BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #23
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Honestly a lot of the requests here should be very easy to accomplish. I don’t see any crazy requests. They have everything we are asking for here.
Appreciate 1
Max Well4734.50
      06-02-2020, 03:28 PM   #24
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
Took me a second to figure out what CCB was. I was thinking calcium channel blockers...oops.

Like several have already said...remote start, tow hitch (at least as an option, like it is in Europe), more colors or ensure individual colors can be ordered now at Spartanburg, wider tires.
Lol at CCB.
Appreciate 1
pluckydks621.50
      06-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #25
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, they had already announced the colors for the X3M/X4M prior to the start of this poll. Unless you are saying that's a reason they announced they will open up Spartanburg to individual colors, eventually?
No, sorry, plucky - the two Wish List threads were examples of how it seems BMW Staff are likely reading the Forums for ideas. The reason I did the color poll and brought that up now, is a number of us had hoped we'd have more color choices with the F97/98 lines, at least significantly different from the G01/02 lines, but as that didn't happen I was planting the seed for the LCI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Honestly a lot of the requests here should be very easy to accomplish. I don’t see any crazy requests. They have everything we are asking for here.
Agreed - appreciate you starting the thread as it'll be easy for them to follow. Back when we were discussing the G01 and there were over 90 ideas, it became tough to follow as some were being repeated, so it was helpful to list back then with that volume.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 03:46 PM   #26
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

^^ Anytime.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #27
Dethsupp0rt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSurge View Post
no one has an issue with the firmness in comfort mode?
Not really. If I wanted something floaty, I wouldn't have bought an M.
Appreciate 4
pluckydks621.50
BMWZ41909.50
sd306380.50
      06-02-2020, 05:21 PM   #28
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
No, sorry, plucky - the two Wish List threads were examples of how it seems BMW Staff are likely reading the Forums for ideas. The reason I did the color poll and brought that up now, is a number of us had hoped we'd have more color choices with the F97/98 lines, at least significantly different from the G01/02 lines, but as that didn't happen I was planting the seed for the LCI.

Agreed - appreciate you starting the thread as it'll be easy for them to follow. Back when we were discussing the G01 and there were over 90 ideas, it became tough to follow as some were being repeated, so it was helpful to list back then with that volume.
Ok, then as I mentioned, that poll was started after they already announced the available colors (or lack thereof). Hopefully they’ll see it when it’s closer to LCI
Appreciate 1
Max Well4734.50
      06-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #29
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Interesting that no one has asked for more power or torque.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 06:47 PM   #30
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
Yes, I got the call also. Mentioned the tailgate and seat. Forgot to mention a tow hitch stock!
As long as it's stealth like the European offering on our cars. I look back to my factory M40i solution, and it totally ruins the rear in comparison.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 06:49 PM   #31
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Full Merino leather option
Optional B&O sound system
More exterior colors, incl. some individual colors
Optional roof rail delete on X3M
Wider stock tires (staggered 265/295 setup)
.................................................. ..............
Pipe dream:
CF roof option for Max Well 😁
M3 button (two buttons/settings not enough)
Optional six piston front brakes
Optional M CF/alcantara flat bottom steering wheel (instead of aftermarket install)
I'll second the call for the B&O sound system. Heard it in a X7. Want it. Totally realize we're "just a 3", but some choose the 3 from the X lineup based off size alone.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7836.00
FrankieNuo1219.00
      06-02-2020, 06:53 PM   #32
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Quote:
I got a call today and they could see my previous S1000rr, M3s, M5s, and this X3m
He asked for recommendations on the X3m. Mine were CCBS brakes, laser lights, and the seat bottom from the M5. The X3m seat bottom is too narrow. In 5’8”, 190. Overweight I am not. He said he has heard the seat bottom is too narrow already. I think we might see something there in the future.
Completely agree on the seats. We're about the same size and it's a struggle for me too I will say after 8k miles, I have stretched it out a bit, and it fits me snugly but no longer uncomfortably. Then again, my physique is not average American or European for that matter. Couple of decades of squats will transform you permenantly.....
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 07:40 PM   #33
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Ok, then as I mentioned, that poll was started after they already announced the available colors (or lack thereof). Hopefully they’ll see it when it’s closer to LCI
Exactly.

