BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-17-2019, 04:55 PM   #45
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
I've found out from BMW UK that this is not an option that is available on the M40i for MY20.

It is however available for the M40d MY20 which is just bizarre and I tried arguing my case for my order for the M40i and they weren't prepared to offer that to me as a custom attribute on my order which is just madness.

Very annoyed about it as have to fuss around with the removal after the car is deliver when it would be so easy to not install it during the build.
They’re very easy to get off a new car, bit of heat and they should just peel right off.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 12:54 AM   #46
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
I've found out from BMW UK that this is not an option that is available on the M40i for MY20.

It is however available for the M40d MY20 which is just bizarre and I tried arguing my case for my order for the M40i and they weren't prepared to offer that to me as a custom attribute on my order which is just madness.

Very annoyed about it as have to fuss around with the removal after the car is deliver when it would be so easy to not install it during the build.
They're very easy to get off a new car, bit of heat and they should just peel right off.
Thanks Teaston - I'll be sure to do that!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 01:58 AM   #47
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
great pics
agree carbon black is the best color!

I also noticed that in Europe you get an "M" just below the exterior mirrros
in the US we don't get it
They were introduced a while back. Can be deleted on orders along with boot debadging, but mine was a stock order and left them on.
De-badging seems to have disappeared from the M40i, since the MY2020 changes went live on the UK configurator.

Hopefully it makes a comeback as that's the first thing I'd tick (after all the toys)

That's annoying - and a bit strange!

I really like the fact mine is totally debadged. Makes it a real "sleeper"!
Appreciate 0