BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #23
AC888
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche Boxster, Mini Clubman

ipone integration

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Still no accessories brochure available on the .co.uk site (dealer says they havent had any yet either) but you can download the brochure from the .com site (see copy attached)

I will order (will post prices when I hear from the dealer)

Titanium Grille (hopefully a DIY fit or it will be expensive)
Chrome Exhaust Trim (definatley a DIY push on fit)
Snap in adaptor for Blackberry
Ipod Cable

Thinking about interior chrome package (maybe too much?)
The iphone integration in the brochure is very good, however, as UK already comes with a 6.5 '' screen, I wonder how this can be fitted?

If they do a Eastern European spec here with a reduced price, then is even better than having a prof media.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #24
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Accessories finder on UK site now updated with pricing

See http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/owner/acc...4ubmV0,00.html

Chrome Exhaust Trim £47.50
Titanium Grille £158.00
Intrerior Chrome Package £330.00 (WTF, 6 bits of plastic and some sticky 3M!!!!!)
Rubber Floor Mat set £77.50
Rubber Luggage Mat £75.00
Sports Steering Wheel £345.50 (£90 option seems cheap now)
Blackberry Snap in adapter £72.00

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #25
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Intrerior Chrome Package £330.00 (WTF, 6 bits of plastic and some sticky 3M!!!!!)

I agree 100%!

Cheers for the info

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 04:13 AM   #26
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 Auto Mineral Silver

Hi all, newbie here.

I ordered my X3 on November 22nd, expected del. 28th Feb 2011. In Jan I was told it was now June! After some discussions it went to May 16th. Is this normal or is someone taking me for a ride?

Also, when I ordered it I wanted a Sports Steering Wheel but was told I can olny order it with the Sports pack, so I didn't. Since reading this forum I've found it can be ordered now but when I rang the dealer to get it added, they told me it was too late as the spec couldn't be changed! How long does it take to build these cars?

I see its an option on the list shown above but I'm always weary of having the dealer refit a steering wheel as invariably it points at 11 o'clock!

I get the feeling the dealer wants me to cancel the order so they can have the car!

When I can I'll right a new post asking for delivery times from fellow members but until then any stories would be welcome.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:15 AM   #27
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbhuna View Post
Hi all, newbie here.

I ordered my X3 on November 22nd, expected del. 28th Feb 2011. In Jan I was told it was now June! After some discussions it went to May 16th. Is this normal or is someone taking me for a ride?

Also, when I ordered it I wanted a Sports Steering Wheel but was told I can olny order it with the Sports pack, so I didn't. Since reading this forum I've found it can be ordered now but when I rang the dealer to get it added, they told me it was too late as the spec couldn't be changed! How long does it take to build these cars?

I see its an option on the list shown above but I'm always weary of having the dealer refit a steering wheel as invariably it points at 11 o'clock!

I get the feeling the dealer wants me to cancel the order so they can have the car!

When I can I'll right a new post asking for delivery times from fellow members but until then any stories would be welcome.
This is absolute nonsense. You can change your spec until about a week before it goes into production. I know this because I changed mine quite a few times, including a change to add Dynamic Package + 309 alloys rather than just 309s (getting the sports steering wheel, as you are trying to do).

The final change was made two weeks before it went into production, and a week before production started, I tried to add something else and was told I couldn't because it had entered pre-production (or something like that). I think it's when it gets assigned a VIN.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #28
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Sfax, the dealer says its gone from 1100 to 1200 whatever that means, but it basically prevented them from making any changes. Working in IT, I suggested that if they actually picked up the phone rather than rely on 'Computer says no' then it should be possible. How hard can it be to put a different wheel on a car thats not due until May!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Sfax, the dealer says its gone from 1100 to 1200 whatever that means, but it basically prevented them from making any changes. Working in IT, I suggested that if they actually picked up the phone rather than rely on 'Computer says no' then it should be possible. How hard can it be to put a different wheel on a car thats not due until May!
Not sure on the status numbers but as a guide, mine was supposed to be due early Feb and the "lockdown" on changes happened at the start of Jan. I made changes on about Dec 15, and I think I could have made changes up until Dec 31 based on what was said. If you are 3 months away from the delivery date I don't see how they can say you can't make any changes.

