BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-09-2019, 06:54 AM   #287
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (G01) M40i (MY20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochview View Post
Just had an email from Tony and now he says after regular communication with the docks, it's now looking likely for week commencing 21st...

Swear words aplenty....
:
::
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #288
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72uk View Post
Quote:

.... as another member said earlier, his status stayed at 9630 right up until he collected it at his dealer. Go figure...
which is interesting, as apparently (according to my dealer and seeming Tony from your side too) they (the dealer) have to call the car off once it clears customs (and the status changes to 9645). Perhaps an anomaly where the status was never updated.
Thinking back, I don't recall checking after the dealer advised it was on the way to them, so may have been a couple of days prior to arriving with them. Either way, it was less than a week from changing to 9630 and arriving at a Kent dealership.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #289
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan1357 View Post
Thinking back, I don't recall checking after the dealer advised it was on the way to them, so may have been a couple of days prior to arriving with them. Either way, it was less than a week from changing to 9630 and arriving at a Kent dealership.
well, we live in hope.........fools hope maybe, but hope nonetheless
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 06:09 AM   #290
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just had an email from Tony and now he says after regular communication with the docks, it's now looking likely for week commencing 21st...

Swear words aplenty....
Lochview,

I checked in with my Dealer today. No change, still at 9630, and the expected date has (like yours) gone out to 21st October again.

He has (apparently) raised it within the dealership and up to BMW to try and establish what is going on as he says that it has been "consigned" for 5 days now and the date moving out after it has arrived in the UK is "unusual"

Hoping for some more positive new tomorrow. I have had to amend my "No news is good news" policy to No news is bad news" for this !
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 06:11 AM   #291
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i (MY20 TU)

Quote:
Quote:

Swear words aplenty....
Lochview,

I checked in with my Dealer today. No change, still at 9630, and the expected date has (like yours) gone out to 21st October again.

He has (apparently) raised it within the dealership and up to BMW to try and establish what is going on as he says that it has been "consigned" for 5 days now and the date moving out after it has arrived in the UK is "unusual"

Hoping for some more positive new tomorrow. I have had to amend my "No news is good news" policy to No news is bad news" for this !
Heard back from my dealer that my car should move to status 9645 after talking to the logistics partner, so I will know for sure by close of play today whether the 19th collection date will happen!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 06:13 AM   #292
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Heard back from my dealer that my car should move to status 9645 after talking to the logistics partner, so I will know for sure by close of play today whether the 19th collection date will happen!
That will be excellent news!
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #293
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Great, I await photos of our colour combination!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #294
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Car is now at 9650 and will be collected tomorrow and taken to the dealer in Heathrow, ready for collection next Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 09:47 AM   #295
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Car is now at 9650 and will be collected tomorrow and taken to the dealer in Heathrow, ready for collection next Saturday!
Damn you man......

If I give you my order number / VIN, maybe you can get Tony to sort something out for me.....or at least get contact details from him that I can pass to my dealer !

PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE !
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 09:59 AM   #296
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Damn you man......

If I give you my order number / VIN, maybe you can get Tony to sort something out for me.....or at least get contact details from him that I can pass to my dealer !

PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE !
PM me and I'll see if I can ask Tony to provide an email address for your dealer to follow up...

I can only ask for you.

UPDATE: The details of the logistics company is for internal use only. Your dealer should be able to contact this team directly too if you press them!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #297
dylan1357
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Great news Lochview.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #298
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
PM me and I'll see if I can ask Tony to provide an email address for your dealer to follow up...

I can only ask for you.

UPDATE: The details of the logistics company is for internal use only. Your dealer should be able to contact this team directly too if you press them!
Cheers, have pm'd you (but assume ion the above that Tony could not share details with you) and have pressed my dealer to contact logistics company !
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 11:12 AM   #299
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I can only ask for you.

Cheers, have pm'd you (but assume ion the above that Tony could not share details with you) and have pressed my dealer to contact logistics company !
Yeah, really sorry I couldn't help further.

I heard from Tony that the car is being collected tomorrow and should be with him on Saturday.

He will do the PDI locally at Berry Heathrow and prepare it roughly (just an interior clean) and a wash with water only on the exterior to freshen it.

It is then going into my detailer a week on Monday to get de-badged, the wing mirrors painted BMW jet black and then getting GTechniq CSU treatment inside and out.

I will share pictures thereafter all that process completes.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #300
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

I heard from Tony that the car is being collected tomorrow and should be with him on Saturday.

