BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #23
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep
Drives: around: in: circles:

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
i have looked for that string everywhere inside FRM and i havent been able to find it... i am sure that car is able to do it but perhaps this option is listed under another name...
Yes, I did the same - I asked shawnsheriden over in the coding threads as he's one of the coding gurus and he said that the function doesn't exist in the F1x and F25
      11-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #24
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

hmmm....

it may be... but i willing to bet is listed under another name....
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2015, 01:32 AM   #25
pej7445
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Garage List
2019 x3 m40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
Disabling driver & passenger seatbelt 'bongs'and dash warnings

ACSM Module
- 3000 Ausstattungsflags
-- SBR_FA_GWF_SBR_FA
---> change to aktiv (default:nicht_aktiv)
-- SBR_BF_GWF_SBR_BF
-- SPW_FA
-- SPW_BF

Tested on: UK 20d MSport
Quote:
Enabling LIM function ('soft' speed limiter) via Cruise Control SET button

ICM Module
- 3000 daten, F8
-- SLD_Funktion
-- C_Umschaltung_ACC_DCC
---> change to zugelassen (default:unterdruecken)

BKOMBI Module (the name of the KOMBI module may change slightly depending on spec)
- 3003 FZG_Ausstattung, 10
--- SLD_ENABLE

What is LIM function?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #26
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pej7445 View Post
What is LIM function?
As mentioned above it's a 'soft' speed limiter - you set the value in the same way as cruise but it allows you to use throttle/brake as normal but, when you get to the set speed, the car won't go any faster.

It's a 'soft' limit as you can 'force' your way past the set speed by pressing harder on the throttle, once you're past the set speed everything works as normal.

This is very useful in the UK where we have a lot of in-town speed cameras as it allows you to keep your eyes on the road without constantly checking the speedo to see if you've accidentally strayed over the posted limit
      01-20-2016, 06:34 PM   #27
NOITALL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

I always missed my E90 "Rest" feature (Residual Heat, when car is off it blows hot air in cabin, so you can shut off the engine and come back to a warm car) on my X3 F25.

The "All" button functions as REST now (but I lost the ALL ability, I cannot synchronize both temps as I used to. No problem for me, as I never understood the reason for it to exist).

Here's the code shared with the community:

Module: IHKA
RESERVIERET_REST_TASTE_VERBAUT
WERTE_01 (Default is WERTE_00)

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 04:41 AM   #28
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm wrong View Post
I always missed my E90 "Rest" feature (Residual Heat, when car is off it blows hot air in cabin, so you can shut off the engine and come back to a warm car) on my X3 F25.

The "All" button functions as REST now (but I lost the ALL ability, I cannot synchronize both temps as I used to. No problem for me, as I never understood the reason for it to exist).

Cheers!
I don't think we have an 'ALL' button but, from context, I believe you mean the button that sets the passenger side temp settings to match those on the driver's side - this is labelled SYNC in ours.

Thanks for sharing that, I'll try it next time I've got the laptop hooked up to the car
      01-21-2016, 11:38 PM   #29
brainy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
As mentioned above it's a 'soft' speed limiter - you set the value in the same way as cruise but it allows you to use throttle/brake as normal but, when you get to the set speed, the car won't go any faster.

It's a 'soft' limit as you can 'force' your way past the set speed by pressing harder on the throttle, once you're past the set speed everything works as normal.

