BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-21-2021, 08:42 AM   #23
sittingmongoose
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 x3mC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
Cheap? They're forged. Cheap and forged don't go in the same sentence.
I had no idea the 21" wheels were forged. But I did ready someone post on here a while back that they were. That's good news if they are. I guess 40lbs for a 21" isn't too bad.

I would like a better sound systems & wider tires for sure. Laser light would be great too!
The laser lights are on the lci and They aren't as good as the led because they are so de-tuned to meet USA regulations.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 12:39 PM   #24
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
... - what changes, options, features etc. would you like to see on the next gen X3M?

I'll start - I'd love to see the signature M carbon fiber roof.
+1 on the CFRP, no rails, and if aerodynamics and weight allow then agree with wider stance and wheels/tires (but if those cause a major hit to Cd and weight I'd prefer current specs).

Also, here's a link to some other suggestions found in URBAN LEGEND's similar thread back in Jun '20 for those who might have missed it: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1726332

Here's a rendering I just finished showing Frozen MBB with the CFRP roof:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 09:44 PM   #25
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
what you're gonna see on the next X3M & X4M is a 4 cylinder 2.0T with a hybrid unit.... enjoy your S58 and appreciate what you got... the last great 6 cylinder from BMW I suspect, the last of an era.

The point of this car is simply NOT laser lights, or latest idrive system, its to feel pure driving joy.. and still get through winter safely, confidently, along with kids in the back seat, yes... its not an M2, but these cars are better than comparing their iDrive versions... like an iphone, or compute CPU, there's always a better one around the corner... but what makes our cars great, its the last of an era... i don't know why you're even thinking about next gen.

Last edited by spucktacular; 06-22-2021 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 06:37 AM   #26
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by spucktacular View Post
what you're gonna see on the next X3M & X4M is a 4 cylinder 2.0T with a hybrid unit.... enjoy your S58 and appreciate what you got... the last great 6 cylinder from BMW I suspect, the last of an era.

The point of this car is simply NOT laser lights, or latest idrive system, its to feel pure driving joy.. and still get through winter safely, confidently, along with kids in the back seat, yes... its not an M2, but these cars are better than comparing their iDrive versions... like an iphone, or compute CPU, there's always a better one around the corner... but what makes our cars great, is the last of an era... i don't know why you're even thinking about next gen.
You are absolutely right. Technology change will for sure out pace mechanical change. Like you said people are focusing on the wrong thing. Unfortunately that tech focused demographic is what car companies are also going after. It's more about how much tech can I jam in vs how the car mechanically behaves and drives. This is also true for ///M division.

As we step closer to electrification the driving aspect becomes less and less important each step of the way. It's too bad. Soon enough cars will be an appliance to get you from A to B autonomously and no one will care to physically drive.

Hopefully I can continue to enjoy the driving in my lifetime before a toaster takes over driving me around.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 07:15 AM   #27
grizzy727
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3m, 20 XC90,18 JLU, 04 911

double pane/super insulated windows -
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 11:30 PM   #28
spucktacular
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
You are absolutely right. Technology change will for sure out pace mechanical change. Like you said people are focusing on the wrong thing. Unfortunately that tech focused demographic is what car companies are also going after. It's more about how much tech can I jam in vs how the car mechanically behaves and drives. This is also true for ///M division.

As we step closer to electrification the driving aspect becomes less and less important each step of the way. It's too bad. Soon enough cars will be an appliance to get you from A to B autonomously and no one will care to physically drive.

Hopefully I can continue to enjoy the driving in my lifetime before a toaster takes over driving me around.
I really respect the perspective and understanding where I came from… I’m also really sad to see that my childhood pleasure, of pushing G forces through a tight grin, might come to an end. As a child of technology and the internet entrepreneurial era, no thank you Tesla. I may have owned every single iPhone ever made, but I will never let go of that exhaust crack and whip willingly..

To that I salute Porsche and take my hat off to their efforts with the taycan sedan and cross country “all road” spec, to maintain some sort of driver satisfaction can I hope to god AMG and M don’t end up like blackberry.

A taxi and an experience are different things, with different value and emotional reward to people. I’m never going to take a taxi ride to blow off steam, to clear my head or to smile from ear to ear.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2021, 03:00 AM   #29
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzy727 View Post
double pane/super insulated windows -
When you look at the thicker windows you can get as an option on the X3 M40i, I think our X3 M's already have upgraded glass in them.
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 10:24 PM   #30
clank
Private
Rep
Drives: X3M,16_M3,14_ 535-msport

trailer HITCH
Appreciate 0