BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-21-2022, 01:37 PM   #67
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
I just emailed Chris Brownridge for confirmation of my order states and explained delivery. I’ll feedback his response if or when I get one.
He's on annual leave until 28/2. But I'm sure BMW Customer Service will be in touch.....
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 01:53 PM   #68
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
He's on annual leave until 28/2. But I'm sure BMW Customer Service will be in touch.....
Yes, I got his out of office. So I emailed his PA, then got another out of office for her, so I emailed her cover person.

This is so comical, you couldn’t make this shit up.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 07:50 AM   #69
svenj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leot93 View Post
Hey. Good news is the vessel silvery glory is still on track for arrival into Southampton 5th march.

Genius is saying my eta into dealership is now week 13 rather than week 10. Out of interest what is your dealer/genius saying delivery date might be?
Well, my delivery date and car location is somewhat confusing, depending on who I speak to.

A genius on 17/2 said I had recently moved to code 9620 (At Sea), which made sense, as Silver Glory was at that time sailing around the west coast of SA. Delivery estimate w/c 27/3

Yesterday, as genius said I was code 9660 (Dispatched to BMW Dealership), car was in the UK, arriving at my dealer shortly. Delivery estimate w/c 21/3

So today I asked my dealer, and he said "it left SA several weeks ago, and reached Germany at the weekend, and now back at sea on way to Southampton. If everything runs to plan then your car will clear customs some point next week and we can then request for delivery to the dealer. This can take anything from 7-10 days from customs. So at a guess I expect it to reach me here around the 10th-14th March "

Today I asked the genius again, and was told "Your X3 is at sea on its way to the UK", code 9620 with an estimated delivery date of 27/3. And that the last update on their system was on 15 Feb

So who knows ! I would hope the dealer is most accurate.

If the VIN tracker on the GCOS portal is correct, my car is on Silver Glory which left SA on 12 Feb, only 10 days ago.

So hopefully which ever one is correct, it is going to be sometime in March.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 08:38 AM   #70
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenj View Post
If the VIN tracker on the GCOS portal is correct, my car is on Silver Glory which left SA on 12 Feb, only 10 days ago.

So hopefully which ever one is correct, it is going to be sometime in March.
Did you check your VIN again for any recall/sales stop?

I spotted a sales stop (RAM retrofit which is part of the HK sound system AFAIK) last week by accident but my dealer sales manager and Genius claimed to know nothing about this until I raised an issue with BMW UK over the weekend.

Yesterday I was told by Genius that my car was in Bremerhaven, and yesterday I was told by the dealer sales manager my car had arrived in the UK...... left hand, right hand...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 08:52 AM   #71
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Its embarrassingly poor isn't it. Do you know where you know the car is - erm nope somewhere on planet earth. Can't help that when you can literally sell everything you can get your hands on that dealers and BMW are getting a bit sloppy to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 09:18 AM   #72
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Its embarrassingly poor isn't it. Do you know where you know the car is - erm nope somewhere on planet earth. Can't help that when you can literally sell everything you can get your hands on that dealers and BMW are getting a bit sloppy to say the least.
Yes, it's very poor, and it's got to be a big problem for the dealers. No car to bill against, no revenue, which must hurt the business, particularly with the long lead times. I was told my dealership was waiting on 7+ X3's that are currently sales stop.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:09 AM   #73
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I spotted a sales stop (RAM retrofit which is part of the HK sound system AFAIK) last week by accident but my dealer sales manager and Genius claimed to know nothing about this until I raised an issue with BMW UK over the weekend.

Yesterday I was told by Genius that my car was in Bremerhaven, and yesterday I was told by the dealer sales manager my car had arrived in the UK...... left hand, right hand...
Left hand, right hand…….I hope that’s not in reference to which side the steering wheel is on….surely BMW can get that one right
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:11 AM   #74
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
I must have ruffled a few feathers last night with my email to Chris Brownridge, as this morning I had an email from my dealership and a phone call from the dealership business manager.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:20 AM   #75
svenj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i LCI

Quote:

Just had a look through my VIN on https://bimmer.work and seems to look as expected. Is there a better place to look for notification of a sales stop ?

I did not specify HK on my X3, so guess that means I may not need the RAM retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:31 AM   #76
Pete17
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Just had a look through my VIN on https://bimmer.work and seems to look as expected. Is there a better place to look for notification of a sales stop ?

I did not specify HK on my X3, so guess that means I may not need the RAM retrofit.
Mine as not got the H&K but as still been stopped.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:36 AM   #77
rudy_thielemans@telenet.b
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Plug In Hybrid

Quote:
I must have ruffled a few feathers last night with my email to Chris Brownridge, as this morning I had an email from my dealership and a phone call from the dealership business manager.
Can you share the content of your e-mail and what response you got? Maybe I could try to start this action in Belgium as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 11:59 AM   #78
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
The dealership advised that they expect my car to arrive on or around the 13th of March but cannot guarantee that this date will not change again.

