BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #23
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob175 View Post
Sure, I can understand the governments' desire to encourage more electric vehicles. But consider the tens of millions who have NO ABILITY to easily plug their vehicles for recharging. Those will never consider electric to be practical.

Many people in urban areas park on the street, don't have garages or the ability to run extension cords from their homes/apartments to a car parked on the street overnight. Charging stations are built to make a profit so those costs will climb (and probably will) eventually becoming as costly as buying gasoline.

Personally, I believe that as more electric cars are built, demand for fossil fuels might actually drop...as demand drops so do prices. We saw that happen during the pandemic......capacity and supply outpaced demand and prices fell.
The point I always make about electric cars, think about when Millions of people try to get out of harms way of coming Hurricane and everyone on the highways and need to charge up all at once, A car take 5 minute to top off and back on your way, a electric car take 30 to 45 minutes and there is not enough space to have 1000's of cars park waiting to be charged up.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2021, 03:58 PM   #24
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Here is an update on what I have notice about the ASS. It definitely gotten better I figured out the system goes through a learning process, it learns how you drive and where you drive and the typical time you spend stop at various intersection. It is now more consistently, it is still not prefect, there are times it will not stop when you think it should like pulling into the driveway at home. There are time it work exactly as you would expect, I pull in to the driveway, it auto stops and stays stopped when it places in parked and when the doors are open the car completely shut down.

Other times it just does random things. We planning to take to the dealer and see what they can explain what is happening and why.
Appreciate 0