BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-10-2022, 04:16 PM   #1
icylava
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

iX3 - Support from driver assistance restricted

Hi, have any iX3 owners experienced this issue?

I've only had the new car collected since last week and I have this warning almost every day. Assisted driving never lasts longer than 10 minutes. It recovers usually the next day. However, it's very annoying that after the warning message is shown, even the normal speed-only cruise control is disabled FOR THE REST OF THE TRIP.

The Driver Assistance Professional package is useless if it cannot continue to operate for long-distance driving...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 07:30 AM   #2
the_ape
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 225xe / iX3 Premier Pro

Sounds like a bad sensor input from somewhere is causing it to go into failsafe mode. Might be worth getting a wipe and cleaning all the sensors and cameras (Front ADAS radar and cameras likely the main culprits) Although it does use the low power radar for things too, like detecting the distance to side traffic and barriers, and uses the side cameras for line checking etc. So just clean everything up.

If that's still an issue, book it in, I've done 100% to 5% trips without any issues whatsoever.

Although just read the screen, it's complaining about crossroad warning, that's the lower power sensors on the front just in front of the wheels, and adaptive recuperation I think is linked to the ADAS long range radar (big one in center lower grill) and also obviously the mapping data. Perhaps try download the latest mapping update to the USB and force an update?