BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-29-2023, 11:15 AM   #1
nubbian
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition LCI

X4M Competition LCI doorstill problem

Hello everyone, I am a new owner of a X4M Competition LCI that is 11/2021 production and the car was bought recently with 24000km on it. I’ve noticed that there is damage on the driver’s doorstill and the rear left doorstill (behind the driver’) exactly where the door meets the doorstill. I have attached some pictures.

I believe it is caused by the door grinding on the doorstill maybe due to the door (or hinges) becoming loose and saggy causing it to grind against the lower part as the two spots are exactly where the door and the doorstill meet. However, I am not sure if this could happen with such premium vehicles given the significantly low mileage of the car. The car is accident free so I am quite certain that it is not due to some misrepair. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue and do you have any suggestions as to how to approach this? I was due to install a full PPF, but I would like to first have this repaired so that the PPF can protect a paint that is in perfect condition. On the right passenger doors there are no issues.

Car is still in warranty so I will also be addressing this to the official dealer, but I am not sure if they would accept this as a claim.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 02:00 PM   #2
Petercjr
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

I had the same issue after vehicle was at dealer to get a rim fixed that the wife curbed, didn't notice right away but at the right angle and light noticed the lower rocker panel was wavy and not straight. Investigated it and found the jack imprint right in the center of the rocker where the dealer jacked up to remove the wheel for repair. There are specific jack points on the vehicle that uses an insert so this does not happen. I contacted my dealer and brought back to them, they replaced the rocker and paid to have PPF on the new piece. Pretty poor to have inexperienced people working on expensive vehicles but my dealer made it right.
Appreciate 0