BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-13-2021, 06:32 AM   #45
gray1x
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ero View Post
Hi. Did you mean does or doesn't work on yours?
It definitely works - use it a lot. Just can't see a setting - I think it's just default with the cruise control
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 06:36 AM   #46
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Does the display on the car highlight the lane your changing into as green? Mine deffo doesn't have it, but if you indicate, then 'nudge' the car into the lane cancel indicate it 'locks' into the new lane, not much of a problem, but you should be able to indicate with hands off the wheel, and it checks and moves over when it's clear. If you want to check if it's working properly wait for a car to come alongside you, indicate and the car should move over after the car next to you has cleared ahead without any steering input from yourself.

I'll work out the coding though...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 07:19 AM   #47
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray1x View Post
It definitely works - use it a lot. Just can't see a setting - I think it's just default with the cruise control
Am I using it right? Bear in mind I've only taken the car once on a dual carriageway so far!

I was pressing and releasing the indicator stalk.

Looking at the BMW how to video, they seem to press and hold the indicator. A long press.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 10:52 AM   #48
3ero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape View Post
OK not on mine either! I shall have a play with coding it over the weekend
Quote:
OK not on mine either! I shall have a play with coding it over the weekend
Interested to know how you get on. I used Bimmercode to pull up the setting for lane change but nothing further.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 01:20 PM   #49
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ero View Post
Interested to know how you get on. I used Bimmercode to pull up the setting for lane change but nothing further.
Can't do it in bimmercode unfortunately, one of the modules can't be coded from it.

I'll dig into esys in the morning
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #50
thecork
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

Hey all. Took delivery of our new Premier Pro yesterday, one of the first things I realised that we don't have this option either, despite the demo car we drove having it. Crazy that the dealers don't seem to want to accept it should have it, but have small experience coding an old 3 series so be great to hear if anyone has any luck doing it and can offer assistance!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 10:42 AM   #51
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Right had a dig through esys today, and it's doable, I just need the latest data, as my version is slightly out of date, and shouldn't make a difference but rather safe than sorry.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2021, 04:06 PM   #52
thecork
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
Right had a dig through esys today, and it's doable, I just need the latest data, as my version is slightly out of date, and shouldn't make a difference but rather safe than sorry.
Sounds great, looking forward to trying it out myself!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 05:03 PM   #53
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'll get it done this week, and let ya know how to do it. Spoke to dealer it might get turned on for us anyhow, apparently with the chip shortages etc, they are disabling it on all cars for now, and will enable it at a later date based on vin ota. They just don't want some cars having it enabled without the right hardware.

M cars and 7 series only atm have it on apparently. All 3 and 5 and x's are disabled.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 01:52 AM   #54
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I'll get it done this week, and let ya know how to do it. Spoke to dealer it might get turned on for us anyhow, apparently with the chip shortages etc, they are disabling it on all cars for now, and will enable it at a later date based on vin ota. They just don't want some cars having it enabled without the right hardware.

M cars and 7 series only atm have it on apparently. All 3 and 5 and x's are disabled.
Silly question - more for the dealer that told you this than you, so I guess a little rhetorical!

If the problem is hardware missing on the cars, how are they going to get it working with and OTA software update? Unless they send us all a little bag of chips and sensors, and instructions on where to plug them in…

And surely the hardware must be installed for the adaptive cruise, lane keeping and the display showing other vehicles to be working?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 02:38 AM   #55
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IX3

Checked at the weekend and definitely not able activate in my car.

If this is due to hardware or chip shortage can we expect BMW to rectify, I think not. The chip shortage doesn't seem to be getting any better recently and more and more manufacturers are advising certain options/functions will be missing from new vehicles, BMW being one who amongst other things are removing the touch screen functionality from a lot of their cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 03:15 AM   #56
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX3 Vines View Post
Checked at the weekend and definitely not able activate in my car.

