BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #243
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
I ordered end of May, just been told production likely week commencing September 17, delivery likely week commencing October 29.
ARGH!
'02 Morgan Aero 8
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #244
MrPorter
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i, 2020 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcleuk View Post
Nice! I just called, mine is Week 34 and they are currently on week 32.

This waiting is taking too long
Looks like I got bumped back up to week 34 (they had told me 35 before)...which makes more sense
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #245
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, M2C, Ferrari 328

Can anyone in any zip code see rebates/offers for the 2019 model M40i on the BMW US website? For my zip code they are still showing nothing. I had heard new offers would be announced on 8/3, and if that is the case I am concluding there are no offers for the 2019 M40i in my area.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #246
kcleuk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPorter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcleuk View Post
Nice! I just called, mine is Week 34 and they are currently on week 32.

This waiting is taking too long
Looks like I got bumped back up to week 34 (they had told me 35 before)...which makes more sense
Ha! The Genius said "it will start very soon!" He said 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #247
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

FYI: latest update... supposedly there is an engineering hold and a market release hold on my car. Engineering hold is supposedly because the government hasn't tested the 2019 M40i yet and BMW can't release it until that testing is done. The market release hold is because BMW hasn't released it to the market yet, probably because of the engineering hold? Supposedly my car is sitting at some vehicle processing facility until these holds are removed. They have no timeline as to when these holds will be removed, though the car does show its suppose to be at my dealer by 8/8.

Anyone have any inside info??

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 05:00 PM   #248
AuPanda
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
FYI: latest update... supposedly there is an engineering hold and a market release hold on my car. Engineering hold is supposedly because the government hasn't tested the 2019 M40i yet and BMW can't release it until that testing is done. The market release hold is because BMW hasn't released it to the market yet, probably because of the engineering hold? Supposedly my car is sitting at some vehicle processing facility until these holds are removed. They have no timeline as to when these holds will be removed, though the car does show its suppose to be at my dealer by 8/8.

Same thing happened to the 2019 Cayenne.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 07:25 PM   #249
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuPanda View Post
Quote:

Same thing happened to the 2019 Cayenne.
Is the Cayenne released yet?? If so how long did it take?

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #250
AuPanda
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40

Still not released in the USA; probably January and it's an EPA thing with Porsche. I expect that since the M40i engine is not new (unlike the Cayenne engines) it will be days instead of months.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #251
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

I hope so!! Fingers crossed it updates to shipped tomorrow.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #252
ghostdog1108
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4 M40i CARBON BLACK

My order moved to 'awaiting carrier assignment' this morning.......,
      08-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #253
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog1108 View Post
My order moved to 'awaiting carrier assignment' this morning.......,
Mines been there since Saturday

Just called again and they said it still has an "engineering data hold" and that it could take 1-2 weeks to go away, they have no idea.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 01:22 PM   #254
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Deleted

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #255
r3t1cal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:

Just called again and they said it still has an "engineering data hold" and that it could take 1-2 weeks to go away, they have no idea.
Damn!

Mine says "At The Port". It would be wonderful if they could AT LEAST get it on the rail car and to my dealer why they figure out the engineering data hold. It will take two weeks to get the car here anyhow.

ARGH I've planned a driving trip with some buddies with the plan of having the car here by then!!!

This car better be worth of these insane delays!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #256
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3t1cal View Post
Quote:

Damn!

Mine says "At The Port". It would be wonderful if they could AT LEAST get it on the rail car and to my dealer why they figure out the engineering data hold. It will take two weeks to get the car here anyhow.

ARGH I've planned a driving trip with some buddies with the plan of having the car here by then!!!

This car better be worth of these insane delays!!!
Ditto! I'm really up against a wall myself.

Current lease ended yesterday, but I can keep the car ~6 days without turning it in or making another payment. After that BMWFS wants me to make a full month's payment and then if I turn the car in before the month is up they said they might prorate the days and issue me a refund. To make matters worse, I swapped the original runflats back on to the car at the end of May anticipating a new car in just a couple weeks and that obviously hasn't happened. So since then I've put an additional 3,000 miles on the original runflats and if this keeps up I'm probably going to have to replace the runflats when I turn in the car. That would be an additional $1200 or so out of my pocket! This whole ordering is starting to go south for me. I'm in the process of seeing if the dealer will give me ANY loaner to tide me over till the car finally arrives, but that's totally up to them just being nice, they're under no obligation. BMWNA really dropped the ball in my opinion, but they don't see it that way at all! So frustrating...

