BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #1739
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
@AvetNY here's the difference with ours:
The difference is Avetny doesn't have the full digi cluster.
ahhhh, nice spotting. I thought digital clusters were a standard thing on the m40's.
They are in most markets, but USA always gets very low equipment levels as standard.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 08:22 AM   #1740
GoodGuyAvi
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Thanks to AvetNY I have joined the sport red cluster club!

P.S. let us know if you find anymore goodies on the Russian forums

EDIT: upon closer inspection, mine looks different to yours? Did you change any other setting there?
Looks sick brotha, red color just killing it !!!! I definitely will post more stuff !
(Ps lmao i have non full digital claster)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 08:23 AM   #1741
GoodGuyAvi
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
They are in most markets, but USA always gets very low equipment levels as standard.
True it was pre build it like that.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 08:27 AM   #1742
zeich83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3M40i_Nev View Post
All,

Since coding Alpina and a few other things (which I have tried rolling back, re-coding etc, I am still unable to tick the check box that allows automatic time setting. It is doing my head in. BimmerCode Support suggested re-coding headunit and instrument cluster, but hasn't changed.

I was wondering if there is a checkbox enable setting in expert settings.

I wondered whether it was this one in HU_NBT_Evo:

HU_NBT2 3000 HMI 113 SETTINGS_TIME_AUTOMATIC online [01] Kommentar=Steuert die automatische Zeiteinstellung in der MMI ab 07/13
Quote:
All,

Since coding Alpina and a few other things (which I have tried rolling back, re-coding etc, I am still unable to tick the check box that allows automatic time setting. It is doing my head in. BimmerCode Support suggested re-coding headunit and instrument cluster, but hasn't changed.

HU_NBT2 3000 HMI 113 SETTINGS_TIME_AUTOMATIC online [01] Kommentar=Steuert die automatische Zeiteinstellung in der MMI ab 07/13
It seems that is what is says. „Controls the automatically time adjustment in the MMI since 07/13"
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #1743
gugin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Some more Excel files. The first attachment is advanced crash safety module. The only option I am aware of people have coded in that module is disabling seat belt reminders. The second attachment includes a bunch of ECUs listed below. They were easy to extract because the number of coding options for these ECUs is rather limited. I don't even know what some of these ECUs are (probably best not to play with them). Here is my understanding based on web searches.
  • AAG = Control unit for trailer hitch
  • AMPT = Audio amplifier
  • ASD = Audio Sound Design
  • ATM = GPS telematic control module
  • EGS = Transmission control module (?)
  • EPS3 = Electric power steering
  • KAFAS4 = Camera Assisted Driver Assistance System
  • LMV2 = Transfer case module (?)
  • RS = ???
  • SAS2 = Steering angle sensor
  • ZBE4 = iDrive controller
Attached Files
File Type: zip ACSM.zip (52.9 KB, 807 views)
File Type: zip Misc.zip (71.9 KB, 2162 views)
Appreciate 2
      09-02-2019, 09:38 AM   #1744
gugin
United_States
Rep

I think I am done extracting. There are only five other ECUs in my car that I have not extracted and I am not sure it's worth doing it. There is DSC (dynamic stability control) and ICAM (windshield camera on the back of the center mirror), which I cannot imagine ever coding due to the risks involved. Then there is FLM and USS--I don't know what those are. Finally, there is SM (seat memory). The driver's seat in my car does everything I need it to do (i.e., adjust depending on who is driving the car), so I have no reason to code anything there. What do you guys think? Are any of the ECU's useful? I've attached the list of coding options for each ECU. Getting the alphabetical list is easy; getting the rest of the information is the time consuming manual part.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Other ECUs (list of options, no comments).zip (143.6 KB, 1467 views)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:12 PM   #1745
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeich83 View Post
It seems that is what is says. „Controls the automatically time adjustment in the MMI since 07/13"
Nice one, thanks for the translation. I will give it a go 👍
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 06:32 PM   #1746
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
I think I am done extracting. There are only five other ECUs in my car that I have not extracted and I am not sure it's worth doing it. There is DSC (dynamic stability control) and ICAM (windshield camera on the back of the center mirror), which I cannot imagine ever coding due to the risks involved. Then there is FLM and USS--I don't know what those are. Finally, there is SM (seat memory). The driver's seat in my car does everything I need it to do (i.e., adjust depending on who is driving the car), so I have no reason to code anything there. What do you guys think? Are any of the ECU's useful? I've attached the list of coding options for each ECU. Getting the alphabetical list is easy; getting the rest of the information is the time consuming manual part.
Thanks for all this gugin!! What i'm really interested in with the seat coding is the Easy Seat Entry:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1362147

