BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-12-2022, 06:25 AM   #243
KDT123
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
My process is similar to yours, it's a car ordered through work via an intermediary who work with BMW Corporate.

The Capricornus Leader unloaded at Southampton over the weekend and the next one due is the Phoenix Leader (as you say), which is due in on 22nd July, as per the NYKJ schedule (https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk27.pdf).

Perhaps get in touch with Stephen James' Corporate department and find out the VIN for your car, which you can then use to check status updates with the Genius team via the BMW website or on Twitter. They'll be able to tell you the dates that the status changes occurred to you should be able to tell from that when the car was loaded onto the ship, which hopefully will coincides with when the Phoenix Leader visited Dalian.

If your car is on the Phoenix Leader, you'll see some status updates after 23rd July. I find the system the Twitter team use updates faster than the one used by the Genius team on the BMW website. Either way, you'll get there soon enough!

Hope this helps!

Thank you for this! I think the contact I have in corporate is sick of my chasing emails ha! Next time (if) he replies I will politely ask for the VIN. I just found it strange they said 18th July when there are no NYK boats due to dock then, so I was hoping it was on the one that docked over the weekend but does not appear so! Fingers crossed it will be on the boat coming on the 22nd and no further delays
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 01:26 AM   #244
brad2809
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sprot Pro ix3

The Phoenix leader was heading towards zeebrugge port, its now changed course and arriving at the port brixham this morning. This is strange, hope theres no delay or even better unload the ix3's at brixham
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 01:34 AM   #245
Mjones1707
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2809 View Post
The Phoenix leader was heading towards zeebrugge port, its now changed course and arriving at the port brixham this morning. This is strange, hope theres no delay or even better unload the ix3's at brixham
I have just seen this aswell. I think it might just be an error, and will hopefully correct itself.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 02:52 AM   #246
Imspartacus123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjones1707 View Post
I have just seen this aswell. I think it might just be an error, and will hopefully correct itself.
I do hope this means some of you guys will be getting your wheels earlier than expected, good luck all
      07-14-2022, 03:31 AM   #247
brad2809
Rep

Quote:
Its defiantly heading towards Brixham, the saga continues!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 04:21 AM   #248
KDT123
Rep

Quote:
Its defiantly heading towards Brixham, the saga continues!!!
Its just changed to say its going to Belgium and will arrive tomorrow.. 1 day later than it planned according to the latest schedule
https://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk28.pdf

Maybe a fuel stop who knows why it said Brixham
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 09:29 AM   #249
Adeefc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i Sport

Anyone else delivery status 165 if so what's delivery date at the moment?- mine has been this status since 1st July - with delivery date 5th Sept.

Can't get a straight answer as to if Car is in China or now at sea en route to Bremerhaven, literally get a different answer each time I speak to the genius.

Dread to think it's just been sitting at port for 15 days in China.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 10:00 AM   #250
BumBum22
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320 2020, BMW 330 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeefc View Post
Anyone else delivery status 165 if so what's delivery date at the moment?- mine has been this status since 1st July - with delivery date 5th Sept.

Can't get a straight answer as to if Car is in China or now at sea en route to Bremerhaven, literally get a different answer each time I speak to the genius.

I just spoke with the dealer today, and we looked it up their system together. Mine is also status 165 and has been since 16th june. Delivery date in the system is set to week 36 (Denmark)

Most Likely its on the Grand Orion, but this is not 100 percent confirmed
Appreciate 1
Adeefc6.00
      07-15-2022, 10:03 AM   #251
Adeefc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 318i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumBum22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeefc View Post

I just spoke with the dealer today, and we looked it up their system together. Mine is also status 165 and has been since 16th june. Delivery date in the system is set to week 36 (Denmark)

Most Likely its on the Grand Orion, but this is not 100 percent confirmed
Great thanks, that makes sense and I'm hoping mine is on the same boat there, as it has broadly the same delivery date.

And the fact yours is still 165 would suggest it is on a boat as it's been that status for a long while.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 01:01 PM   #252
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro 2022

I've just spoken to BMW Genius and they've confirmed my car is in the country and on a car carrier on the way to my dealer. It turns out it was on the Capricornus Leader.

Potentially only another 7-10 days to wait now. I'm like an impatient child :-)
Appreciate 1
Rathian155.00
      07-15-2022, 02:18 PM   #253
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardgb1111 View Post
I've just spoken to BMW Genius and they've confirmed my car is in the country and on a car carrier on the way to my dealer. It turns out it was on the Capricornus Leader.