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 03:28 PM   #257
r3t1cal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Current lease ended yesterday, but I can keep the car ~6 days without turning it in or making another payment. After that BMWFS wants me to make a full month's payment and then if I turn the car in before the month is up they said they might prorate the days and issue me a refund. To make matters worse, I swapped the original runflats back on to the car at the end of May anticipating a new car in just a couple weeks and that obviously hasn't happened. So since then I've put an additional 3,000 miles on the original runflats and if this keeps up I'm probably going to have to replace the runflats when I turn in the car. That would be an additional $1200 or so out of my pocket! This whole ordering is starting to go south for me. I'm in the process of seeing if the dealer will give me ANY loaner to tide me over till the car finally arrives, but that's totally up to them just being nice, they're under no obligation. BMWNA really dropped the ball in my opinion, but they don't see it that way at all! So frustrating...

I had to extend the lease as well, but my dealership is paying for it because the reason my 2018 didn't arrive was because of them. BMW told me I would get a pro rated check though regardless of my timeline.

Sorry your having trouble there.

Though I have some good news for me:

While the website still says "At The Port" the Genius on the phone confirmed that the car left via train on 8/5/2018 and will reach the Port of Oxnard on 8/20/2018. Which puts delivery right on schedule for 8/25.

I also asked him if he knew anything about an engineering hold and he told me he hasn't hear anything about that.

Buddies and I leave for a roadtrip at 4am on August 31st and also long as I get the car by then I'll be happy.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #258
pcmike
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3t1cal View Post
Quote:

I had to extend the lease as well, but my dealership is paying for it because the reason my 2018 didn't arrive was because of them. BMW told me I would get a pro rated check though regardless of my timeline.

Sorry your having trouble there.

Though I have some good news for me:

While the website still says "At The Port" the Genius on the phone confirmed that the car left via train on 8/5/2018 and will reach the Port of Oxnard on 8/20/2018. Which puts delivery right on schedule for 8/25.

I also asked him if he knew anything about an engineering hold and he told me he hasn't hear anything about that.

Buddies and I leave for a roadtrip at 4am on August 31st and also long as I get the car by then I'll be happy.
I'm also slated to go on a trip to the keys the weekend of the 24th and I was fully expecting to take the new car! I would be REALLY bummed if I didn't have it by then. Let's hope the holds are lifted shortly and I get mine in time for my trip and you for yours!! I'll figure out my current lease soon. May just turn the damn thing in and uber to work. It'll be a hassle, but I'll survive. I just don't want to spend anymore money on the current lease and I have nothing going on between now and my trip except work.

Fully Loaded
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 03:40 PM   #259
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep

I went into production on 7/26, just 1-2 days after you guys, and my status has not changed since then. Estimated completion had been 8/6 but was moved to 8/8 last week. I would have expected to go into 153 by now, but maybe it will blow through the last stages tomorrow. Be interesting to see.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 03:49 PM   #260
atlbimmer97
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M235ix GC

X3 Deal - Ideas

Looking to Finalize a Deal on an 2019 Ordered (Not on lot) X3 and know there are $4k in incentives available to be through Loyalty, Finance as well as USAA.

I see others posting they recommend a minimum of 8% off MSRP before Incentives, but I haven't been able to get too close to that yet. Best I have seen is a '$ cost' deal which is pretty close to dealer invoice, plus incentives This is on a 56k MSRP vehicle ($3750 off) plus the $4k in incentives for about $8k total - Any ideas on ways to get closer to the 8% or above before incentives? I'd be doing PCD in SC regardless to pickup doesnt matter.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #261
r3t1cal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbimmer97 View Post
Looking to Finalize a Deal on an 2019 Ordered (Not on lot) X3 and know there are $4k in incentives available to be through Loyalty, Finance as well as USAA.

I see others posting they recommend a minimum of 8% off MSRP before Incentives, but I haven't been able to get too close to that yet. Best I have seen is a '$ cost' deal which is pretty close to dealer invoice, plus incentives This is on a 56k MSRP vehicle ($3750 off) plus the $4k in incentives for about $8k total - Any ideas on ways to get closer to the 8% or above before incentives? I'd be doing PCD in SC regardless to pickup doesnt matter.

Thanks in advance!
If you doing PDC can you expand your dealer options?

The way I got my deal was by going to 5 different dealers and seeing who wanted my business.

Make sure you see if you can get the BMW CCA and Costco rebates too!
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #262
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbimmer97 View Post

Thanks in advance!
Make sure there are actually incentives on 2019 models in your area if ordering an xDrive model -- there are none in my area except for the RWD sDrive models (which have been on sale since spring).
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #263
skier219
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post
I went into production on 7/26, just 1-2 days after you guys, and my status has not changed since then. Estimated completion had been 8/6 but was moved to 8/8 last week. I would have expected to go into 153 by now, but maybe it will blow through the last stages tomorrow. Be interesting to see.
I guess I spoke too soon -- just went into 153 / entering assembly line!
Appreciate 1
pcmike144.00
      08-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #264
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Lol if no M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0