If this is due to hardware or chip shortage can we expect BMW to rectify, I think not. The chip shortage doesn't seem to be getting any better recently and more and more manufacturers are advising certain options/functions will be missing from new vehicles, BMW being one who amongst other things are removing the touch screen functionality from a lot of their cars.
I don't think our cars are affected, same as all cars except ours and the m cars can't have the upgraded sound system either, it's just no longer an option unless on a 7 or m car. But they have disabled it on all outgoing cars for now, so they don't have issues, and will enable on cars that have the stuff (ours do, as all the hardware checked OK yesterday on mine in esys) I think they are just belt and bracing it, as they currently don't know what cars do and don't have it, even on the same line.

I was assured by dealer onoy missing stuff was the passenger lumbar though, like I say the iX3 out of China are unaffected.

Will see when I force it on though, if it works that's great, if it don't I'll be having words with BMW
Appreciate 2
3ero9.00
      11-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #57
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I don't think our cars are affected, same as all cars except ours and the m cars can't have the upgraded sound system either, it's just no longer an option unless on a 7 or m car. But they have disabled it on all outgoing cars for now, so they don't have issues, and will enable on cars that have the stuff (ours do, as all the hardware checked OK yesterday on mine in esys) I think they are just belt and bracing it, as they currently don't know what cars do and don't have it, even on the same line.

I was assured by dealer onoy missing stuff was the passenger lumbar though, like I say the iX3 out of China are unaffected.

Will see when I force it on though, if it works that's great, if it don't I'll be having words with BMW
Do any of you have the auto self park function?

Appreciate 1
RedJon115.50
      11-18-2021, 08:11 AM   #58
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Yup, had a go with it yesterday. Was impressed with the car's bay parking!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:30 AM   #59
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud78 View Post
Yup, had a go with it yesterday. Was impressed with the car's bay parking!
Is it a PP spec?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #60
Hud78
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Is it a PP spec?
Yes, it's a Pro.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 10:39 AM   #61
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Do any of you have the auto self park function?
It freaked out my friend when I let go of the wheel and it parked itself!

It does a great job in parking bays or parallel parking. When parallel parking next to a single car (as opposed to a gap between cars) it tends to position itself a little too close to the other car.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #62
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
It freaked out my friend when I let go of the wheel and it parked itself!

It does a great job in parking bays or parallel parking. When parallel parking next to a single car (as opposed to a gap between cars) it tends to position itself a little too close to the other car.
How often do you use this function? is it something you find yourself using each time you park?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 12:05 PM   #63
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
How often do you use this function? is it something you find yourself using each time you park?
Only had the car a week. So not been to many places that I’ve needed it yet.

I suspect how much I use it will depend on the situation. It’s a little slow when trying to park on a busy road. But perfect for a supermarket car park. I tried it in a tight spot on a curving road - perfect for kerbing the alloys. It parked perfectly - much better job than I would have done!
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2021, 01:56 AM   #64
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Only had the car a week. So not been to many places that I’ve needed it yet.

I suspect how much I use it will depend on the situation. It’s a little slow when trying to park on a busy road. But perfect for a supermarket car park. I tried it in a tight spot on a curving road - perfect for kerbing the alloys. It parked perfectly - much better job than I would have done!
Thanks GDEvans, not sure why but I was thinking this function wasn't available on the premier edition however tried it out this morning in a local car park and it worked. Have to say when reversing into a bay it did park very close to the adjoining bay and on one occasion straddle the line. These were very small bays so can see past that. You do need to have some faith and keep your foot over the brake pedal but I guess I will get used to that.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 04:19 AM   #65
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I use the self park every day to park in my space at home Self depart as well, if you get in the car, press the park button, and then the arrow at the top, the car will line everything up to just drive out of a space.
      11-19-2021, 10:29 AM   #66
RedJon
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport Pro

Quote:
I use the self park every day to park in my space at home Self depart as well, if you get in the car, press the park button, and then the arrow at the top, the car will line everything up to just drive out of a space.
Get us a vid on EV Life then please
Appreciate 0