He will do the PDI locally at Berry Heathrow and prepare it roughly (just an interior clean) and a wash with water only on the exterior to freshen it.

It is then going into my detailer a week on Monday to get de-badged, the wing mirrors painted BMW jet black and then getting GTechniq CSU treatment inside and out.

No worries, thanks for trying. Have pushed my dealer to chase logistics co urgently. I'm same boat. Dealer has requested delivery to them un-PDI'd, they will then PDI at theirs, and wash (like you I specified just rinse with water (they apparently will not leave it completely untouched), do not touch at any cost and leave all transport packaging on please). Thereafter I drive straight up the road to detailers for paint prep and ceramic coatings.

Hoping to have it all completed before weekend of 26th/27th as we are going away and want to drive new car together most of the run in period out of the way !
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #301
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No worries, thanks for trying. Have pushed my dealer to chase logistics co urgently. I'm same boat. Dealer has requested delivery to them un-PDI'd, they will then PDI at theirs, and wash (like you a specified just rinse with water, do not touch at any cost and leave all transport packaging on please). thereafter I drive straight up the road to detailers for paint prep and ceramic coatings.

Hoping to have it all completed before weekend of 26th/27th as we are going away and want to drive new car together most of the run in period out of the way !
Sounds good. I have the car at the detailers from Monday 21st to Saturday 26th, so that day will be the first weekend I can really enjoy the full inside / out experience after it has had its treatment.

Can't wait to compare photos and notes after a few weeks ownership with you!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 11:24 AM   #302
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good. I have the car at the detailers from Monday 21st to Saturday 26th, so that day will be the first weekend I can really enjoy the full inside / out experience after it has had its treatment.

Indeed, I'm desperately hoping to have mine next week sometime so that I have it back from detailers week commencing 21st (1/2 term down here) but that's is feeling pretty ambitious now!

Photos will be shared for sure and notes compared.

Already got the M-Performance mats being delivered hopefully tomorrow or early next week plus these:
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #303
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Indeed, I'm desperately hoping to have mine next week sometime so that I have it back from detailers week commencing 21st (1/2 term down here) but that's is feeling pretty ambitious now!

Photos will be shared for sure and notes compared.

Already got the M-Performance mats being delivered hopefully tomorrow or early next week plus these:
Nice - looks good. Had the same initial thought but decided not to go for them personally.

The M Perf mats are just fab - you'll love them for sure. Mine arrived last week and I'm very happy with them along with my M Perf key cover too. Made a wee mod for it to attach it to a keychain.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #304
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nice - looks good. Had the same initial thought but decided not to go for them personally.

The M Perf mats are just fab - you'll love them for sure. Mine arrived last week and I'm very happy with them along with my M Perf key cover too. Made a wee mod for it to attach it to a keychain.
My OCD getting the better of me...now every time I look at the car, all 4 wheels will be the right way up

OCD might still come into play as spokes won't be lined exactly the same on all 4 wheels.

Going to ask detailer to fit the hubs when they do the ceramic on the alloys and want the mats for detailing so that they are included in the carpet and fabric treatment for the interior......

Getting excited now !

Hoping dealer has managed to get status moved forward and call car down. missed a call from him earlier and assume he's gone for the day now.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:08 PM   #305
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Lochview,

News just in.... email from dealer...

"Hi Mike,

The vehicle status changed and I could possibly have the vehicle on site around Tuesday. I will have more information for you tomorrow morning."

That would be 15th Oct. collect 16th and direct to detailers, to hopefully have back by the weekend or Monday 21st !
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #306
Mike72uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lochview,

"Hi Mike,

The vehicle status changed and I could possibly have the vehicle on site around Tuesday. I will have more information for you tomorrow morning."

That would be 15th Oct. collect 16th and direct to detailers, to hopefully have back by the weekend or Monday 21st !
Evening just gets better. That email was shortly followed by one from the finance chap confirming that BMW Financial Services have agreed to switch me to the latest 2.9% rate. Was 4.9%.

Confirmation that - "Don't ask, don't get !"
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #307
ClaretFozzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:
Evening just gets better. That email was shortly followed by one from the finance chap confirming that BMW Financial Services have agreed to switch me to the latest 2.9% rate. Was 4.9%.

Confirmation that - "Don't ask, don't get !"
Hmmm, interesting.

I'm going to ask TRL about this as I know the finance quotes were redone on the 30th September for my car due to the impending delays and the possibility that my quote might expire.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #308
lochview
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lochview,

"Hi Mike,

Great news.. fingers crossed that happens for you!
Appreciate 0