This is very useful in the UK where we have a lot of in-town speed cameras as it allows you to keep your eyes on the road without constantly checking the speedo to see if you've accidentally strayed over the posted limit
If you code the LIM to the cruise control button, can you still use cruise control?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 06:47 AM   #30
Scandic24
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: X4 30d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm wrong View Post

Cheers!
Not available? Hmm, I have the REST function (residual heat) in my X4.
I just press the rightmost part of the "fan speed" button and the REST function will start.
(Ofcourse, engine has to be warm, battery must be ok etc.)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 09:12 AM   #31
PerryGunn
Idiot-in-chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainy View Post
If you code the LIM to the cruise control button, can you still use cruise control?
Yes cruise still works as before it's just that you can't use the SET button to set the cruise speed

As standard there are four buttons on the steering wheel that relate to cruise
- Activate / Set / Resume and the rocker button

You use Activate to turn on cruise, then you have three ways to set the cruise speed, the SET button, the RESume button or use the rocker to set the speed and activate it

When you activate LIM functionality, the SET button becomes the LIM activation button. You press SET and LIM appears in the dash and a green marker appears on the edge of the speedo at your current speed, you can use the rocker button to move the green indicator around the speedo to set your "max speed" (same as you do with the orange cruise marker)

Now, because you've changed the function of the SET button, it won't set cruise speed anymore and you have to use one of the other two ways of setting cruise speed

The Activate button still turns on cruise but you set the speed by pressing Resume (speed is automatically set at current speed whenever you press Activate) or by using the rocker button to set the speed and activate it at the same time

Hopefully that's clear - it's easier to use than to explain
      01-22-2016, 07:47 PM   #32
martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Enable closing of tailgate with keyfob

HKFM Module
-- SCH_FBD
-- TASTER_FBD

Does this also enable the option to open the tailgate from the fob (or does that already happen by default?)? Sorry ... Picking up a 2015 x3 for my wife on the weekend and want to program this. Does this also enable the option to open from the "button" on the drivers side door that I keep hearing about?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 08:12 PM   #33
NOITALL
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Does this also enable the option to open the tailgate from the fob (or does that already happen by default?)? Sorry ... Picking up a 2015 x3 for my wife on the weekend and want to program this. Does this also enable the option to open from the "button" on the drivers side door that I keep hearing about?
The trunk opens with anything (button on fob, button on the trunk lid over the licence plate, and button close to the pedals/door sill).

It only closes (at least in North america) through the button on the trunk lid (or manually pulling the door down). you can code so that it also closes with the buttons on will/fob.

The windows/roof have a similar pattern, and open through fob (holding the button that unlocks the car), buttons on door panel/armrests, and holding the handle to unlock the car, or through the metal key.
You can code it to close them through the methods above (it won't close with the fob without coding).

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #34
brainy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Yes cruise still works as before it's just that you can't use the SET button to set the cruise speed

As standard there are four buttons on the steering wheel that relate to cruise
- Activate / Set / Resume and the rocker button

You use Activate to turn on cruise, then you have three ways to set the cruise speed, the SET button, the RESume button or use the rocker to set the speed and activate it

When you activate LIM functionality, the SET button becomes the LIM activation button. You press SET and LIM appears in the dash and a green marker appears on the edge of the speedo at your current speed, you can use the rocker button to move the green indicator around the speedo to set your "max speed" (same as you do with the orange cruise marker)

Now, because you've changed the function of the SET button, it won't set cruise speed anymore and you have to use one of the other two ways of setting cruise speed

The Activate button still turns on cruise but you set the speed by pressing Resume (speed is automatically set at current speed whenever you press Activate) or by using the rocker button to set the speed and activate it at the same time

Hopefully that's clear - it's easier to use than to explain
Yes, perfectly explained. Thanks!

Looks like i'll be coding this option once my x3 arrives.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #35
TomaGo
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Thanks for this clear information PerryGunn
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 02:45 AM   #36
Tmost
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2015 LCI X3 20d Xline

Thanks PerryGunn!
lead to this thread!!

