSELASSISTENT
Default: nicht_activ
Change to: gen_1

SAS3 > CAFD_42C1 > C_SWA_VORHANDEN
Default: Nr000_nicht_vorhanden
Change to: NR001_VORHANDEN

(Thanks to The Ape for this)
Appreciate 2
lakmus23.50
SBimmy1.50
      05-10-2022, 12:22 AM   #99
modomi06
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 LCI, i3S

This is a great news!
Thanks for sharing
Unfortunately BimnmerUtility does not work on virtual machine ( mac user)
Do you know if it's possibile to enable TLA ( traffic light assistant ) avoiding country limitations ?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 12:38 PM   #100
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quick note, make sure (especially if on 03/2022) that you use 4.35.xx or later PSZData, else some of the mappings are wrong/not set
      05-10-2022, 01:45 PM   #101
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modomi06 View Post
This is a great news!
Thanks for sharing
Do you know if it's possibile to enable TLA ( traffic light assistant ) avoiding country limitations ?

I don’t know but plan to look into this next.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 02:15 PM   #102
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This is a great news!
Thanks for sharing
I'll Share this but be aware there's a reason that BMW have not made it active in the UK by default, some lights it just doesnt 'see' (usually shaded ones)

SAS3 ECU
Then Code
C_SLA_UCC_LAND_AKTIV and C_SLA_aUCC_LAND_AKTIV and overide the 08:00:00:00 value to FF:FF:FF:FF

That will force the car into thinking it's in the test territory, and all SAS3 controlled territory features will be 'enabled'

Then just a matter of going into the iDrive in the car, settings, car, Driver Assistance, Driving, TLR, enable it, and set the reminder etc, then into Speed Assistant and set the traffic light on.

Name:  20220510_201149.jpg
Views: 1462
Size:  279.8 KBName:  20220510_201207.jpg
Views: 1472
Size:  239.6 KB

But Be Warned don't rely on it!
      05-10-2022, 03:30 PM   #103
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

There's a bunch of other options I've coded, when I'm next on the lappy with the tools.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 04:26 PM   #104
icylava
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
It will be interesting to hear whether yours has the lane change assist activated. I think yours is the same spec as mine - my Premier Pro arrived Thursday.

When I go into the settings Driver Assistance -> Driving -> Steering Assistant, I only have one option available in that section. This is Emergency Corridor Assistant, which is ticked, but it states not available in this country.

No mention of Lane Change Assist on my menu.
Same... I collected the iX3 last week. No option of Lane Change Assist on my menu... By the way, I am in Ireland, is this blocked in EU?

A bit disappointed at this point - so many issues for a new BMW
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 01:22 AM   #105
modomi06
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icylava View Post
Same... I collected the iX3 last week. No option of Lane Change Assist on my menu... By the way, I am in Ireland, is this blocked in EU?

A bit disappointed at this point - so many issues for a new BMW
To enable this "option" it's necessary to "code" the car as 3ero and the_ape does.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 02:35 AM   #106
modomi06
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'll Share this but be aware there's a reason that BMW have not made it active in the UK by default, some lights it just doesnt 'see' (usually shaded ones)

SAS3 ECU
Then Code
C_SLA_UCC_LAND_AKTIV and C_SLA_aUCC_LAND_AKTIV and overide the 08:00:00:00 value to FF:FF:FF:FF

That will force the car into thinking it's in the test territory, and all SAS3 controlled territory features will be 'enabled'

Then just a matter of going into the iDrive in the car, settings, car, Driver Assistance, Driving, TLR, enable it, and set the reminder etc, then into Speed Assistant and set the traffic light on.

But Be Warned don't rely on it!
Good advise, you are right.
Generally speaking my impression is that all the sensors the car use to rebuild the surrounding eviorment are not so smart.
Sometimes, but not always, he is able to understand the difference between a truck and a car. Often it's not able to "view" a motorbike or a bicycle so...ADAS must be used very very carefully..
That said, the possibility to hack the car ...is something that drive my crazy!!!
Waiting your list of customization...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 04:16 AM   #107
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Aah wierd, my ADAS knows cyclist and motorbikes cars and vans and trucks pretty well, sometimes at its initial 'see' of a vehicle in front it defaults to car but within a second or so it resolves to the correct vehicle whilst still a good distance away from the vehicle in front. The only one my cars gets wrong is traffic lights, sometimes it doesn't see them at all, but mostly only the 'hooded/slated' ones on UK roads
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 04:26 AM   #108
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
This is a great news!
Thanks for sharing
Quick note on VM's 'technically' it should work on VM's as long as you mod the efi to say its a real machine rather than a virtual (all it does from what I can see of a quick run through of the code is an efi ID check, there could be more so fair warning, I don't use bummer utility but thought I'd have a look)

Just have to make sure the network setup allows you to use the network port directly rather than some sort of 'Internet sharing/NAT' so make sure it's a bridged connection where you can use 169.254.x.x addresses on it.

Last edited by the_ape; 05-11-2022 at 04:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 05:18 AM   #109
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Good advise, you are right.
Generally speaking my impression is that all the sensors the car use to rebuild the surrounding eviorment are not so smart.
Sometimes, but not always, he is able to understand the difference between a truck and a car. Often it's not able to "view" a motorbike or a bicycle so...ADAS must be used very very carefully..
That said, the possibility to hack the car ...is something that drive my crazy!!!
Waiting your list of customization...
I had an interesting experience a few weeks back. I was following a car transporter with a car hanging precariously off the back (it was properly loaded). The display on the dash showed a car - not a lorry!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 07:18 AM   #110
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
I had an interesting experience a few weeks back. I was following a car transporter with a car hanging precariously off the back (it was properly loaded). The display on the dash showed a car - not a lorry!
Hehe, well suppose it read the bumper/back of the car as the closest object, wierd one though
Appreciate 0