This basically slides the seat back everytime you open the door, allowing you to enter/exit much easier.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 06:50 PM   #1747
gugin
United_States
Rep

I am 6 foot 3, so my seat is always all the way back. I'll extract the SM module. I will certainly get to it after September 11. I am not too optimistic it will happen before then given the hours I'll be spending at work between now and then.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 06:56 PM   #1748
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Some more Excel files. The first attachment is advanced crash safety module. The only option I am aware of people have coded in that module is disabling seat belt reminders. The second attachment includes a bunch of ECUs listed below. They were easy to extract because the number of coding options for these ECUs is rather limited. I don't even know what some of these ECUs are (probably best not to play with them). Here is my understanding based on web searches.
  • AMPT = Audio amplifier
  • RS = ???
ACSM - can do other things like disable or adjust welcome gongs. Turn off seat belt tensioners, cameras at all speeds, etc.

Yes, EGS is transmission.

SAS - where driver assist functions are located. So, you can adjust default ACC+ distance, etc.

Definitely want to be careful playing with DSC.

Quote:
FLM is the Front Light Module (ie headlights)

SM: Easy entry, adjust temperature or cooling.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #1749
gugin
United_States
Rep

Thank you! FLM being the headlights makes sense. I came across this earlier today when looking at anti-dazzle HB. Now I understand why there are two FLM modules.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #1750
foglem
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i; Porsche Macan

I'd be curious about ICAM... I wonder about the lane keep assist option from the drivers assist plus package where the car nudges itself to stay in the lane. Technically the base level cars have the EPS and KAFAS systems typically so I'm curious if it's a coded option to turn on the lane keep if you were to add a toggle switch that's obviously missing on the steering wheel otherwise. Obviously you couldn't add the dynamic cruise as that's missing hardware. But the lane keep I assume all hardware but the toggle switch is present.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #1751
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
  • AMPT = Audio amplifier
  • RS = ???
ACSM - can do other things like disable or adjust welcome gongs. Turn off seat belt tensioners, cameras at all speeds, etc.

Yes, EGS is transmission.

SAS - where driver assist functions are located. So, you can adjust default ACC+ distance, etc.

Definitely want to be careful playing with DSC.

Quote:
FLM is the Front Light Module (ie headlights)

SM: Easy entry, adjust temperature or cooling.
Hey Almaretto, are you able to provide more info about the SM and easy entry?

It would be great if you could!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #1752
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Hey Almaretto, are you able to provide more info about the SM and easy entry?

It would be great if you could!
I have not had consistent results on the G01. But, it requires coding in BDC as well as SM.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 09:55 PM   #1753
Juris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X-3 M40i Alpine White 2019

Can you confirm it is not possible to code an audible sound to the rear blind spot warning? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:43 PM   #1754
gugin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juris View Post
Can you confirm it is not possible to code an audible sound to the rear blind spot warning? Thanks.
Can you please explain in more detail what you mean by that?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 12:21 AM   #1755
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
I would still love a way to have the fogs lights turn on/off with highbeams - this would work really well when you are telling people to move out of the fast lane, and also when you are using your high beams, you are in very low light conditions, so the fogs would compliment this.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #1756
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeich83 View Post
Quote:
All,

So....to fix this, I needed to go into Expert Mode, under HU_NBT_Evo, select Settings_Time_Automatic, and select navigation. That allows the check box in time/date to then be selected.

Not a biggie, but was really annoying me as should work :-)

I will feedback to BimmerCode
Attached Images

09-04-2019, 08:27 AM   #1757
Juris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X-3 M40i Alpine White 2019

Quote:
Can you please explain in more detail what you mean by that?
When parking I get an audible warning when I get too close to an object.

I would like to get a similar audible warning when my rear blind spot warning goes off. It flashes a yellow triangle in my external rearview mirror to warn me there is someone approaching from behind who may be in my rear blindspot area.

Can anyone confirm that it is not possible to add the audible sound to the rear blind spot warning? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 02:22 AM   #1758
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Is there also a front blind spot monitoring? AFAIK there is no audible warning available for BSM.
      09-05-2019, 04:32 AM   #1759
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
that would personally be annoying af, it would be beeping constantly unless you live out in the country.
Appreciate 1
kevinkay270.00
      09-05-2019, 04:40 AM   #1760
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
that would personally be annoying af, it would be beeping constantly unless you live out in the country.
If it would beep only if changing lanes and a car is it BS, I don't see it as a problem. Works like that with other manufactures.