BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-30-2022, 07:14 AM   #1
greyt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 & iX3

MyBMW charge not updating

The MyBMW app has stopped refreshing its charge status for me…. It claims it has updated but it always reports 72% regardless of the actual value…. If I connect it to a charger and it is charging, the apps still says not connected to a charger and showss 72%

Before I start messing around with sign out / sign in / Idrive reset etc… does anyone else have the same issue?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 08:26 AM   #2
lenuisible
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 B9

Hello, yes, for something like a week, the app also shows that my car is unlocked, trunk opened! . I didn't remove the car and add it back, I may give it a try, but if doesn't look good... I can still do remote 360 view, but status is not updated
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 01:49 AM   #3
Lazy Lee
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Exec, BMW i3s Exec

There was a message in the app stating they were doing maintenance around last weekend if I remember correctly. I also saw an app update in the App Store. Maybe updating the app might help? I have the latest update and no issues at all.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 12:21 PM   #4
greyt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 & iX3

I logged out and resigned into my profile in the car - no change

Did a full Idrive reset - no change

Removed the car from the app and added it back - fixed.

MyBMW app is so flakey. My USA X3 regularly signs itself out of my driver profile claiming the credentials are incorrect….
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 02:22 AM   #5
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3

Had the same issue. As Greyt said, you need to remove the app, remove the car from your profile and add the app back and the car. Works since for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2022, 11:11 AM   #6
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkschakel View Post
Had the same issue. As Greyt said, you need to remove the app, remove the car from your profile and add the app back and the car. Works since for me.
I had an issue with the MyBMW app showing the car was unlocked for a few days when it clearly wasn't. I think I first noted the problem when the charging status had not changed when my charger had stopped charging at 80% but then the continuous unlocked status started to irk me as it hadn't corrected itself.

For me at least an iDrive reset was all that was required by pressing the on/off button in the volume control for about 20 seconds and after it rebooted the MyBMW app was working fine almost immediately after.

The only knock on effect I have noted is that the MyBMW app has no record of the charging session that took place while the car was not communicating with the app.

I am quite sure there are multiple error conditions requiring different or more complex solutions but nice to know that a simple iDrive reset might do the trick.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 04:28 PM   #7
ggla
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 MSport Plus

Have the same issue right now
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 12:21 AM   #8
modomi06
Private
Rep
Drives: IX3 LCI, i3S

same problem last week
Solution : connect iPhone with cable , start myBmw and refresh status.
Now it works fine

Ps: The status of i3s in Mybmw in the same time works flawlessly
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2023, 07:13 AM   #9
keninuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

I thought my iX3 wasn't charging yesterday as I had no notification in the MyBMW app and the app was not showing as charging.

After unplugging/plugging back in, trying my partners i3 on the home charger and checking the Pod Point App, I realised my iX3 was charging just fine but the car was not talking to the app as per #6 I experienced previously.

I should probably have checked the last update time in the app first rather than thinking there was a charging issue!!!

This time round a restart of the head unit would not get them communicating so I decided to just leave it and see what happened rather than trying some of the other things that seem to fix this problem.

I drove a few miles this morning to get my winter tyres swapped over for the summers and when I checked the app as I was about to leave the tyre centre everything was working just fine and the last status was a couple of minutes ago rather than the day before I charged my car.

My two steps to sort out this car/app communication problem are now:
1 - Reboot head unit
2 - Leave it and see if it sorts itself after the first journey.
Appreciate 0