BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #23
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnaggs View Post
Yes that’s what happened, but it’s been a long time since I’ve used it on my car own car. Will have to look into this. I do have INPA or what ever it’s called, but it’s on a shitty ass laptop that hardly works. lol
inpa makes me want to walk infront of a bus. Tried it once while troubleshooting my 325xi that had severe electrical damage/corrosion and it drove me mad.
      07-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #24
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
I can understand that, but its only $60 a year. I use it religiously as I maintain my personal fleet of 6 bmws plus on my boys car and the wife. So the amount of benefit I get outweighs the cost, at the least I am changing out 2 batteries a year plus do all of my own diagnostics and repairs unless it is something that requires heavy duty specialized equipment. I cant live without it, it is so nice to send reports to my email instantly.
Glad you your money's worth out of Carly. Changing 2 batteries a year seems above normal for 6 vehicles. Do some of them sit for long periods of time?

I just hate to buy something, then have to pay the manufacturer every year for the privlege to continue using it. In 10 years they have $600 of my money, no thanks. It would be one thing if they charged for major updates with new features every few years. It didn't use to have an annual fee.

Personally, I use E-Sys for coding and it codes stuff Carly can't, plus it will update ECU versions. I use Rheingold for diagnoses.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 12:29 AM   #25
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
Glad you your money's worth out of Carly. Changing 2 batteries a year seems above normal for 6 vehicles. Do some of them sit for long periods of time?

I just hate to buy something, then have to pay the manufacturer every year for the privlege to continue using it. In 10 years they have $600 of my money, no thanks. It would be one thing if they charged for major updates with new features every few years. It didn't use to have an annual fee.

Personally, I use E-Sys for coding and it codes stuff Carly can't, plus it will update ECU versions. I use Rheingold for diagnoses.
Yeah I dont drive my cars very often, I never drive my M3 and my N55 335xi, barely use my N54 335i, my 325xi has been shut down for months (water leak/electrical gremlins), and the story goes on the same with all the other cars. I put most of my miles on my company car, a 2017 x328.

You are right tho, long term use of carly will end up costing me a stupid amount of money. I will probably look into upgrading to the more capable stuff down the line, but for now I am happy with it. I dump so much money into the cars, $60 bucks is a tank of gas so I am not loosing my mind over it. But again, long term it will add up.

Any updates on the situation btw?
      07-29-2019, 02:36 PM   #26
shnaggs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDi

Quick update:

So I have not had the chance to take the vehicle to the dealer, or get my hands on looking the engine over. But since we have put about 2 tank fulls of fresh 93 octane through her, she defiantly feels better. Must have been just bad gas, or low quality/octane fuel the dealer put in it. I will say that she isnt as torquey as I was expecting, but she does go well up top. I did get the sport gauges up and monitored Hp/Tq and they both were registering right around 300 from what I could tell.

I will say that I like this little vehicle very much and am already thinking 3 years down the road to when we trade this in on the M40i version

But I will most likely wait till the warranty runs out and throw a stg 1 tune on her in the mean time.

Thanks for all the input guys and gals
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #27
Bufalo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I put the burger stage 1 on my wife's and it made a modest but noticeably fun difference.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #28
najnad
General of the Space Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 X3 35i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnaggs View Post
Quick update:

So I have not had the chance to take the vehicle to the dealer, or get my hands on looking the engine over. But since we have put about 2 tank fulls of fresh 93 octane through her, she defiantly feels better. Must have been just bad gas, or low quality/octane fuel the dealer put in it. I will say that she isnt as torquey as I was expecting, but she does go well up top. I did get the sport gauges up and monitored Hp/Tq and they both were registering right around 300 from what I could tell.

I will say that I like this little vehicle very much and am already thinking 3 years down the road to when we trade this in on the M40i version

But I will most likely wait till the warranty runs out and throw a stg 1 tune on her in the mean time.

Thanks for all the input guys and gals
Hope you have put in a good fuel system cleaner like Redline SI-1 or similar since the PO seems to have used low octane gas on it...
Current: 2020 X5 x40i M-Sport, Arctic Grey Metallic / Ivory White, Executive Package, Luggage Compartment Package, Integral Active Steering, Tow Package, Parking Assist Package, Driving Assist Package, M-Sport brakes, Tux Mats
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #29
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Sport mode, sport mode, sport mode. Regular is just ECo because of the MONUMENTAL throttle lag and then sudden harsh delivery. Sport is a million times better and she hustles.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 01:37 AM   #30
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Flash MHD
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #31
shnaggs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDi

Quick update for everyone.

A few months ago I flashed xhp because it removes or bumps some of the torque limiters in certain gears. Little bit of an improvement in roll on response. Then just a few weeks ago I decided to just do it! So I flashed MHD stg 1, huge improvement! The response and drivability is how this car should have been stock, it actually feels like a turbo inline 6 cyl...finally!!!!
Appreciate 0