BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
MMJD
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 YAS BLUE

X3M CP [UK]

Afternoon!
Recently signed up to the forum.

The last three years of driving have been a lot of fun; Pepper White/Red F56 JCW, Black F20 M140i, Yas Blue F82 M4 CP and now I’ve just signed for a X3M CP with the following Spec!
  • Donington Grey
  • BMW Black Merino leather
  • M Sport exhaust system
  • Steering wheel heating
  • Comfort Access
  • Panoramic glass sunroof
  • Sun protection glass
  • Rear Seat Back Adjustment
  • Lumbar support driver and front pass.
  • Extended storage
  • Electric Seat adjustment with memory
  • Seat heating front and rear
  • Carbon Fibre interior trim
  • Driving Assistant Plus
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • Apple CarPlay preparation
  • Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging
  • BMW Gesture Control
  • WiFi hotspot preparation
  • BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents
  • Comfort package

The main reason for the change was due to starting a family this year, and although the M4 is actually not that bad with small people, the ability to get a baby seats in and out is not great fun, especially in the rain!
Although the boot is big, the opening is not so much, however the X3M will offer us a sizeable family car with M performance.

I read/watched a lot of reviews on the X3M especially regarding the suspension which put me off even booking a test drive at first, but i was pleasantly surprised, and if I’m honest I’m not sure why the notorious YouTuber’s reviewed it so “harshly”.

I found the car a perfect mix between an SUV and an M Powered car that I’ve become use to, and secretly I know my neighbours will be happy to not have the MP exhaust non OPF cold start every morning!

Delivery should be the first week of December, and I’m looking forward to it.

Might even get a dog now

Anyone else made the same move?
Appreciate 3
Wills28656.00
/Mrico1.50
      11-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #2
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Yes, there is a big thread running on the UK F30 section loads of people getting in on the deal.

Your car is the same spec as mine although I don't get it until the end of Dec, was yours a stock car? As mine is coming over from the factory.

Enjoy!
      11-17-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
x3mcomp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Congrats. Love the Yas Blue on the M3/4, other half hates it. I moved from the M140i for the same reason, the possibility of starting a family and the prospect of getting a dog made the decision easier. Also no more 3 door car issues
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 10:17 AM   #4
MMJD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Yes, there is a big thread running on the UK F30 section loads of people getting in on the deal.

Your car is the same spec as mine although I don't get it until the end of Dec, was yours a stock car? As mine is coming over from the factory.

Enjoy!
Yes it was a port located car, only 4 cars with the spec I wanted and only one in Donington with Black.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
MMJD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3mcomp View Post
Congrats. Love the Yas Blue on the M3/4, other half hates it. I moved from the M140i for the same reason, the possibility of starting a family and the prospect of getting a dog made the decision easier. Also no more 3 door car issues
O the M4 is a monster of a car, and the Yas really makes it stand out on the road!

Good luck with all of that!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJD View Post
Yes it was a port located car, only 4 cars with the spec I wanted and only one in Donington with Black.
Actually I just realised yours is Donington mine is Sophisto.
      11-17-2019, 01:19 PM   #7
MMJD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Actually I just realised yours is Donington mine is Sophisto.
There was a few Sophisto left when we looked again yesterday, plenty of blacks too.
Nearly all the well spec’d stock cars are sold now.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #8
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
There was a few Sophisto left when we looked again yesterday, plenty of blacks too.
Nearly all the well spec’d stock cars are sold now.
Yeah Sophisto was my first choice then Black then Donnington but it's just a bit silver for my tastes, they are all pretty well speced regardless.
      11-17-2019, 03:22 PM   #9
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Try having red as your first choice - hardly any. Luckily I found that had the basics that I needed and didn't have black interior.

Congrats on the purchase, top spec!

I'm only 3 days and 70 miles in but bloody love it.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #10
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Joe Achilles review was rubbish and wide of the mark.

I see the X3M as a M3 Competition Pack Touring. To be frank, my old 640d on 20" run flats had a harsher ride!!!

Appreciate 1
      11-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #11
/Mrico
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

@MMJD Your spec sounds exact same as mine. I was lucky to call Eastern last week and they had a Donnigton car pre-reg, so deposit down. Hopefully picking up next Saturday.

I'd seen and sat in one in JC Aberdeen, had a thorough look over, just not test driven yet.

The wife and I have had plenty BMs, from 1 series to X3 and X5. Wife now has a new 1er for about 8 weeks and loves it.

I've had Mini Cooper S, Audi S3's, Golf R's and currently Golf GTI.

I was far down the M2 Comp spec road when I happened on the X3M Comp pricing deals. Various reviews later, I was putting deposit down.

I was slightly worried about the ride as per the YouTube reviews, but our X5 was on 20"s and it was fine. I've modified the S3 and Golfs, so larger rims and rubber band tyres I'm used to.

The deals in the U.K. are too good to pass on, especially as our 9 year old is into sports, so she always has 3 bags and the recent addition of a dog to the family has stretched the Golf boot space. The X3M Comp is best of both worlds, performance and space. Living in the country too the X drive will be required.