Quote:
With the number of inexpensive tunes available, those seem to be readily fixable issues right now, but yeah, goes without saying that an OEM offering of what these tunes are producing with full BMW warranty support would be appreciated. Don't see it happening without a CS version, but that would be a straightforward addition for the M team without a huge amount of R&D it seems.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 07:45 PM   #34
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
They will only add power if the competitors bring out new models with more power. Let’s say the new 2022 GLC63s gets 575 hp, pretty sure BMW would add power to match this number.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2020, 08:20 PM   #35
FrankieNuo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23' G80

Garage List
2023 Bmw M3  [8.36]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSurge View Post
no one has an issue with the firmness in comfort mode?
Absolutely not. Very compliant for an M car.
Appreciate 1
sd306380.50
      06-03-2020, 01:53 AM   #36
SuperSport
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X3MC, '16 Cayenne S

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
What about the tailgate?
Myself and some others have had an issue with the gate opening without pressing the fob.
      06-03-2020, 09:11 AM   #37
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
Myself and some others have had an issue with the gate opening without pressing the fob.
I've had the issue but it was likely caused by accidental key presses in my pocket.

On the G01 forum, several have stated they were able to have the dealer program so the key fob will only open the trunk when the doors are unlocked. I asked my service advisor and he said there is no way on my F97 and a lot of people have that complaint....but I'm not sure I trust his knowledge.

I've read other posts where people said it opened randomly without the keys on them while driving. So it appears there may be at least two issues, one with the accidental key press and the other with it just randomly opening.

I missed my garage door by about an inch due to one opening - I now park way more forward than I would like.

This is a serious safety issue that it can open unwanted. People who have it randomly open while driving and keep their dog back there are terrified.

I cannot believe BMW will not resolve this. I have a 2007 Nissan Armada and never had the hatch open unless I wanted it to.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #38
ivansis
Rep
Drives: X3MC

After about a week of ownership (first BMW) here a some changes/improvements I'd propose:
- Reduce the use of glossy panels in the interior - i already got some scratches next to cup holder.
- Enhance trip computer with 'short term' and 'long term' memory values
- Seat bottoms are too narrow
- Illuminate door stills
- Move garage opener button to driver's visor (i find mirror placement a bit weird)
- Make cluster panel auto-dimming optional (like it to be full brightness all the time)
- Add massage function to seats (not critical, but nice to have )
- Add google maps to on-board nav
- Add turbo boost level gauge to cluster panel
- Separate compartment for vehicle book binder (so it does not occupy glove compartment)
- Better quality plastic for dashboard vents and start/stop button panel (looks a bit cheap)

I know I might be nitpicking some things, and I'm a recent convert from Audi so please don't judge too much.
BTW, I have zero complains about drivetrain and I find ride stiffness not an issue so far.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #39
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

They really need an OEM mud flap (splash guard) accessory for the X3/4M and M40i. I understand it's an M-car but it's also an SUV first and foremost.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 04:39 PM   #40
CaptSlow27
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse@MBRP View Post
RWD biased mode would be an excellent addition. CCB would be an immediate hit with me as well.
This is how the AWD system works in stock form, according to the technical manual. Power is supplied to the front wheels only when the rears start to slip. Less power is transferred when in 4WD Sport.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 04:46 PM   #41
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansis View Post
After about a week of ownership (first BMW) here a some changes/improvements I'd propose:
- Reduce the use of glossy panels in the interior - i already got some scratches next to cup holder.
- Illuminate door stills
- Move garage opener button to driver's visor (i find mirror placement a bit weird)
- Make cluster panel auto-dimming optional (like it to be full brightness all the time)
- Separate compartment for vehicle book binder (so it does not occupy glove compartment)
- Better quality plastic for dashboard vents and start/stop button panel (looks a bit cheap)

I know I might be nitpicking some things, and I'm a recent convert from Audi so please don't judge too much.
BTW, I have zero complains about drivetrain and I find ride stiffness not an issue so far.
You got a garage opener in yours? Was that an option? Also, I think cluster dimming is optional. I think you can set it somewhere in the menu. It’s been a while since I’ve messed with the options, but I think I’ve seen it.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #42
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansis View Post
- Illuminate door stills

You got a garage opener in yours? Was that an option? Also, I think cluster dimming is optional. I think you can set it somewhere in the menu. It’s been a while since I’ve messed with the options, but I think I’ve seen it.
All my BMW's came with garage door openers (under the mirror!). It was a standard piece of kit if I recall correctly
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 1
pluckydks621.50
      06-03-2020, 05:53 PM   #43
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
They really need an OEM mud flap (splash guard) accessory for the X3/4M and M40i. I understand it's an M-car but it's also an SUV first and foremost.
I used the eBay ones for the M40i and am very happy. I can post the link to the thread if interested.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #44
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
All my BMW's came with garage door openers (under the mirror!). It was a standard piece of kit if I recall correctly
After I saw this reply, I ran to the car. Low and behold, garage door opener! I picked it up in Germany and didn't have a garage there. If the BMW Genius told me about it, I obviously forgot. I was looking for it in the roof liner, similar to where it was on my E46 M3. It took a while for it to work, but finally got it to work. The instructions say I could use the remote, but I couldn't get that to work and ended up using the program button on the motor itself.
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41909.50