Now I want to know that Angel Led brightness change(like 40% 50%...).
I just change angel led itself brighter.
Not when headlights on nor daylights on.
FRA module? what function ?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #37
Raymii
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2012

Hello,

I've got a problem when coding the LIM function on my 2012 X3 F25 (Warning message about DSP).
Could someone confirm me he tried to code this function and had be successful ?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #38
TomaGo
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

I did it sucessfully on a 2015 X4
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 08:13 AM   #39
Cucca1976
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3 f25 futura 2011

Hi all.
I tried to encode the set button with LIM but I do not have the encoding LDM_SET_Taste so I do not work. I have a BMW X3 F25 of 2011. Has anyone managed to set it up?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #40
marcoX3
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 Xdrive 20d 2017

Hi there!
I'm new owner of one of the last X3 F25 (bought at the end of 2017).

Happy to read of such forum and expecially this post...

I'm particularly interested to add some features like LIM, ASD, beep on doors-lock, folding mirrors on doors-lock, and others....

I was wondering if it is possible to code my car even if it has NBT EVO main unit.

Anyone tried to code recent F25 (2017)?

Thanks!
M
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 09:33 PM   #41
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Yes I have done some mods on my NBT2 evo and have activated cornering lights using my fog lights in my FRM as I don't have adaptive headlights. You can also activate the blinks on your HUD if you have one.
      03-16-2018, 10:14 PM   #42
antixian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: car

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoX3 View Post
Hi there!
I'm new owner of one of the last X3 F25 (bought at the end of 2017).

Happy to read of such forum and expecially this post...

I'm particularly interested to add some features like LIM, ASD, beep on doors-lock, folding mirrors on doors-lock, and others....

I was wondering if it is possible to code my car even if it has NBT EVO main unit.

Anyone tried to code recent F25 (2017)?

Thanks!
M
yes you certainly can, i have a late model 2017 x3 35i and have coded a lot of things. i removed the disclaimers, enabled video in motion, folding mirrors on lock, rear view cam when moving backwards, 360 cam view while driving (under 50km/ph - up to 200m), enabled usb video, other video codecs, m sport startup animation, tire pressure with temp, key fob all windows down/moonroof open, key fob all windows up/moon roof closed, unlock doors when car turned off. these are all the ones i remember off the top of my head. may have a few others.

easiest way is to use bimmercode app. if you have iphone get the vgate wifi adapter or android use the bluetooth one.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2018, 04:57 AM   #43
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Enabling LIM function ('soft' speed limiter) via Cruise Control SET button

ICM Module
- 3000 daten, F8
-- SLD_Funktion
-- C_Umschaltung_ACC_DCC
---> change to zugelassen (default:unterdruecken)

BKOMBI Module (the name of the KOMBI module may change slightly depending on spec)
- 3003 FZG_Ausstattung, 10
--- SLD_ENABLE

Has anyone tested this feature fully? So in US Spec cars the LIM function shows up on KOMBI in miles per hour and i haven't found a way to make it display in km/h. so whats the big deal you ask??? this is more a problem for US expats or for import vehicles in Europe. Also when you change it to km/h the increments are in either single mile units or 5 miles units depending on the stalk click you select. This means that in when displaying KOMBI in KM units there will be a huge jump between single km clicks and multi km clicks.

Also, i remember that while having Active Cruise Control, there are times that the systems will degrade itself to regular cruise control if one of the sensors has an issue.

This does not happen if you code LIM. The system will disable active cruise control completely if there is a problem with the vehicles sensors. It will not degrade to regular cruise control. it will give you an error saying that cruise control cannot be activated at this time.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 05:00 AM   #44
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antixian View Post
yes you certainly can, i have a late model 2017 x3 35i and have coded a lot of things. i removed the disclaimers, enabled video in motion, folding mirrors on lock, rear view cam when moving backwards, 360 cam view while driving (under 50km/ph - up to 200m), enabled usb video, other video codecs, m sport startup animation, tire pressure with temp, key fob all windows down/moonroof open, key fob all windows up/moon roof closed, unlock doors when car turned off. these are all the ones i remember off the top of my head. may have a few others.

easiest way is to use bimmercode app. if you have iphone get the vgate wifi adapter or android use the bluetooth one.
does the late model F25 have now speed limit info with no passing indicator?
Appreciate 0