BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #1
M235Montreal
BMW Lover
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Video : rear tires are only 265 wide and the front are 255

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e6ex4zn_xI

i still believe that the Bimmers will be better than the GLC63 and the Stelvio in Driving and also around the Ring but for the looks indeed the tires will look Thin imo. thoughts ?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235Montreal View Post

i still believe that the Bimmers will be better than the GLC63 and the Stelvio in Driving and also around the Ring but for the looks indeed the tires will look Thin imo. thoughts ?
Only time will tell, but the BMW X3M/X4M have some pretty stiff competition in the segment. Hard to be better than the Stelvio QV and AMG GLC63S, but we’ll find out soon enough. I saw a Jaguar F Pace SVR and was kind of disappointed, especially for the window sticker of $98k as built.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc3456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M235Montreal View Post

Only time will tell, but the BMW X3M/X4M have some pretty stiff competition in the segment. Hard to be better than the Stelvio QV and AMG GLC63S, but we’ll find out soon enough. I saw a Jaguar F Pace SVR and was kind of disappointed, especially for the window sticker of $98k as built.
Please explain why you were disappointed with svr as i bet lots of us are cross shopping.

I have a feeling the svr will have deep discounts come fall when X3M comp hits dealers and is cheaper...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 08:36 PM   #4
mcc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa QVs & 4C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Please explain why you were disappointed with svr as i bet lots of us are cross shopping.

I have a feeling the svr will have deep discounts come fall when X3M comp hits dealers and is cheaper...
Sorry, no major insights other than I expected it to look more impressive, especially for the $100k price. It was so ordinary, I didn’t even bother to take a picture. The seats did look nice though, and I imagine it handles well.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
bm3tuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, F80 M3

Best Sound: Jaguar SVR
Best Handling: Stelvio
Most Luxury: Benz GLC63S
Best package: BMW X3M
Appreciate 1
ando1954.50
      04-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #6
Replicant
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

It's a bit bizarre, since the rears on my M40i are 275. How can the tires on the M be narrower.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 12:02 PM   #7
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

The spec is probably for balanced handling at the limit...or maybe just cost cutting. It should be doable to move the 265s up front and put 295/35 on rear. Looks like that size is available in 21s.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 05:58 AM   #8
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Maybe I m wrong, but I would suspect another reason. And it is a point that most of you living in North America may not seen (because you don't live in EU). After the Dieselgate in Europe, regulations changed and testing methods as well, with the introduction of WLTP tests. Europe requests to car producers to reduce dramaticaly the CO2 emissions of their fleet, and those who will not meet the new regulations will get some nice fines. So back to the tires, I presume the choice of 265 wide rear tire is only to reduce the fuel consumption and the CO2 emission for the WLTP homologation process. Then consumer will probably have the choice to take wider tires afterward. Unfortunately the driver's guide doesn't show the technical specs of the car.
Remember I3 and I8 narrow tires, the choice was done by bmw to reduce the electric consumption and increase the autonomy of the cars.

Beside this, another funny story making me think to the user here who utlitmately opted for an Alfa Stevio QV dark grey (which is very nice btw). Last weekend TV medias reported that the Chrisler/Fiat Group was not meeting the new regulations in terms of CO2 emissions with their Fleet. Europe suspect that they "cheat" by buying a large amount of Tesla in order to acheive the new CO2 regulation...
Appreciate 0