Far too excited it's not even real.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2019, 04:39 PM   #12
Triyanya
Rep
Drives: X3MC / Cayman / Taycan inbound

Picked up Friday from Park Lane / great service and smooth handover - tracker fitment all sorted by dealer and car was spotless. A dealer launch spec in black with black / beige interior and everything apart from Ventilated seats (why didn’t they add that ?) - joe Achilles (and others) YouTube test was so wide of the mark it’s laughable in retrospect. - (joe is usually great but this time he was very wrong)

200 miles in (Run in service already booked for 12 days time) - all I can say is wow ! / if you are used to BMW’s the ride is absolutely fine and around town is surprisingly smooth / the build quality is the best I’ve seen yet (and I’ve had 740Li / i8 and x6 etc) and the best bit is just astonishing performance / barely managing to restrain the 4500 rev limit - I cant wait to see what its like the other side of the run in service. And the OPF issue ? / it makes just enough subtle noise for those who know to realise what’s under the bonnet.
The car just feels so well put together and overall (especially with the U.K. deals) I would have to rate it one of my best yet - let’s hope the reliability is there!

Scorpion winters go on next weekend just to be safe !

If your thinking about it and in a position to do so - get in before the deals end early / word is almost all the available cars / slots are gone
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2019, 04:44 PM   #13
Triyanya
Rep

Picked up Friday from Park Lane / great service and smooth handover - tracker fitment all sorted by dealer and car was spotless. A dealer launch spec in black with black / beige interior and everything apart from Ventilated seats (why didn’t they add that ?) - joe Achilles (and others) YouTube test was so wide of the mark it’s laughable in retrospect. - (joe is usually great but this time he was very wrong)

200 miles in (Run in service already booked for 12 days time) - all I can say is wow ! / if you are used to BMW’s the ride is absolutely fine and around town is surprisingly smooth / the build quality is the best I’ve seen yet (and I’ve had 740Li / i8 and x6 etc) and the best bit is just astonishing performance / barely managing to restrain the 4500 rev limit - I cant wait to see what its like the other side of the run in service. And the OPF issue ? / it makes just enough subtle noise for those who know to realise what’s under the bonnet.
The car just feels so well out together and overall (especially with the U.K. deals) I would have to rate it one of my best yet - let’s hope the reliability is there!

If your thinking about it and in a position to do so get it before the deals end early / word is almost all the available cars / slots are gone
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 05:28 AM   #14
wibble1
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triyanya View Post
Curious as I'm debating this as well.. Are you expecting to see a notable difference in your neck of the woods with these on? Given how mild it's been so far..

From my limited googling, the scorpion winters are a normal 4x4 winter tyre and not a performance variance..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
MMJD
Private
Rep

Change of plan from me!

I have changed my order to Adelaide Grey/Black Extended Merino with Aluminium carbon trim.

The configurator doesn’t do Adelaide any justice, after seeing it today on the flesh I had to change my mind!
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #16
Triyanya
Rep

re tyres - I went with the pirelli performance winter variant as recommended by BMW / 21in with good speed ratings / its more the grip in the wet i was worried about and already (in the other car) had one too many aquaplaning events this season already - all in £1000 fitted ordered from europe via local fitter I've trusted for many years.

After one week in the car my biggest gripe now is the paranoia of kerbing the 21 in alloys in the tight car parks that litter the UK !
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #17
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Change of plan from me!

I have changed my order to Adelaide Grey/Black Extended Merino with Aluminium carbon trim.

The configurator doesn’t do Adelaide any justice, after seeing it today on the flesh I had to change my mind!
Good move, you're right pictures don't do it any justice and it looks brilliant in the flesh, the sakhir orange also really compliments my red paintwork.

I love that the X3M / X4M is the only BMW (currently) with some of these colour combinations.

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 12:34 AM   #18
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

Huge congrats on the order and starting the family. As a family car the X3 is a nearly unbeatable all rounder. I bought the G01 because we loved the F25 and liked that the G01 has the same boot shape and interior space.

The size of the car is brilliant too as it has the same foot print as a three series. Therefore it’s not too clumsy or bulky when parking in tight spaces.

If you ever need more storage space you can buy a roof box. We hired one once for our old X3 and it increased luggage capacity by 450L

I am glad many are jumping on these crazy X3M deals. It reminds me of when I bought my M140i Shadow Edition in June at £333/down and £333/month.
      11-25-2019, 02:28 AM   #19
MMJD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
Huge congrats on the order and starting the family. As a family car the X3 is a nearly unbeatable all rounder. I bought the G01 because we loved the F25 and liked that the G01 has the same boot shape and interior space.

The size of the car is brilliant too as it has the same foot print as a three series. Therefore it’s not too clumsy or bulky when parking in tight spaces.

If you ever need more storage space you can buy a roof box. We hired one once for our old X3 and it increased luggage capacity by 450L

I am glad many are jumping on these crazy X3M deals. It reminds me of when I bought my M140i Shadow Edition in June at £333/down and £333/month.
Thanks very much, pickup Saturday! Looking forward to it.
And yes the roof rails might come in handy if a drive to the Alps is on.

I jumped on that M140 deal, the M4 deal and now the X3M deal. None of them have caused me to be out of pocket, even after owning for as little as 10 months.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 03:33 AM   #20
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triyanya View Post

the best bit is just astonishing performance / barely managing to restrain the 4500 rev limit - I cant wait to see what its like the other side of the run in service.
Running rules are 5500rpm and 106mph so don't worry about exceeding 4500rpm!

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 04:17 AM   #21
MMJD
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Running rules are 5500rpm and 106mph so don't worry about exceeding 4500rpm!
Need pictures of your interior please
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 04:35 AM   #22
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Need pictures of your interior please
Will do a separate thread

Appreciate 0