I suspect you will not be disappointed and the wait will have been worth it
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2022, 02:20 PM   #254
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:

Good news. Can I ask what build date your car shows when you check a vin decoder? Hoping my car is with yours.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 03:03 PM   #255
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerouali View Post
Good news. Can I ask what build date your car shows when you check a vin decoder? Hoping my car is with yours.
I don't have a VIN number so can't confirm exact build date. From memory I think my dealer said when I paid them one of my many visits that it was due to go into production w/c 9th or 16th May.

For what it is worth, this past Monday BMW Genius was still saying it was on a boat.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2022, 03:07 PM   #256
Zerouali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
I don't have a VIN number so can't confirm exact build date. From memory I think my dealer said when I paid them one of my many visits that it was due to go into production w/c 9th or 16th May.

For what it is worth, this past Monday BMW Genius was still saying it was on a boat.
That’s promising then, the genius told me my car was still on the boat but it was built on May 6th. I’ll have to chase the genius up on Monday
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 04:20 PM   #257
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:

Good to see someone else who’s car was on the Capricornus Leader! My dealer has advised that my car will be arriving with them towards the end of next week but I’m hoping that’s just a worst case.

Which dealer have you bought your car from?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 02:10 AM   #258
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Good to see someone else who’s car was on the Capricornus Leader! My dealer has advised that my car will be arriving with them towards the end of next week but I’m hoping that’s just a worst case.

Which dealer have you bought your car from?
I’m getting mine from my local dealer Inchcape.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 02:48 AM   #259
brad2809
Rep

So confusing, see attached. Been told status code 195 is at sea for weeks now genius stating my car is in the uk.

I was resigned to the fact my car is on the phoniex leader, but others who cars were built around the same week were on the capricornus leader. Been telling myself to switch off and just wait for the phone call but too eager to sit back and wait
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 02:54 AM   #260
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So confusing, see attached. Been told status code 195 is at sea for weeks now genius stating my car is in the uk.

I was resigned to the fact my car is on the phoniex leader, but others who cars were built around the same week were on the capricornus leader. Been telling myself to switch off and just wait for the phone call but too eager to sit back and wait
I’ve done that too, going to sit and wait it out. I decided that no amount of asking Genius is going to get the car delivered any quicker!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 03:51 AM   #261
KDT123
Rep

just enquired and was advised that it is a "195" which means car has left factory and is in process of being delivered by logistics partners.

They said it will be delivered to my dealer W/C 1st August, which is frustrating given my dealer said end of June, then 18th July with a delivery to me 4/5 days after it arrives at port
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 05:20 AM   #262
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDT123 View Post
just enquired and was advised that it is a "195" which means car has left factory and is in process of being delivered by logistics partners.

They said it will be delivered to my dealer W/C 1st August, which is frustrating given my dealer said end of June, then 18th July with a delivery to me 4/5 days after it arrives at port
Unfortunately that is a very very similar story to mine. And my delivery date to the dealer is also w/c 1st august. Maybe give your dealer a call and ask them to prioritise turning your car round quickly for you.
It’ll be here before we know it. 😊 I’m super excited now.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 05:38 AM   #263
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately that is a very very similar story to mine. And my delivery date to the dealer is also w/c 1st august. Maybe give your dealer a call and ask them to prioritise turning your car round quickly for you.
It’ll be here before we know it. 😊 I’m super excited now.
My car is taking aaaaaaages. It arrived into Southampton on 10th July and my dealer has said it won't be arriving with them until 21st July at the earliest. Seems like a fair while to get the car on the back of a transporter and up to the Midlands. Hoping delivery will be next week at some point.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 05:50 AM   #264
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
My car is taking aaaaaaages. It arrived into Southampton on 10th July and my dealer has said it won't be arriving with them until 21st July at the earliest. Seems like a fair while to get the car on the back of a transporter and up to the Midlands. Hoping delivery will be next week at some point.
Arghh it’s so frustrating. But it’ll be with you in no time. 🙌

You’re a bit further ahead than me. I think mine is on the Phoenix leader. Due into Southampton on Friday.

I have had to give my old car back to the leasing company last week. And am now without a car cos this ix3 has taken so much longer than what it was supposed to. But I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait!
Appreciate 0