BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-06-2022, 08:09 AM   #45
Jeronimo2206
Rep
Drives: Bmw iX3

Removing airvents

Hi they actually come of pretty simple by hand, you do need to help the double sided tape a bit and probably replace that with new tape. I actually in the end also removed the black plastic underneath as I wanted to see how that would look, but no need to do that if you just want to paint the frozen bits. Think it makes the car more modern and sporty without all chrome on the sides, on the front I only did the below chrome strip, left the frozen bits as on the back.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2022, 07:33 AM   #46
liljestig
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G08 iX3 M Sport

Would the G01 grille fit on a G08?

Like this one?

Source: G01 X3 LCI 30i/iXi/eX Gloss Black Front Grille - with Parking Assist Plus - BMW (51-13-5-A1A-C56)

Many thanks

Dan Liljestig
Singapore

G08 BMW iX3 M-Sport Impressive Piemont Red Metallic on order
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:19 AM   #47
Itsmemario
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ix3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPastell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanis34 View Post
Any plans on installing a 'normal' black grill and/or other rims ? Although my dealer also said that other rims are currently being rejected by BMW due to the higher weight, but that new rim styles are probably coming in 2022 for the electric vehicles (i4 , iX)
I actually like the grill so it will stay. But the wheels drive me mad... I thought that some black paint on the alloy inserts would be enough but I'm not so sure anymore.
Looking at aftermarket wheels right now and thinking about new 20" rims to just switch over the tyres and tpms to. We'll see what happens
Quote:
Quote:
Any plans on installing a 'normal' black grill and/or other rims ? Although my dealer also said that other rims are currently being rejected by BMW due to the higher weight, but that new rim styles are probably coming in 2022 for the electric vehicles (i4 , iX)
I actually like the grill so it will stay. But the wheels drive me mad... I thought that some black paint on the alloy inserts would be enough but I'm not so sure anymore.
Looking at aftermarket wheels right now and thinking about new 20" rims to just switch over the tyres and tpms to. We'll see what happens
Very nice project! Do you know a place to get a different grill for this model. I've seen a lot for the facelift ix3 but not the pre facelift. I have a pre facelift ix3 from 2021
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 11:21 AM   #48
Itsmemario
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ix3

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljestig View Post
Like this one?

Source: G01 X3 LCI 30i/iXi/eX Gloss Black Front Grille - with Parking Assist Plus - BMW (51-13-5-A1A-C56)

Many thanks

Dan Liljestig
Singapore

G08 BMW iX3 M-Sport Impressive Piemont Red Metallic on order
Quote:
Quote:
Is this one for the ix3 2021 model(pre facelift)
Appreciate 0