If what they are saying is true you should expect to see it go into production this week and they should already have a VIN for your car. Perhaps that is the case and your delivery estimate is pessimistic? End of production (status departed plant) to delivery date for my order is approx 40 days.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #30
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I can only hope that things are happening quicker than anticipated sfax. When is yours due?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #31
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I can only hope that things are happening quicker than anticipated sfax. When is yours due?
Believe it or not, I still don't have a delivery date. I was told early Feb and then nothing. It's still at status "departed plant" on their systems even though I know (I hope) it's now on a ship sailing into Bremerhaven (Germany) because I've been tracking it (see this thread: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showth...ghlight=orders)

It scheduled to arrive in Southampton on Feb 14. I think the dealer will call me then and arrange delivery for a week or two after that.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #32
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi all, newbie here.

Welcome, what spec did you order (colour combo + options)

My dealer had to circumvent the system to add the sports wheel to my order it did take him 5 mins, your dealer is lazy or ill-informed (or both, like most others )

Ordered mine 15th Nov and due 14th April, so your mid May deliver sounds spot on

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #33
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Bimmer UK, I'm sure you're right on the dealer front but I've pushed them on it and they still say it's too late. I'm more cross because it took me to find someone had managed to order it separately on this forum rather than them knowing about it and contacting me. They knew I wanted it. When did you add yours? At the time of order or later on?

Was you told in November it was going to be April?

I've gone for Auto, Mineral Silver, Oyster Leather, std wheels, x-line, heated elec. sports seats, DAB, elec mirrors, extended storage, bluetooth. Didn't go for any media/nav as my iPhone does it all so £2.5k seemed daft!

Didn't want the sports pack that had the s/w in it as I want to move away from Sports Suspension. Not sure my back/teeth can take any more after 5 years in 2 x 1 Series.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #34
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi Bimmer UK, I'm sure you're right on the dealer front but I've pushed them on it and they still say it's too late. I'm more cross because it took me to find someone had managed to order it separately on this forum rather than them knowing about it and contacting me. They knew I wanted it. When did you add yours? At the time of order or later on?

Was you told in November it was going to be April?

I've gone for Auto, Mineral Silver, Oyster Leather, std wheels, x-line, heated elec. sports seats, DAB, elec mirrors, extended storage, bluetooth. Didn't go for any media/nav as my iPhone does it all so £2.5k seemed daft!

Didn't want the sports pack that had the s/w in it as I want to move away from Sports Suspension. Not sure my back/teeth can take any more after 5 years in 2 x 1 Series.
Nice spec, I have ordered Oyster also (not many of us with good taste ) did you go for wood trim?

Added the sports wheel mid jan by telephone and waited whilst dealer changed the order (as said above he did have to circumvent the system as the computer system did not easily allow the add on)

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #35
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nice spec, I have ordered Oyster also (not many of us with good taste ) did you go for wood trim?

Added the sports wheel mid jan by telephone and waited whilst dealer changed the order (as said above he did have to circumvent the system as the computer system did not easily allow the add on)
No I didn't go for the wood just the standard satin silver.

I'm off to the dealer this afternoon for a showdown, wish me luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #36
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Make sure it's busy, raise your voice and don't leave there without a sports steering wheel! Good luck!

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #37
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No I didn't go for the wood just the standard satin silver.

How did you get on?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 02:29 AM   #38
Redbhuna
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Nothing doing, cars in production now and can't be changed. They aren't prepared to help out with the cost if I decide to have it dealer fit (£1100!). All down to the price I'm paying and current demand. I guess their happy to watch me walk away.

Anyone want an X3 in May?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 03:53 AM   #39
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry to hear that mate. You must be fuming. In normal circumstances you could cancel but if you still want an X3 that would mean waiting another 7 months. If it is "in production" now as they say, that suggests the maximum time to delivery should be start of April (based on my order experience)

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #40
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nothing doing, cars in production now and can't be changed. They aren't prepared to help out with the cost if I decide to have it dealer fit (£1100!). All down to the price I'm paying and current demand. I guess their happy to watch me walk away.

Anyone want an X3 in May?
Its not worth £1100 in a million years, once you take delivery you will forget about it

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #41
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Pics of 20d Exhaust Trim (DIY push fit)

Finish is a highly polished (mirrored) chrome

Name:  DSCF2924.JPG
Views: 5879
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  DSCF2932.JPG
Views: 5864
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  DSCF2926.JPG
Views: 5795
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  DSCF2931.JPG
Views: 5770
Size:  40.4 KB

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #42
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers! Can't believe you have some of your new X3 before me

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 03:56 AM   #43
mcmasman
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW X3 2.0D msport

Quote:
Pics of 20d Exhaust Trim (DIY push fit)

Finish is a highly polished (mirrored) chrome
Hi Bimmer UK 76, do you have the part number for this part?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2011, 05:16 AM   #44
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Here you go mate

20D chrome exhaust trim part number is B18.30.8.511.364

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0