He also said there was no hold on the vehicle for any retro-fits, so that is good…about the only thing that is.

I got an email from customer services this morning stating the car would arrive on or around the 7th of March.

I then got a further email from customer services an hour ago stating they don’t know when my car will arrive and advised that I don’t sell my car on the 4th of March, this unfortunately cannot be postponed. I was also advised by my dealership that they expect not to be able to offer me a courtesy car which I’m very disappointed with.

To be honest, if I knew now back when I agreed to purchase the car, I wouldn’t have taken it and just went with an ex-demo car.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 12:02 PM   #79
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app/

or

www.bmw.co.uk >owners>recall
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 12:05 PM   #80
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yea, I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of reply.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #81
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Quote:
The dealership advised that they expect my car to arrive on or around the 13th of March but cannot guarantee that this date will not change again.

He also said there was no hold on the vehicle for any retro-fits, so that is good…about the only thing that is.

I got an email from customer services this morning stating the car would arrive on or around the 7th of March.

I then got a further email from customer services an hour ago stating they don't know when my car will arrive and advised that I don't sell my car on the 4th of March, this unfortunately cannot be postponed. I was also advised by my dealership that they expect not to be able to offer me a courtesy car which I'm very disappointed with.

To be honest, if I knew now back when I agreed to purchase the car, I wouldn't have taken it and just went with an ex-demo car.
WTF…

I feel for you…
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 04:54 PM   #82
Urbi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 640d

Talked to my SA today.

I’ve said to him I have found on forum how to trace my x3 built in South Africa and it was probably delivered last week to Southampton on Mermaid Ace vessel - he confirmed and said it will probably soon leave customs and will be delivered by the end of this week or beginning of next week to dealership.

Booked my ferry (I’m bringing that car from NI to England) for 8th of March. Hopefully my x3 was unloaded when Mermaid Ace visited Southampton port and will be there soon.

AFAIK I don’t have any recall on my car

I thought all that nightmare was over but we are going from not being sure what you will receive to when you can have it …. That sucks !!!!! Ordering new car should be themost pleasant thing to do - I’m all stressed and still wondering what possibly can go wrong ….
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 12:30 AM   #83
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbi View Post
T - I’m all stressed and still wondering what possibly can go wrong ….
It gets crushed by a falling tree during a storm whilst on the way to the dealer
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:14 AM   #84
Pete17
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Talked to my SA today.

I've said to him I have found on forum how to trace my x3 built in South Africa and it was probably delivered last week to Southampton on Mermaid Ace vessel - he confirmed and said it will probably soon leave customs and will be delivered by the end of this week or beginning of next week to dealership.

Booked my ferry (I'm bringing that car from NI to England) for 8th of March. Hopefully my x3 was unloaded when Mermaid Ace visited Southampton port and will be there soon.

AFAIK I don't have any recall on my car

I thought all that nightmare was over but we are going from not being sure what you will receive to when you can have it …. That sucks !!!!! Ordering new car should be themost pleasant thing to do - I'm all stressed and still wondering what possibly can go wrong ….
[QUOTE=Urbi;28617815]

Interesting to know what spec you have to see if we can find which chips are missing from the cars that are waiting for them.
As yours was a week 2 build if all goes well, when you get your car it will only be a few months old. Mine is ready 3 months old and been stud around for most of that.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:26 AM   #85
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

[QUOTE=Pete17;28619371]
Quote:

Interesting to know what spec you have to see if we can find which chips are missing from the cars that are waiting for them.
As yours was a week 2 build if all goes well, when you get your car it will only be a few months old. Mine is ready 3 months old and been stud around for most of that.
What is your defect/enhancement code as this should provide some clue.

Mine is enhancement code 0065480300, which relates to the receiver audio module (RAM). I "think" a version of this is present on the "HiFi" and "HK" audio systems.

The dealer tells me this is a module that fits in the trunk, but I suspect it may also involve some kind of audio calibration. I've no idea how accurate the dealer info is.
Attached Images

Last edited by avi66; 02-23-2022 at 02:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:38 AM   #86
Pete17
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Mine is the same code but I have just the basic Hi-fi
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:41 AM   #87
Urbi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F06 640d

[QUOTE=Pete17;28619371]
Quote:

Full spec M40d Without towing bar

That’s screenshot from BMW recall website.

Last edited by Urbi; 02-23-2022 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 02:53 AM   #88
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete17 View Post
Mine is the same code but I have just the basic Hi-fi
Not sure it may be lumped under RAM if it's related to audio electronics.
Appreciate 0