BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2022, 04:27 PM   #1
mbesman
Rep
Drives: 2015 X4 280i

BMW X4 Right headlight error message fixed!

Ok..so I got the code and did the usual. Checked the bulb by switching it to working side and the bulb worked. Next up with the control module. After combing the internet only to find every freaking video on X3 and X5's and no videos on X4's of course, I went into project thinking I had to take off the bumper to get to the headlight module as every video suggested. Ordered a cheap china module on Amazon (Great Reviews) 40.00. BMW charges $500 for same module. The new module was lighter but all else looks same. Jacked the car...removed the wheel, took back the wheel liner. All fairly easy and just like most videos proposed. To my astonishment when I pulled liner back this is what I saw. The module was actually accessible without removing the bumper. Took out the old module (Pictured) and replaced with new. Light worked perfectly again. I can't tell you how excited I was that I actually didn't need to take off bumper. Don't know if that's actually the case for X3's and X5's but I'm proof that you DON'T need to take off bumper on an X4 to change out the module. By the way..causes of the module are usually water from car washes or that sort and the pins inside corrode. I attached some pics. Figured I'd post since I couldn't find a damn thing anywhere on the internet in forums or you tube on the X4. Also this is the 2015 X4 model. Hope this helps someone.Tools needed were a plastic rivet puller, t20 bit, and a couple of sockets like an 8 and 10mm. If I did it again knowing what I know it would take probably an hour total. Link to module if interested. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074V5WVFJ...roduct_details
Attached Images

Appreciate 0